• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

That trailer sucks ass. Its like a random collection of scenes with some nearly confused ramblings about the plot. From that trailer you'd think you were about to watch I RObot.

Anyone have the link to the previous trailer? I've only seen the first one with the song but I think another one came out after it that I missed.

White Man

Not as good as the first film. It suffers from a very Matrix Reloaded-esque stumble of trying too hard to capture the mystique of the first film without establishing its own identity. Cool action sequences, though, which is what the majority probably want from a GitS film.

I own the first one and will keep it for it's "ground breaking" attributes but I only watched it 2 or 3 times and I think it's a borefest.

The Matrix might have ripped it off, but to me it's much more enjoyable to watch.

I hope I like the second one more.

Dead

well not really...yet
When it was premiered at Cannes, apparently 1/3 to half of the audience left before it was over.

White Man

When it was premiered at Cannes, apparently 1/3 to half of the audience left before it was over.

Wouldn't surprise me. The reaction when I saw it was decidedly mixed. There's enough out of place, boring, heavy handed philosophizing to even turn off MGS2 fanboys. If it weren't for the action, it definitely wouldn't be worth it.

Dead

well not really...yet
I dont see how this can be even slower and more plodding than Oshiis Avalan, but im still looking forward to it, if anything it should be pretty nice visually, but not even that saves Avalon for me....well see I guess :/

On the subject of GITS I picked up the first DVD of Stand Alone Complex its pretty fucking great, definately looking forward to the rest since I missed the fansubs...

Jim Bowie

I saw the GITS2 trailer when I saw Napoleon Dynamite. I guess I'm the only one who thought it looked sweet... it didn't give much away about the movie, but just enough to make me see it; kind of like a good trailer should.

I'm not suprised that people left at Cannes. I don't think that the Cannes going crowd are anime buffs, even more so ones that are psyched about a sequel to GITS.

Lastly, you are completely right about the announcer, bogg. Guy sounds like he's the announcer for the Disney Channel. I mean, I wouldn't know, because I don't watch the Disney Channel, but... erm... damn.

I saw Innocence at the Seattle International Film Festival.

The film looked incredible, but the story was only average. Then again, I'm one of those who hated the first film, but loves Stand Alone Complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom