• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima (Green Man Gaming) will be unavailable on countries without PSN

Sony closed a studio just 6 days after Jim visited them. 6 fucking days. Not even Microsoft is that cruel.
That studio didn't release something as meaningful as hi fi rush or the evil within, In fact I have never played a Game from PS London studios.
And they didn't bought the studio just to close it after 1 successful Game release.

Last edited:

Mithos

Some of the places where you can not officially create a PSN account do not make sense...

Åland Islands (part of Finland), just make it official to allow anyone from Åland Islands to choose "Finland" without breaking TOS, DONE.

3mrhvQT.png

Bouvet Islands, Svalbard, Jan Mayen (part of Norway), just make it official to allow anyone from these places to choose "Norway" without breaking TOS, DONE.
Yes I know only Svalbard have people living there permanently, and the other two locations only have scientist/researchers now and then.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Some of the places where you can not officially create a PSN account do not make sense...

Åland Islands (part of Finland), just make it official to allow anyone from Åland Islands to choose "Finland" without breaking TOS, DONE.

3mrhvQT.png

Bouvet Islands, Svalbard, Jan Mayen (part of Norway), just make it official to allow anyone from these places to choose "Norway" without breaking TOS, DONE.
Yes I know only Svalbard have people living there permanently, and the other two locations only have scientist/researchers now and then.

The problem is some of the governments want to negotiate deals to do business there. Look what just happened with Steam and Vietnam.

3mrhvQT.png

I used to buy tax-free PSN credits from Åland for stacking Finnish PS+ sub.(Was possible at one point)

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Are they like competing who fucks up more? I know that MS is miles ahead but no reason for them to follow this up after the last controversy.

It's required for the MP portion of the game, they'd need to sell it without MP.

I honestly think they can, as the MP part is simple and just a small expansion of the game via a single update. Could be even free and separated from the game.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I think this is way better than taking people's money before they hit with a requirement they can't fill. Sony should just hurry with expanding PSN expansion

Cyberpunkd

Publishers set the countries where their games are sold, not Valve.
Two separate things here:

1. Does the game require PSN login?
2. Can you make a PSN account in another country if your country is not officially supported?
2bis. Do you theoretically open yourself to being permanently banned at Sony’s discretion for making an account that doesn’t correspond to your country of origin?

Topher

Gold Member
Two separate things here:

1. Does the game require PSN login?
2. Can you make a PSN account in another country if your country is not officially supported?
2bis. Do you theoretically open yourself to being permanently banned at Sony’s discretion for making an account that doesn’t correspond to your country of origin?

Are you asking about GoT? The multiplayer part of the game requires PSN login. I don't know the consequences of selecting a country other than your own.

Holammer

Of course they dropped this on a Friday, hoping it'll blow over during the weekend.
GMG just let it out of the bag prematurely when they added the exceptions.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Just a question, Rock*, Capcom, Ubisoft and many others have some kinda login account.
So why is this so different?

rumors of xbox bowing out, and sony already starts tarding it up

cmon MS, make the next xbox somewhat sexy and ill buy
sony with a monopoly will be awful

BlackTron

I say Sony should just stop releasing games on PC. The revenue they get is so minuscule anyway.

As a business move for Sony they definitely never should have. It was going to hurt them in the long game without even botching the PSN linking.

It's very good for us gamers in the short term though. Of course that means we will all be in denial about the true ramifications of it down the line.

For an extreme example of what happens when you start intentionally dissipating exclusively, see Xbox

hemo memo

That studio didn't release something as meaningful as hi fi rush or the evil within, In fact I have never played a Game from PS London studios.
And they didn't bought the studio just to close it after 1 successful Game release.
Still, you don’t go there taking pictures and smiling just 6 days before you close the studio.

Top Bottom