• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghostwire: Tokyo Sequel Potentially Teased by Director

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Speaking to IGN Japan in a recent interview, Ghostwire: Tokyo director Kenji Kimura opened up about what could be next for the series. While stressing that he's currently just trying to enjoy the aftermath of the game's launch, it sounds like the studio could begin to work on something new soon enough.

"I think that when things calm down a bit more, and when I've cooled down a bit more, I'll have ideas for DLC and sequels, and I'll want to make them," Kimura explained. "Nothing has been decided yet, so I can't tell you anything more than that."

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
That's not a tease, potential or not. That's him saying he wants to do something but nothing has been decided. You can't tease something you don't know is going to happen.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If there is going be sequel I want more focus level design instead of open world, expand on combat like combining different elements together and more enemy types.

arvfab

Banned
If there is going be sequel I want more focus level design instead of open world, expand on combat like combining different elements together and more enemy types.

This. I enjoyed the game (more than Deathloop, which for some strange reason was reviewed much better than this), but the open world was really unnecessary and the "weapons" - especially the talismans - also could have been made more useful.

Danjin44

This. I enjoyed the game (more than Deathloop, which for some strange reason was reviewed much better than this), but the open world was really unnecessary and the "weapons" - especially the talismans - also could have been made more useful.
As someone who usually dont like FPS games I actually enjoyed the combat but it was on the shallow side, even after fully upgrading you abilities the combat doesn't change from you slowly backing away and shooting.

Also just because in first person it shouldn't be all about "shooting" you could vast different abilities, like summoning familiar to help you during the fight.
jujutsu-kaisen-megumi-fushiguro.gif

hand to hand combat.
jujutsu-kaisen-megumi-fushiguro.gif

Last edited:

Danjin44

How was the game all and all ?

Setting and story seem really interesting
I personally really enjoyed the game but it was heavily flawed. I felt the open world was unnecessary and combat was fun but it was shallow but my biggest problem is it’s low amount enemy types.

Well the first Evil Within wasnt that hot either with most ppl and they still made a second one. Havent played Ghostwire yet tho but I do plan to when its much cheaper.

Perhaps a new game completely under this guy's direction, instead of picking it up from another director during development, could truly show if he got the chops for directing engaging games

Valt7786

Sequel needs to do a lot to improve on this tbh. Really thought it looked cool but playing it was so...well, boring. The combat was so dull, story meh and city wasn't that fun to explore.

Imo the game needed a double jump and a dash ability. And a bit more active ai.
It really felt like it was made for vr. Stand still and shoot and when enemy gets close, parry.

Tokyo looked good, very detailed but with a fov mod you felt like a giant, like in alien isolation. And everything felt so small, streets and interior of buildings. It gave a claustrophobic feeling. Not a lot of room to move in a fight, bumping into objects.

Top Bottom