• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Global stock markets going on a new bull run soon!

longdi

Banned
AIIN0lD.png

Wow almost up 20% in less than a month!
Did you missed the boat?
With capitalism still rampant, better make use of the low interest rates and buy more stocks!

hope this thread won't age badly
zzwC2Xc.gif

PSYGN

I think it will rise up pretty quickly as long as the curve continues to flatten. Maybe even FOMO hype as anyone can buy stocks without knowing one thing about them these days just like they did with crypto in 2017/2018. If the news media hypes it as a once in a lifetime opportunity and social media hypes it further I can see a lot of dumb money flowing in. Maybe enough to prop the economy up for a little more.

But I still think we can have another COVID wave depending on how lax people get about this situation, and that one will REALLY hurt the economy. If a lot of dumb money comes in you can bet they will be the first to leave it and crash the economy even further and faster. I think people will be more forgiving with earnings until things get settled. I put my money back into the market Monday last week knowing we will probably have another crash, we'll see how much further it drops :messenger_tears_of_joy: .

greyshark

Earnings season is about to get going - we might see some sharp drops depending on how bad the data looks. We’re still in the depths of the nationwide shutdown so it’s hard to maintain too much optimism when the economy really isn’t back yet.

Pumping $3 trillion into the market basically had the effect that, for a few months, the stock market is now completely detached from the economy and reality.

Meaning big investments are saved for now, while normal Americans lose their jobs like crazy and people default on their mortgages and loans.
Essentially this is a massive redistribution of wealth from the bottom to the top.

Soon reality will kick in.
Demand will be a fraction of its former self for years to come. Supply as well. The debt that was the fuel of this economy since 2009 will never be repaid.
Retirement funds will disappear into the void, ETFs will be revealed as just another bubble, investment volume won't be there, inflation in the financial markets(I don't think we will see inflation in normal markets, though), jobs won't be there, know-how won't be there.

I am pretty convinced that this will mean the biggest change in living standards in the US since 1929.

longdi

Banned
Sounds like you need to get rid of Trump and his pump!
Trading volume for the last week were mainly retails entering while the institutional funds stayed on the sidelines.
So those silly ETF'ers buy the dip to average down for the next 30 years. :messenger_astonished:

GHG

This is a false dawn, the worst is still to come. When we are in the aftermath of the virus and the reality hits the stock markets are going to get worse for the vast majority of industries.

P PrellboGark summarised it nicely above.

Still holding off.

Top Bottom