• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War director Cory Barlog responds to rumor of Cyberpunk being delayed because of poor current gen performance, explains in detail how "EVERY ga

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I could be little off base here but CDPR from beginning already decided to make the game for PS4/X One, they should have known the limitation of those systems by now, I don't understand how can they finally realize in this late in development those systems are too weak for their game?

Grinchy

Banned
I could be little off base here but CDPR from beginning already decided to make the game for PS4/X One, they should have known the limitation of those systems by now, I don't understand how can they finally realize in this late in development those systems are too weak for their game?
Yeah, especially since even at E3 2018 they were saying it was targeting current gen consoles.

"The current console generation is what we're aiming for. We are aiming for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and of course PC as well."

I guess they forgot.

Last edited:
CDPR saying the xbox one s is holding back performance sounds like the biggest cop out imaginable the xbox one s is specd out better then the base ps4. The xbox s runs witcher 3 better then the base ps4 so unless there talking about the discontinued original xbox one this rumor doesnt add up that the xbox one s is the system holding back the game. Plus your saying that CDPR was targeting consoles that werent going to come out for another 8 years yea sure.

Last edited:
CDPR saying the xbox one s is holding back performance sounds like the biggest cop out imaginable the xbox one s is specd out better then the base ps4. The xbox s runs witcher 3 better then the base ps4 so unless there talking about the discontinued original xbox one this rumor doesnt add up that the xbox one s is the system holding back the game. Plus your saying that CDPR was targeting consoles that werent going to come out for another 8 years yea sure.
LMFAO!

Gamernyc78

Banned

OH we got another crazy delusional 😂🤣🤣🤣 paging Mistermediax and colteastwood come get your boy he smoking k2 again

Last edited:

Shakka43

source.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
N4Iz1ad.jpg

HotPocket69

Banned
Miyazaki is some late teen early 20 something whogivesashit.. Why does he matter on anything? Seriously.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: Isa

Dante83

Banned
Unlike cyberpunk 2077, God of war is an exclusive, has sony's funding, and sony even let him do what he wants with his game. He has the luxury of delaying his game as and when he pleases. His game's environments are very sparse and seems like a small ghost town compared to cyberpunk's MASSIVE open world environments where there are tons of shit going on at once. He seems to be a genuinely nice and cool dude, but he is way off with his comments here. It's very easy to say stuff like this from the outside. He is also forgetting that CD project red is not a big team and is based overseas. To coordinate such a big game is a feat in itself, let alone optimising and making it work on current gen consoles.

Last edited:

GHG

Ok but the final push before they go gold was supposed to be now. It was going to launch in a couple of months.

They were already doing it until it had to be delayed because they weren't going to make it.

GHG

Controll-alt-delete

This deal gets worse all the time.

I know this guy is pulling that info out of his ass, but what he is describing sounds like standard CDPR. They always port to PS last and performance is way below optimal there. Playable, but not stable.
That's misterxmedia 2.0.

Rumors say CDPR are having trouble with base consoles, specially Xbox One. If Xbox One was running it stable at 900p, the game wouldn't have been delayed.

j0hnnix

Who is Rory Barflog he obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. He acts like he created god of war.. what a cocky guy. The white guy version of Miyazaki. Pfft.

Last edited:
PS4 has better specs than Xbox One in GPU and RAM, and Witcher 3 was Xbox One's primary console target so it was given more attention.

Tripolygon

Banned
Doesn't this imply that EVERY "gameplay" video we see months before the release date is actually fake?

I mean, we all know they are, but at least they're saying it now.
No, it is just a Vertical Slice. A version of the game that has been polished to represent the finished game.

Last edited:

FireFly

The point is that even a game designed to the limitations of the hardware will still not be properly optimised until the final phase of the development. As that's when everything gets locked down.

So the fact the game is not currently optimised is not necessarily anything to worry about.

nkarafo

Must suck developing such a huge, ambitious game for so long, only for it to end up a cross-gen title.

Cross-gen titles tend to look obsolete when "pure" next gen titles start to mature and that doesn't take very long. I hope at least for the PC version to have some "future proof" visual settings.

Mista

Banned
Its obvious that they developed the game with a high end super PC and forgot that the current gen consoles aren’t up there for their ambition

Don’t mind them cancelling the current gen version and just concentrate on the new gen. Its the best solution after all

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Its obvious that they developed the game with a high end super PC and forgot that the current gen consoles aren’t up there for their ambition

Don’t mind them cancelling the current gen version and just concentrate on the new gen. Its the best solution after all
no that would be fucking stupid

ignoring the ps4 userbase
how many xbox series x and ps5 users are there right now?

Last edited:

EDMIX

You forgot this /s

This game has been made for current gen in mind, as to why it was in development for about 7 years or so. If they are making it with high end PC in mind, they can blame the delays and less sales if they cancel the current gen version.

Consider, they wouldn't even have THAT much put into the game to even take full 100% advantage of those next gen systems anyway, so to even rework the game to take full advantage of it, you might as well argue for them to start over again or something. All it tells me is this team is pretty dumb if that ends up being the path that they take. I have no issue with a team wanting to make a great game, but they knew of this hardware for 7 years, how on earth can we even trust their next title if its taking them another 8 years to release it only to need PS6 or the next XB for it to come out?

Does that sound like a competent developer to you? Did it look really smart and ambitious when it happened to Square with FFXV after many delays and name changes when it was originally FFXIII Versus?

So maybe this team can try making a damn game to run on the systems out right now, how come other teams understand this and they seem to have no clue about the hardware released currently?

Sony Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, Rockstar, Kojima Productions etc all running on God mode or something?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
no that would be fucking stupid

ignoring the ps4 userbase
how many xbox series x and ps5 users are there right now?
I feel more and more, console makers should not announce new consoles this far in the future, because it created such a retarded environment on the internet it's crazy. I was enjoying X1 and PS4 time, with gifs and it was fun. Now it's all about "insiders" and idiotic takes...

ethomaz

Banned
Yeap.
But when they did that optimization push they found they will have issues to make it run on XB1/PS4.

So delay.

Just seems he is out of subject with that tweet.

dotnotbot

Yeap.
But when they did that optimization push they found they will have issues to make it run on XB1/PS4.

So delay.

Just seems he is out of subject with that tweet.

These consoles are 6 years old and they released 1 major and 2 small titles for them, so they should know their target hardware very well by now. No way they could overestimate their abilities this much.

Last edited:

skneogaf

Surely 720p for xbox one original and 900p for ps4 is not terrible and even lower if needed as we're at the end of their life cycle.
Pretty much as long as they work the
situation is fine as the game will be shown off on the stronger consoles and the pc in screenshots and movies.

I'm impressed that they will be on the non pro consoles anyway.

-Troid-

Banned
If people are really worried about performance (console wise) than I'd just wait and get the game later when PS5/XSX are out and will likely be able to play the PS4/X1 versions with ease and/or enhancements due to back-compat.

I mean at this point with it delayed to September that's only about a one months wait till the likely November release of Next Gen. I know I'll probably wait to play it on the XSX. I've waited since Witcher 3 to play it; I can wait longer.

Top Bottom