• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye Rogue Agent multiplayer video

SD-Ness

I agree, there's no Goldeneye feel to it, but rather the bland feel [but not terrible] of the modern Bond games.

eshwaaz

"Halo 2 is doing dual weilding so we have to do it too."

The original Goldeneye featured "dual wielding" back in 1997. It also offered a control config where you controlled movement(forward/back/strafe left/strafe right) with your left thumb, and used your right thumb for aiming/looking - which is, for some reason, nowadays known as the "Halo config".

Halo is a great game, but seeing it constantly get credit where credit is not due is getting old.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
teepo said:
halo2 isn;t the first game to do duel wielding :(

First game I can recall a FPS using akimbo weapons is Rise of the Triad.

Anyway,here's some pics

919935_20040625_screen001.jpg

919935_20040625_screen002.jpg

919935_20040625_screen003.jpg

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Given the lack of quality fpsers on the GC, this could perform rather well. (AUF=409,332 Nightfire=387,908 as of April ltd.) Unless it's release date is still slated for Nov. Which spells doom facing RE4, VJ2, BK, NFS:UII, Starfox 2, Killer 7, & Echoes especially.

Deg

Banned
I'm buying this because i'm a sucker for Goldeneye but i hate how EA and MGM are further damaging the liscense. This is very pathetic. Game looks nice but its no Goldeneye quality game. Carrry on and bond will become a very damaged franchise.

I just don't know... I think that EA needs to just makes some clever video game adaptations of the Connery Bond films. 60's + Connery as Bond >>>>> all others.

Best thing EA could do would be make it Time exclusive for the GCN. And nintendo should advertise it a lot.

It does look nice(not awesome), could be good as a time exclusive for NIntendo.

The Bookerman said:
Best thing EA could do would be make it Time exclusive for the GCN. And nintendo should advertise it a lot.

That sounds like it'd be the best thing for Nintendo rather than EA. I really don't see what they'd get out of that other than some free advertising which they do plenty of anyway.

SolidSnakex said:
That sounds like it'd be the best thing for Nintendo rather than EA. I really don't see what they'd get out of that other than some free advertising which they do plenty of anyway.

Hmmm they get money for development, advertising is done by Nintendo, And it's only timed exclusive. Ubi Soft does it. Why can't EA do it.

The Bookerman said:
Hmmm they get money for development, advertising is done by Nintendo, And it's only timed exclusive. Ubi Soft does it. Why can't EA do it.

UBI only really does exclusive time periods for games that are superior to their counterparts like SC or Rainbow Six. That wouldn't be the case with the GC version of GE2.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I don't like the ragdoll over stylized death animations. If they wanted to capture the spirit of Goldeneye, they would have stuck with them.

The "level kills" should be fun, though, if they build enough of them into a stage. I think this shows promise, but it certainly looks early.

I wasn't saying that Halo 2 was the first game to to dual weilding. I was just saying that Halo 2 is coming out this year and there is a good cance that the only reason EA put dual weilding into this game is because there is dual weilding in Halo 2 and they have to compete with it. Regardless of your stance on Halo 2 you can't deny the fact that it's going to be HUGE. You guys should know that I'm not an Xbox.

The original Goldeneye featured "dual wielding" back in 1997. It also offered a control config where you controlled movement(forward/back/strafe left/strafe right) with your left thumb, and used your right thumb for aiming/looking - which is, for some reason, nowadays known as the "Halo config".

Halo is a great game, but seeing it constantly get credit where credit is not due is getting old.

That's not dual weilding... that's dual analog control. And technically it's lobotomized from PC shooters where on your left hand you have WASD to move you forwards/backwards and strafe left/right where as you use your right and on the mouse to turn left/right and look up/down. You do the same thing in a dual analog setup except both keyboard and mouse are replaced with joysticks, hence being called "dual analog" because both joysticks are analog. Also I've never ever heard anyone call this the "Halo config." I've always heard it being called "dual analog."

Dual weilding is using two guns at the same time.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
People seem to be confusing "weapons akimbo" for dual wielding. I doubt Halo 2 is the first to do it, but Rise of the Triad did NOT do the same thing. Using two of the same weapons to increase firepower and still use the same fire button != two separate weapons with individual fire buttons.

Goldeneye did NOT have dual wielding.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
dark10x said:
People seem to be confusing "weapons akimbo" for dual wielding. I doubt Halo 2 is the first to do it, but Rise of the Triad did NOT do the same thing. Using two of the same weapons to increase firepower and still use the same fire button != two separate weapons with individual fire buttons.

Goldeneye did NOT have dual wielding.

Yes, it did. As detailed above, an easter egg pause method grants you the ability to dual wield.

SolidSnakex said:
UBI only really does exclusive time periods for games that are superior to their counterparts like SC or Rainbow Six. That wouldn't be the case with the GC version of GE2.

Hmmm no. Why? Hmm because I worked around Ubi when Splinter Cell hit the scene. The reason why it hit the market on the x-box earlier is that Microsoft threw large chunks of money at Ubi so it could have it timed exclusive. The other versions would have been released(at least the PS2 version) not too long after.

Goreomedy said:
Yes, it did. As detailed above, an easter egg pause method grants you the ability to dual wield.

Yes goldeneye permitted 2 guns at the same time. I fail to see Innovation in Halo 2. It's only an evolution of halo. Not that it's a bad thing.

dark10x

Goreomedy said:

A glitch/easter egg eh? The "quality" of Goldeneye shines through...

dark10x

The Bookerman said:
Yes goldeneye permitted 2 guns at the same time. I fail to see Innovation in Halo 2. It's only an evolution of halo. Not that it's a bad thing.

Honestly, innovation IS NOT that important here...

Halo itself was based on many concepts found in other games prior to release. What made it special was that each aspect was executed better than a the vast majority of similar titles.

dark10x said:
Honestly, innovation IS NOT that important here...

Halo itself was based on many concepts found in other games prior to release. What made it special was that each aspect was executed better than a the vast majority of similar titles.

Yes. I agree.

Won't GE 2 be incredibly easy as there are tons of bad guys in a stage, but only one bond. Really, as on the bad guy side, you really have the upper hand.

Top Bottom