• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good, cheap web host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I'm looking into alternative web hosts at the moment and wanted to pick your brains. Any of you have any suggestions for a good, well-established hosting company? I need something that can support around 25GB bandwidth per month to start, and that is fairly expandable should I need it. Shared hosting is fine for me at this point. Anywho, have any suggestions? I tried doing a Google search and whatnot, but usually the results consist largely of fly-by-nights.

element

how cheap is cheap to you?

I just got the Gigabyte package from Globat.com
2,500 MB Web Space
75 GB Transfer per month
mySQL, PHP, and other goodies

Other places:
PowWeb
1,000 MB web space
5 GB per day
free subdomains

other good ones include:
lunarpages (awesome support from reviews)
Infinology (9 GB of space)
MidPhase (good features)

element

Semjaza Azazel said:
Surpass Hosting. I have the $6 a month plan and have been very happy with them. I've been with them over a year now.

Nice plans, rarely down, good speeds and super fast customer support.

www.surpasshosting.com
damn, i would have gone with surpasshosting if i knew about it.

oh well.

element said:
how cheap is cheap to you?

I just got the Gigabyte package from Globat.com
2,500 MB Web Space
75 GB Transfer per month

Be careful with Globat... I've heard nothing but trouble about them... I was considering getting that plan about a week ago and eventually ended up with http://www.dreamhost.com instead...

Dreamhost has been a 100% class act so far. Support for 3 domains and 5 subdomains simultaneously on one account, and even 1 domain registration free for the life of your dreamhost account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom