• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOP attack ad against Jon Ossoff: "Who knows, maybe he's associated with Bin Laden!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-VTBqzgN8

"Ossoff, uhh uhh, wrote for Al Jazeera and Al Jazeera, uhhhhh, they're Muslim and you know who else is Muslim? BIN LADEN."

This advertisement is a masterpiece, what great work by the GOP.

Jon Ossoff is the Democratic candidate running to replace Tom Price in GA-6, he's been doing really well in the voting and polls so far.

Is this the same guy they put an attack ad out because he dressed up as Han Solo once? Something tells me they are having problems finding some dirt on this dude, I dunno.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
What is he hiding? How can we trust him? Tune in next week for answers to these important questions.

They're so fucking scared the sixth might flip. I love it.

And yes, that's the same PAC that did the dumb fucking Han Solo ad. Even my dad, who constantly watches Fox News and reads Drudge, said the Solo ad was dumb.

My only concern about Ossoff is that if he can't win the election outright, when it goes to the runoff the votes will coalesce behind the remaining R candidate, likely Handel. Who has tried to fail upward so many times it's hard to keep track.

studyguy

"Fucking Millenials, how do we attack them? He dressed up as Han Solo once, maybe if we poke fun at the fact that he likes one of the most beloved series in all America.... Oh shit that didn't work! Fuck, better call him a terrorist"
- GOP opponents so far

Iksenpets

Banned
I mean, if you think about it, I've spend 99% of my life not knowing exactly where Jon Ossoff was at any given moment. Think of how many Bin Ladens he could have been meeting in all that time!

All of these ads should just talk about how he'll advance Pelosi's liberal agenda and raise your taxes. Every other attack they've made has been incredibly dumb and makes me like him more.

Remf

You should see some of the other ads they running about him. Pretty shitty with all of these scare tactics.

studyguy

Is there a thread on GAF about Ossof?

It's potentially a huge win for dems

PoliGAF has been following him for a while, the potential is there, but it's not a sure bet just yet. Fingers crossed. It bodes well for Dem chances in 2018 if he does better than expected, but it's still sketchy af atm.

PoliGAF has been following him for a while, the potential is there, but it's not a sure bet just yet. Fingers crossed. It bodes well for Dem chances in 2018 if he does better than expected, but it's still sketchy af atm.

I feel you, not getting optimistic about early election polls ever again

The state elections in Virginia and New Jersey this year are more important. Full control of government in both states heading into the next census is what I want to see.

Edit: I don't know what the situation in NJ is looking like, but Dems in Virginia are mobilized like they've never been before. Securing control of the state legislature is a realistic and achievable goal.

Live in the city. I've seen several GOP ads against Ossoff and it's clear they can't find any dirt on him. In fact their ads make him more appealing. Ossoff could/should take one of their ads and put his own approval on them.

I've been watching this race from afar as a former GA resident.

So far he seems like a dude I'd run into at DragonCon and have a drink with.

GOP has nothing on him.

what is wrong with AJ?

they make american news channels look like a joke

so much so that these other news channels need to get footage from AJ because they don't have journalist reporting in any of those countries

and all their content is free

Piano

Banned
I'm not even in Georgia and I pitched in $5 for his campaign.

Then he kept sending me canvassing emails so I pitched in 5 more.

Now that it's getting closer I'm considering another 5.

What's wrong with me, GAF?

Jackpot

Banned
what is wrong with AJ?

so much so that these other news channels need to get footage from AJ because they don't have journalist reporting in any of those countries

They exposed crimes during the Iraq war so the US bombed their offices (for real).

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
All these ads are making me cringe hard as hell. I can't believe that the parody ads I've seen in so many shows and movies are actually this close to reality.

The dude seems like a nice fellow, even from these ads. They're really wasting money on them.

what is wrong with AJ?

Same reason people didn't like their English channel, they were too closely affiliated with AQ in the early noughties in the minds of most people.

I'm not even in Georgia and I pitched in $5 for his campaign.

Then he kept sending me canvassing emails so I pitched in 5 more.

Now that it's getting closer I'm considering another 5.

What's wrong with me, GAF?

you're a mouth piece for terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom