• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graffiti Kingdom - IGN review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/636/636887p1.html

As a way to make some characters that are sick and twisted or beautifully detailed, the character creation system in Graffiti Kingdom is an amazing tool. But that just makes it all the more heartbreaking when the rest of the game is such a simple and at times frustrating experience. The score for the game is for the overall package, but for those who are willing to look past the single-player this is a game that will surely earn a spot as a cult title.

7.0 Presentation
The fluid and flexible character system is offset by the story that makes Saturday morning cartoons look deep.
4.0 Graphics
Blocky environments with some poor textures are populated with enemies that are pretty simple, but the magic here is in the design, not the look.
4.0 Sound
Voiceovers that could shatter glass as well as some basic sound effects don't do a whole lot for your stereo system.
4.5 Gameplay
Walking or rolling and then smacking the assortment of freaks gets old quick.
7.5 Lasting Appeal
As more and more of the creative options open up, the characters become vastly more interesting even as the gameplay remains stale.
6.8 OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I'll be buying this for sure after seeing what the tools in this game are capable of, I really don't care how good the game is. It looks much more impressive than Magic Pengel. I put tons of time into magic Pengel, I'll probably put way more in this.

Edit: I heard it was delayed and we won't get it till around the 10th of august now.

Bebpo

Banned
4.0 for sound with no mention of the music....;_;

The soundtrack (unless they changed it for the US) is done by Mitsuda and it's quite good IMO. Much better than his Tsukiyo ni Saraba, Kirite, stupid 30 sec anime series score. It borrows a bit too much from the Xenogears ost but besides that it's a nice little B+ quality ost.

But yea, after playing the demo of this I skipped the game and just went for the ost instead ^^;

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Geeze, if the music if that good, what on earth is IGN smoking?

BarneyBP

I really enjoyed Magical Pengel. How far has the character creation system come since then? I didn't get a good feel for it in the IGN review and I'm thinking about picking this one up.

Top Bottom