• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grandia Xtreme Question

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
So, I've now gotten farther than I've ever been before (started a new game the other night), and something odd is happening with Evann (main char) in battle, every once in a while.

I hear a weird chiming sound, and notice that the green gem in the middle of the IP Gauge is sparkling along with the chime, and these rainbow colored lines extend from Evann to various other party members around him.

What the hell does it mean? At first I thought it was an indicator for 2-char skill combos, but now I don't think so, because the connecting lines don't necessarily coordinate with whatever 2-char skills are currently available (according to SP levels).

So... what then?

Scott

This?
To boost up your chances of learning a combo equip the Foreboding skill, try
to equip every character partaking in the combination with this skill (maxed
out). That way when the combo is available for learning a flashing line will
appear between characters. When that happens select the [Move] command and
choose the correct single move required for the combination.

Mejilan

Another one. What the hell am I supposed to do with all of those silly sound bites I'm finding? I've got the first 3 rows of bites unlocked, and only have 5 more bites to get before completing the 4th and final row.

Mejilan

Additionally, while revisiting the 4 elemental dungeons (after they've been powered up the first time), I've found one Carob in each, so far. The carobs are from Grandia II, I know, but what purpose do they serve here?

Thanks.

Top Bottom