• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grumble Like An Auld Boot About Whatever Petty Nonsense Interrupted Your Day

Snoopycat

Banned
We all have some minor foolishness to gripe about so here is mine. I won an auction on Ebay for a Deluxe version of an album. I got it for much less than if I'd bought it new so I was happy. The cd arrived yesterday but when I open it it was just the normal version. I messaged the seller and said he'd sent me the wrong item, asked him to send me the one I'd bid on. He come back and told me that I was mistaken and that was version in the auction. Bullshit.

So I sent him a screenshot of the auction which was clearly labelled and showed a photo of the deluxe cd. He come back and told me he had to put that photo up because Ebay didn't have a photo of the cd he was selling. Bullshit. I sent him a bunch of screenshots of the 2 versions on Ebay and again asked him to send out the cd I paid for. He came back and said they were almost identical so he couldn't see what the problem was. Bullshit. 1 is a straight remaster. The other has live stuff and demos. No reply to that.

So now I'm starting to lose my patience with this guy and I message him saying I'd like a refund if he's not going to replace the cd. He comes back saying, well if it's that important to you I suppose you can send it back and I'll refund you when I have the time. Asshole.

Anyway, I checked the other stuff he was selling and surprise surprise there's a listing for the cd he sent me. I guess what happened is he thought he was going to get a lot more cash and wasn't happy with my bid, so he sent out the other cd hoping I wouldn't know the difference. The thing is he must have accidentally hit the refund button cos I got a message from Ebay about it this afternoon. Now I'm thinking fuck that guy, I'll be an asshole too and just keep the cd. Maybe it'll teach him a lesson about screwing people over.

On a more positive side. I bought an album and the seller has been great. He's thrown in a couple of 12" singles for free and has kept me updated with the shipping even though I didn't ask him to do any of these things.

Papa

Banned
Screw that guy if he has already re-listed it with the same mistake. Report him to eBay and give him a bad review.

My issue is it’s snowing and I can’t go out to get a coffee.

Geki-D

Banned
Guy grills a stop and busts out right in front of me into the lane turning right I'm in. When we get to the end turns out he actually wants to turn left and is now in the wrong lane. Cuntbag just cuts left anyway not giving a shit about everyone who was in the correct lane to the left.

Last edited:

Snoopycat

Banned
Guy grills a stop and busts out right in front of me into the lane turning right I'm in. When we get to the end turns out he actually wants to turn left and is now in the wrong lane. Cuntbag just cuts left anyway not giving a shit about everyone who was in the correct lane to the left.

I forget how many times I've seen people do that. Bus drivers are the worse for it. Everytime I'm behind one it's almost like some kind of mini guessing game of which lane they're going to choose

We all have some minor foolishness to gripe about so here is mine. I won an auction on Ebay for a Deluxe version of an album. I got it for much less than if I'd bought it new so I was happy. The cd arrived yesterday but when I open it it was just the normal version. I messaged the seller and said he'd sent me the wrong item, asked him to send me the one I'd bid on. He come back and told me that I was mistaken and that was version in the auction. Bullshit.

So I sent him a screenshot of the auction which was clearly labelled and showed a photo of the deluxe cd. He come back and told me he had to put that photo up because Ebay didn't have a photo of the cd he was selling. Bullshit. I sent him a bunch of screenshots of the 2 versions on Ebay and again asked him to send out the cd I paid for. He came back and said they were almost identical so he couldn't see what the problem was. Bullshit. 1 is a straight remaster. The other has live stuff and demos. No reply to that.

So now I'm starting to lose my patience with this guy and I message him saying I'd like a refund if he's not going to replace the cd. He comes back saying, well if it's that important to you I suppose you can send it back and I'll refund you when I have the time. Asshole.

Anyway, I checked the other stuff he was selling and surprise surprise there's a listing for the cd he sent me. I guess what happened is he thought he was going to get a lot more cash and wasn't happy with my bid, so he sent out the other cd hoping I wouldn't know the difference. The thing is he must have accidentally hit the refund button cos I got a message from Ebay about it this afternoon. Now I'm thinking fuck that guy, I'll be an asshole too and just keep the cd. Maybe it'll teach him a lesson about screwing people over.

On a more positive side. I bought an album and the seller has been great. He's thrown in a couple of 12" singles for free and has kept me updated with the shipping even though I didn't ask him to do any of these things.

After all that, you have me wondering. What album was it?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Getting ready for Grad School applications so I sent my up-to-date CV to my PI so he can ensure it is good. He sent it back to me saying it was an "unusable mess". This was the same CV (albeit with two new bullet points) that he had said, no less than 2 months ago, was "perfect".

Corderlain

Banned

Is this John Mulaney?

Catphish

I had a full bottle of windshield solvent in my trunk. About an hour ago, I learned that it apparently had rolled and bounced around too much, breaking the cap, and spilling half the bottle onto my trunk liner.

Had to empty the trunk out, and haul that bitch upstairs and give it a good spray down in the shower. It'll sit there now until tomorrow morning, maybe longer, until it dries.

The real poke of it is, I did this before a few years ago, and didn't learn my fking lesson. 😤

Last edited:
Top Bottom