• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

I sent an invite to join the crew a few days ago. I am playing with 2 other close friends and we constantly have to deal with pugs which at times makes doing Heist a chore.

Anyways would love to get an invite to the GAF crew and get some online in :)

I got you. I'll be down to heist in about 4 hours if you are still on.

----------------
Also, if everyone here could tell people to PM me if I haven't seen their requests on the thread as I don't verify anyone in the sense that I won't look who has requested to join and then search GAF for them. We have 15 requests now and it'll stay that way(if not more) in the future unless people tell me their RSCC names and that they've sent a request in. I want to play too many games to verify so many people.

-------------
Also, add me to Steam if you have this on their as it makes joining on friends very easy.(you can do it straight from the friends list)

Steam: Krappadizzle. Just lemme know you're from GAF.

The negative steam reviews are piling in. People are not happy that mods are now banned. Some are even claiming to be banned from online before they've even played it, just because they have mods installed.

I haven't played online yet and I'm dreading it. I can understand that online mods should be banned, but mods altogether? Not a good move, it's the only reason I double dipped on this damn game.

Don't let that discourage you. It's a ton of fun online, mods enabled(which is still possible, and not as easily detected as R* would have you think) or not. Jump online, join the crew and let your imagination do the rest. There is a ton of content on the GTA Online side of things and it's a lot of fun.

Respect. How much was your cut?
I took 0% since I already have a couple mil right now. Only doing heists to help others and it also allows them to split the cut three way instead of four. I believe the others got 40, 30, 30.

Damn I need a heist with that kind of bank. This sounds like a strategy I could use in the future when I get to it, thanks.
It's easy to pull off. Just have one person hold all the money and have the other three taking care of the cops so that the money holder doesn't get shot. Get on your bikes and drive to your garage. When you drive up to it, a pop up will tell you that you can't bring it in so you just hop off the bike and you automatically enter your garage. Can pull out any car that you have. The other 3 can be waiting outside for you to bring out your Kuruma. Then you guys all drive off together in the sunset.

Extra $100,000, and it's totally repeatable, unlike the first time payout. Humane Labs is arguably the easiest one to achieve, as the requirements are the least susceptible to random elements (other than just the drive there).

Edit: $50k for the Fleeca Job, $100k for the rest actually.
I've yet to complete a single Elite challenge. The time that they require is simply impossible to achieve. Would love to see a video of people pulling it off on all the heist.

If anyone's doing heist today, send me an invite. Won't be taking a cut so extra money for you guys.

SC: EroticSushi

I've yet to complete a single Elite challenge. The time that they require is simply impossible to achieve. Would love to see a video of people pulling it off on all the heist.

If anyone's doing heist today, send me an invite. Won't be taking a cut so extra money for you guys.

SC: EroticSushi

Like I said, Humane is probably the most doable. Two Super cars driving to the chopper along the fastest route, and people who know exactly how to navigate the interior as fast as possible not wearing heavy armor, it's far from unattainable.

Series A is probably the next easiest full heist to Elite, but it's hard to gauge how close you are to the 75 kill requirement, and you sort of have to be proactive about hunting down the assaulters at the beginning rather than waiting for them to "path" to you.

Prison Job and Pacific? Man, you have to have an ungodly amount of precision and speed to make it. I watched a Youtube of a Prison Elite run, and they did things faster than I've ever seen, and STILL only made it by 1 second. Like they literally landed the plane directly on the road leading into the Prison, within the time limit that the plane has to cross over the Vinewood hills....and still only made it within a second. That's insane.

I saw a random video of a GTA Online game mode where it was snipers on one team and jet(s) on the other. The snipers where on shipping containers floating out in the sky with a ceiling made of shipping containers above them to protect them from being shot by the planes. The point of the match is for the planes to skillfully fly between the floor and ceiling of the containers to try and ram and kill the snipers while the snipers are trying to..well..snipe you out of the plane. It's a great idea and could be fun if we could manage to get 8 or so people to play. If you'd like to give it a shot and think you'll have some free time tonight(around 19:30PM(PST), quote me and I'll make a list of players to send messages to and we can start up a game. It should be a lot of fun if we could get enough crew/friends involved.

edit: I should probably ask(and I'll search later if no one knows), does anyone know what the mode is called?

Embearded

Guys add me if you are looking for people to do heists. Most players don't use mic or keyboard and its frustrating doing heists with randoms.
RSC: StratosGK

It's easy to pull off. Just have one person hold all the money and have the other three taking care of the cops so that the money holder doesn't get shot. Get on your bikes and drive to your garage. When you drive up to it, a pop up will tell you that you can't bring it in so you just hop off the bike and you automatically enter your garage. Can pull out any car that you have. The other 3 can be waiting outside for you to bring out your Kuruma. Then you guys all drive off together in the sunset.

Everytime I try this no one else can hop into my car, despite having it set to open. So we have the guy with the money in a karuma, and the rest pile into a cop car.

Using the bikes is a recipe for disaster.

Hey everyone. I got this game a week ago and I am really loving the performance compared to when I used to play the PS3 version. This game alone justified my decision in buying a new PC. I'm currently doing Story Missions since I never finished them back when GTA Online made its debut years ago.

Anyway, I sent an invite to NeoGANG PC. Hope to have some fun with you all once I finish things to do in Story Mode!

I saw a random video of a GTA Online game mode where it was snipers on one team and jet(s) on the other. The snipers where on shipping containers floating out in the sky with a ceiling made of shipping containers above them to protect them from being shot by the planes. The point of the match is for the planes to skillfully fly between the floor and ceiling of the containers to try and ram and kill the snipers while the snipers are trying to..well..snipe you out of the plane. It's a great idea and could be fun if we could manage to get 8 or so people to play. If you'd like to give it a shot and think you'll have some free time tonight(around 19:30PM(PST), quote me and I'll make a list of players to send messages to and we can start up a game. It should be a lot of fun if we could get enough crew/friends involved.

edit: I should probably ask(and I'll search later if no one knows), does anyone know what the mode is called?

Snipers vs Flyers I believe. Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsPUf8LG0-M

I wonder how balanced it is with Mouse aiming though.

The Llama

I haven't played that with jets, but I've done it with cars. Fun map mode, though sometimes it feels like it drags on too long.

Vuze

So I just caught Amanda masturbating when I rushed into the bedroom to change clothes for the Kifflom mission at 1am. The details in this game man haha, I love it. Probably my first Steam game to clock 100h too.

Had a fun time messing with this poor guy named mudkip in multiplayer today, me and some other guy both had monster trucks while mudkip had an old beat up pink limo, we kept jumping over him and running him off the road, he was begging for help in the chat. Half the server was participating in Mudkip Rally 2015 by the end of it.

DF43820CD39BB12277765ACBE1FC24E9CE94AE55

Moaradin

Can anyone tell me how much story I have left? I just completed the
Merryweather heist. I have another heist unlocked immediately after this with the FIB.

Jelle

So, finally decided to just buy it at full price on Steam, but after finally finishing downloading I'm stuck at the very beginning. A control just won't respond.

When it says 'Press (up) to bring up the phone', it won't react to my d-pad up press. Also, it won't react to my keyboard up arrow keypress.

I'm using a brand new PS DualShock 4 with DS4Windows, it that makes any difference. D-pad works fine in the menu and in other games. The 'Hide DS4 Controller' doesn't make any difference.

Is this software related or am I being a dork? Tried shooting stuff, but it seems I really need to use my phone to advance.

/edit: jumped too soon. The hide setting needed a reboot of Windows before working. Off to adventures in Los Santos! :)

Why on earth can't you decline or abort side missions? If you get too close to a mission person you have to take it even if you start to walk away. I like the paparazzi and tow truck missions and doing taxi; the rest aren't my type. I failed so hard at this street race; I hate the car controls with M&KB, it's not meant for sharp turns. Breaking is whack with the default physics. Other thoughts:

-Michael is the most relatable and has good taste in music (don't get me wrong, Franklin's missions are fun too)
-Great performance on mostly VH settings with a stock 2500k, R9 280X, and 8 GB. No crashes in 5 hours of playing and only a few minor frame rate drops at random times. I haven't even made any tweaks like the batch launcher. Graphics are underwhelming though; it only looks good during cutscenes and at dusk/night. So. Many. Jaggies. Wish I could afford 2x MSAA but I'll do some special benchmarks later to see how far it can drop.
-I don't think triple buffering works with D3DO. I had it running before I launched the game but it tears when I disable Vsync inside. I got the 59Hz bug too but I haven't noticed any stuttering.

Can anyone tell me how much story I have left? I just completed the
Merryweather heist. I have another heist unlocked immediately after this with the FIB.

A long way to go yet.

Why on earth can't you decline or abort side missions? If you get too close to a mission person you have to take it even if you start to walk away.

On a related note, I'd like to slap whoever thought it was a good idea to make a large amount of missions start by walking into your safehouse when you just want to change your clothes. At the very least let us press a button to start the mission.

Forkball

Dang, I need to get going then. Hopefully I can beat this before W3.
The game is quite long. It took me over 40 hours to beat the story and most of the Strangers and Freaks missions. Post game content is pretty lacking though unless you're up for various collectathons.

The game is quite long. It took me over 40 hours to beat the story and most of the Strangers and Freaks missions. Post game content is pretty lacking though unless you're up for various collectathons.

It really seems like it. I got past the
Union
heist and lost my save. It took me a week of pretty consistent playing to get back. I'm really glad I got the game to run at 60 fps. I still have Very High Textures, but everything else is high, minus shadows and post FX at norm. Shadows can get ugly in some cutscenes, but it's been worth it.

Jackpot

Banned
mmm, the missions started out strong but got pretty weak. So much pointless busy work where nothing happens. And the first heist was great with the way it threw problems at you forcing you to improvise. Shoddy gunman? He wipes out on the getaway and loses his share. Great wheelman? He makes sure you have offroad tires and gives you directions through the sewers. But after that it's just you standing in the middle of somewhere as wave after wave of police come at you.

The world itself is so seamless though, with so many layers of detail. At no point is there a transition where it's clear this part of the gameplay was tacked on as an afterthought.

Music is terrible. So hard to find something with a tune instead of someone talking over a beat.

The second heist sure is a chore. I hope there's another as cool as that first one.

Is there any way to 'wait' until a specific time? 'Cause contacts I phone are never available.
When you bring up the character selection wheel, what do the numbers over the portraits indicate?

Available missions, I think. Both story and strangers & freaks.

Why on earth can't you decline or abort side missions? If you get too close to a mission person you have to take it even if you start to walk away. I like the paparazzi and tow truck missions and doing taxi; the rest aren't my type. I failed so hard at this street race; I hate the car controls with M&KB, it's not meant for sharp turns. Breaking is whack with the default physics. Other thoughts:

-Michael is the most relatable and has good taste in music (don't get me wrong, Franklin's missions are fun too)
-Great performance on mostly VH settings with a stock 2500k, R9 280X, and 8 GB. No crashes in 5 hours of playing and only a few minor frame rate drops at random times. I haven't even made any tweaks like the batch launcher. Graphics are underwhelming though; it only looks good during cutscenes and at dusk/night. So. Many. Jaggies. Wish I could afford 2x MSAA but I'll do some special benchmarks later to see how far it can drop.
-I don't think triple buffering works with D3DO. I had it running before I launched the game but it tears when I disable Vsync inside. I got the 59Hz bug too but I haven't noticed any stuttering.

Driving in almost any game is not designed for KB/M so not really surprising, you really need the analog control from the sticks (or wheels).

Forkball

The first heist really is one of the better ones. You see the pros and cons of your crew and approach play out, the set up makes it seem like the job requires a lot of planning, and it actually feels like a heist you'd see in a movie.

One problem with the heists is that you lose so much of the money due to story reasons until the last one.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What are the more intensive options I can dial back that aren't super noticeable?

I'm trying to get a locked 60fps with my 4790k and titan black. Getting drops on maxed out settings when I'm driving or at night.

Moaradin

I already have 40 hours played so I was hoping to be at least 75% done..

Though I did play some online.

Sarcasm

What are the more intensive options I can dial back that aren't super noticeable?

I'm trying to get a locked 60fps with my 4790k and titan black. Getting drops on maxed out settings when I'm driving or at night.

Grass, shadows and MSAA + TXAA

If I remember right d3do doesnt work with dx11 games.

BTW is there anyway to turn off the cinematic camera for big jumps? I looked around and couldnt find an option for it.

metalshade

Finally realised that I can just mute all music in the audio options, instead of having to manually turn off all the radios in every car and house I go into. Peace at last.

any streamers in here: what software do you use? i'm not after anything with high production value, just 30fps at 720p with moderate compression will be good enough, just to document some free mode shenanigans (either to record straight onto HDD or stream through Twitch, as long as Twitch can archive clips which I think it can right?)

Top Bottom