• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

That's not what you said. You said it was rough compared to h1z1 when Kings only just came out. You said not to buy it or at least you were sending that message because of this. Mean while you defended h1z1 when it was in poor condition.

Why are you always so abrasive? I own both games.I bought RoK because on paper Rust+Chivalry is a dream game. There is no bias here.

"Reign of kings is a completely unpolished compared to H1Z1 right now."

What part of what I said was wrong? I didn't compare the two's launches I said right now RoK is completely unpolished for me to the point where it's really hard to enjoy. H1Z1 aside from log in issues launched in a better state just with a lack of content. Not trying to "send a message".

Compsiox

Banned
Why are you always so abrasive? I own both games.I bought RoK because on paper Rust+Chivalry is a dream game. There is no bias here.

"Reign of kings is a completely unpolished compared to H1Z1 right now."

What part of what I said was wrong? I didn't compare the two's launches I said right now RoK is completely unpolished for me to the point where it's really hard to enjoy. H1Z1 aside from log in issues launched in a better state just with a lack of content. Not trying to "send a message".

I'm not heated or against you. I'm just bothered that you're putting Kings in a bad light when the devs haven't even gotten close to the chance we gave Sony. H1z1 was under that light. The only thing that it had going for it was the crafting and an unexplored map. When you hopped into the server you would only get loot if you were the first one in. This went on for two weeks +. The devs behind Kings have not been given a proper chance. Don't shut the door on them. Just like H1z1 everything can change in a very short time.

I'm not heated or against you. I'm just bothered that you're putting Kings in a bad light when the devs haven't even gotten close to the chance we gave Sony. H1z1 was under that light. The only thing that it had going for it was the crafting and an unexplored map. When you hopped into the server you would only get loot if you were the first one in. This went on for two weeks +. The devs behind Kings have not been given a proper chance. Don't shut the door on them. Just like H1z1 everything can change in a very short time.

The door is definitely not shut. They already got my money and the premise of good melee combat and royalty controlling servers is too good to pass up. I'll keep checking in on it after every update to see how it progresses.

kcxiv

Man, I used to be so excited for this game back when it was announced. The fact that SOE was doing it made me think we'd finally get a polished zombie MMO-style game. I've pretty much lost any enthusiasm I had.

why? the game is getting better and better. Yes, hackers suck, but you dont deal with them as like you used too, not at all. i dont know when i was killed by one last. its been a while. with that said, i do know they exist.

They been sneaking alot of shit into the game lately for near future updates. They have said they are going to add to the current map and are putting in some kind of event with a completely redone dam. New player models along with the female one. Zombie count and Ai are finally starting to come around and its noticeable now. Hordes are getting put in with more to come as they optimize.

BR is fun, but in all honesty i dont give a fuck what they do with it. charge or not, but my solution is makes it a win for everyone. Everyone plays for free, but only those with tickets and subs get rewards.

Compsiox

Banned
BR is fun, but in all honesty i dont give a fuck what they do with it. charge or not, but my solution is makes it a win for everyone. Everyone plays for free, but only those with tickets and subs get rewards.

Still think this is a bad idea

kcxiv

My idea isn't very complicated and it would make it fun for everyone

They want to make money giving free stuff to people is not what they want to do, if you want that stuff you can log into core game and get it, but it seems as if they are giving everyone free stuff but the keys are going to cost you to open the crate. I dont mind that idea either. Now to see if they will keep BR free or sub.

Clegg just confirmed via twitter that one if the first things on their roadmap is Steam Market support. Skins, keys, tickets, crates etc will all be able to be sold, bought and traded. This is a HUGE move in the right direction. Case opening is now pretty much like CS:GO with very rare items that hopefully will bring in a lot of money.

Compsiox

Banned
They want to make money giving free stuff to people is not what they want to do, if you want that stuff you can log into core game and get it, but it seems as if they are giving everyone free stuff but the keys are going to cost you to open the crate. I dont mind that idea either. Now to see if they will keep BR free or sub.

You still fail to acknowledge what my idea involved, there was no free stuff. Like god dammit. I can't take anything you say seriously. You only hear what you want to and never grasp what someone is trying to tell you.

Roadmap is up for April It's gonna be a great month.

April 2nd Update
Anti-cheat – Continuing our efforts to provide a better anti-cheat service and stop more cheaters
Bug fixing – Continuously fixing bugs, both existing and anything new that pops up
Zone export – We will be exporting the zone and it should catch a lot of erroneous terrain bugs including trees in the road, floating objects, and bad terrain that can easily flip vehicles
New Dam – There will be a new Dam that replaces the old placeholder Dam. It is much larger and better reflects what a finished art asset should look like in H1Z1, rather than the old Dam which was created with cement block pieces.
Male character model – A new character model will be added which will show a full body (chest and legs) as well as adds a lot of new wearable options to the game including face, gloves, and feet slots. Sidenote: Female character model is currently already being worked on
R380 Pistol – The R380 is a small pocket pistol available in the .380 caliber. This pistol boasts a high fire rate but minimal stopping power.
Pickup Truck interior – A better detailed interior for the pickup truck that is more high res
Workbenches - Workbenches can be found in the world or crafted and placed. If you are close enough to the workbench you will be able to use it to create specific recipes. You don’t actually interact with the workbench at this time, you just need to have it in your proximity. It can be used to convert ammo into other types of ammo, break down guns into gun repair kits, or to create some of the existing recipes that would be too difficult to do by hand.
Any type of ammunition can be broken down into “Gun Components”. Each bullet or shell will give you 1 Gun Component. You can then use 2 Gun Components to make any other type of ammunition.

Guns can be dismantled into “Gun Parts”. Larger guns will give more gun parts. You can then use three gun parts to create a “Gun Repair Kit”. This repair kit can be used on weapons to repair them. Currently this will repair any weapon, but in the future it will be restricted to guns only.

Metal crafting recipes will now require a workbench to create. This includes the recipes for Metal Sheets, Metal Pipes, Machete, Combat Knife, Bear Trap, Landmine, IED, and the above mentioned conversion recipes for ammo and guns.

Body sim performance improvements – The body sim was causing some server performance and has been improved to be less harsh on the server
Revised crude map – We are adding grid locations to the crude map to better help friends find each other

April 9th Update
Anti-cheat – Continuing our efforts to provide a better anti-cheat service and stop more cheaters
Bug fixing – Continuously fixing bugs, both existing and anything new that pops up
Anti-cheat suspension (Auto-Ban) – Implementing a better way for the system to auto ban cheaters, rather than having Customer Service do it by hand for specific cheats
Restraints – Adding the ability to put players in restraints (handcuffs, zipties etc)
Crafted armor 1st pass – Introducing the first pass of crafted armor
Grouping system – Implementing a group system so players can join a group which will be able to be seen in game
Death screen statistics – Adding stats to the death screen that give information about that session (example: time survived)
Traversing water more slowly – Players, wildlife, zombies and vehicles will now move slower wile traversing through water
Police car interior – A higher res version of the interior for the police car

April 16th Update
Test server – Bringing up a test server that launches from steam for players to see the latest patch before it comes out
Throwables – Implementing a system where you can now throw items such as gas grenades, smoke grenades, molotovs, flashbangs etc
Screen effects – Bringing screen effects online so we can implement things like night vision goggles, effects after drinking alcohol or taking swizzle and more
H1Z1 virus – Adding the H1Z1 virus to the body sim, once a player has the H1Z1 virus and if not maintained, they will slowly begin to turn into a zombie, gaining zombie senses as they go. These zombie senses include things like night vision and player tracking
Steam marketplace – We will be adding our game onto the steam marketplace so players can buy, sell and trade items in their account inventory with other players

April 23rd Update
First person Battle Royale – We will be adding first person Battle Royale servers, this version of BR will act like a “hardcore” version of the game. It will include zombies and have some different rewards associated with them.
Session diary – A running log that you can look at while you’re playing showing the progress of that session
Steam friends – Adding the functionality to be able to join the server that your friend is playing on through your steam friend list
Off Roader interior – A higher res version of the interior for the Off Roader

kcxiv

got 2nd in BR today, so close to first, it was a mad shootout and i dropped first :(

Anyways, new changes look nice. I cant wait. cant wait to see the new damn, i know it triggers some kind of event. That should be interesting

got 2nd in BR today, so close to first, it was a mad shootout and i dropped first :(

Anyways, new changes look nice. I cant wait. cant wait to see the new damn, i know it triggers some kind of event. That should be interesting

Electricity I'm guessing. should be really interesting to see the cities lit up at night.

Update tonight

The H1Z1 servers will be coming down at 3:00am Pacific for 2 hours.

Patch Notes
M9 pistol has been added to the game, it can be found around the world in the core game and is available in Battle Royale.
Fixed bug where branch could be used to chop down tree.
Zombie density has been increased and is more reactive to players.
Landmines and bear traps should now be much more responsive.
Can now harvest blackberries and sticks while holding guns.
Can now more easily enter a vehicle that is parked in a bush.

kcxiv

I played before they brought the servers down again. And they upped the zombie count by soooo much. There are everywhere and will be a problem in the cities when trying g to PvP others lol

Welcome to zombie the survival game.
I have to warn you guys. When the servers come back up, the zombies are going to rip you a new one. There are so. many. more. zombies.

The wildlife cap data adjustment didn't get into this patch. It'll be in the next one. The amount of wolves / bear / deer / rabbits is currently more than intended. The number of zombies is intended, but we're discussing how to keep their density much lower in the spawn areas.

kcxiv

A million sprinting zombies vs bowman. Bows are now worthless.

they arent worthless, but you just need alot more of them, i was in cranberry cleaning out offices with the bow. They might need to up the bullets though or at least go back to making sticks give out 2 arrows at a time.

TheYanger

Eh, I agree and disagree. I think it makes sense to have the urban areas be rewarding (as they have been for a while), but zombie infested, while the wilderness basically limits you to what you can make with sticks and stuff but there shouldn't be zombies and bears every 5 feet in the forest. I imagine it makes being a fresh spawn pretty fucking frustrating as it is now, I can drive 5 feet from my base and encounter half a dozen zombies it feels like, in the middle of the woods.

I basically think there need to be areas where fresh spawns or players in need of a moment of respite can reasonably get it, and then places like PV should be so infested that you actually feel zombies are a threat rather than only players, and it should take a solid team movement to take over something like the PVPD or fire station, with reward befitting the effort.

JustinBB7

They said the wildlife spawns too much right now and they will fix it. I got chased by 2 wolfs at the same time when I spawned. So annoying.

The upped amount of zombies is super fun though. Walking from house to house in loot rich places is a lot harder now, first thing you do is rush in and close all doors so they can't get in. Makes it a lot more fun.

I saw a fresh spawn guy being chased by a bear and 2 zombies which made me laugh. I think he asked for help in German, but I was like good luck with that buddy.

C0799E4F708480B0DDD09BFF4FC8EA8262EE716E

pants

Latest patch has completely killed my enjoyment of this game. I didn't sign up for a PvE zombie horde fest.

TheYanger

They patched in hordes? That's what I was waiting for.

Hordes were there before this, in the previous patch, but right now it's insane. If you were waiting for it hope you are ready to punch out 20 zombies in the hopes of finding a weapon before you die from bleeding.

pants

I don't really give a shit that it's this way on PvE servers, PvE was boring as watching paint dry so good. It's ruining PvP servers for me though, this should definitely be a per server setting and it needs to be announced/visible slider in the server browser so I know what I'm getting into.

Overdoziz

Banned
I don't really give a shit that it's this way on PvE servers, PvE was boring as watching paint dry so good. It's ruining PvP servers for me though, this should definitely be a per server setting and it needs to be announced/visible slider in the server browser so I know what I'm getting into.
It's a zombie game, mate.

demolitio

Thank God zombies are finally a threat. Hopefully this makes people think twice before attacking someone else and making noise. Risk/reward.

kcxiv

also the new damn and the event you trigger i think is going in with the new model character

and for the dude sadfacing about the zombies, they will get tuned and fixed, right now they are just at an 11, then they will adjust> Dev's have confirmed that. Just like there are tons of UN helmets, them will soon turn to rare spawn just like the recurved bow.

Big damn patch Notes.

Servers will be coming down tonight at 3AM Pacific for 4 hours. Patch file size will be larger than normal due to the changes made to the map. This patch will also include a server and player wipe.

Patch Notes:
-New Male character model is available
-The Dam area has been given a major overhaul.
-Battle Royale starting area has been updated.
-Current Grid position is now shown on-screen(like BR). Hand drawn map has basic grid markers.
-Added a new equip slot for the face
-Fixed Bug - player will now exit a vehicle towards the same side on which they are seated.
-Fixed bug where player could sometimes get injured when moving off a rock.
-Fixed a lot of erroneous terrain bugs that have caused objects to float including cars, campsites and other smaller objects
-Added a small improvement to placing free placed items, preventing them from being able to clip through walls.
-Server optimizations made to the body sim
-Zombies will now wear the lootable hats and helmets they have in their inventory. They will carry weapons. Note: They do not the wear lootable shirts or pants yet.
-Pickup Truck first person interior has been enhanced.
-R380 pistol added to game, it is a high fire rate, low caliber pocket pistol. The R380 can be found in BR and around the world in the core game.
-12GA Shotgun damage increased.
-Zombie Spawn Changes
-Made zombie total population based on player population, to keep low-pop servers from getting completely overrun. This does not include the current wandering hordes (which are accounted for outside this number). On a server full of players, the total number of zombies is unchanged.
-Biased zombie spawns toward areas with more player heat, and more items, so that cities, camps and player firefights have the highest rate of zombie spawns, and the wilderness areas have less.
-Made the spawned zombies that occur in player spawn areas biased more toward low-speed shamblers, so that new players (with no weapons) can more easily run away.

Workbenches, Ammo Conversion, Gun Dismantling, and You
Workbenches can be found in the world or crafted and placed. If you are close enough to the workbench you will be able to use it to create specific recipes. You don’t actually interact with the workbench at this time, you just need to have it in your proximity. It can be used to convert ammo into other types of ammo, break down guns into gun repair kits, or to create some of the existing recipes that would be too difficult to do by hand.

Any type of ammunition can be broken down into “Gun Components”. Each bullet or shell will give you 1 Bullet Component. You can then use 2 Bullet Components to make any other type of ammunition.

Guns can be dismantled into “Gun Parts”. Larger guns will give more gun parts. You can then use three gun parts to create a “Gun Repair Kit”. This repair kit can be used on weapons to repair them. Currently this will repair any weapon, but in the future it will be restricted to guns only.
Metal crafting recipes will now require a workbench to create. This includes the recipes for Metal Sheets, Metal Pipes, Machete, Combat Knife, Bear Trap, Landmine, IED, and the above mentioned conversion recipes for ammo and guns.

Tobor

I had an opportunity to play last night and...wow...the zombie levels make a huge difference. It was legit scary looting houses in Rancho Taquito, but I was finding loot!

I haven't played in a while, so it's good to see this game coming along so well.

/reads patch notes

Even better!

Top Bottom