• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hair loss :(

They have spray on hair

f10a179419dae1d86694a5c9a623db8d

Tams

Please don't try to do any weird solutions and just let it happen. I'm getting to the point of no return on my hair, which is fine. I have enough hair on my face to have some sort of twisted personal compensation. But I'll definitely be shaving my head at some point very shortly.
That's pretty condescending.

If someone wants to try and keep their hair, then all the power to them. If they forgoe their hair, then all the power to them. Don't tell what they should or shouldn't do over it.

These aren't 'weird' solutions being suggested here. Understudied? Yes, but they have been proven to work and how they work is really quite simple and well understood. The only mystery is how effective they are why some people really benefit from them and others don't.

CosmicComet

You could shave your head and get a "hair tattoo" along your hair line that makes it look like you have a permanent buzz. Just got to keep the rest of your head consistently shaved to keep the illusion. But it's a really good illusion honestly with the right firm doing it, and much cheaper than surgically getting donor hairs implanted or whatever they do.

Edit: the procedure is called micropigmentation.

Last edited:

Ristifer

That's pretty condescending.

If someone wants to try and keep their hair, then all the power to them. If they forgoe their hair, then all the power to them. Don't tell what they should or shouldn't do over it.

These aren't 'weird' solutions being suggested here. Understudied? Yes, but they have been proven to work and how they work is really quite simple and well understood. The only mystery is how effective they are why some people really benefit from them and others don't.
Not sure how it’s condescending. The thread is asking about advice. So I gave it. When I say “weird” I’m talking about those kinds of solutions that are so painfully obvious that it makes people look silly. Power to you if you wanna do that, but people will just laugh at it behind your back. That’s how people are. Why even bother? Just own the hair loss.

I can’t tell anyone what to do. But if they’re asking what the best approach is, I’m going to tell them what I think. It’s not that hard to figure that one out.

NinjaBoiX

Bro, just shave it off man.

I’m a fellow baldy, and it took me a long time to make peace with it.

But peace you must make…

Top Bottom