• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Life 25th Anniversary Update: Game gets new mini-campaign, 100% off until November 20, Now Steam Deck Verified (Documentary Released)

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Says a cunt who posts a Friends reaction image…
RjPC9yW.jpg

Laptop1991

Getting this, i played the original on release last century, great game and the 2nd one, shame there hasn't been a 3rd yet.

FireFly

Nah, Black Mesa's version of Xen was a net negative for the game. The first hour or so up to the Gonarch boss fight was an improvement over the original and some of the best content in the game. But Interloper afterwards is some of the SHITTEST content I have ever played in my gaming life and pretty much ruined the game.

It must be an achievement for the dev to take a decade trying to improve a flawed original experience, only to end up ruining it even more with their meddling. It's gaming's equivalent of:

Li40N5A.png
Personally I also hated the original Interloper. I don't think the original Xen levels are some flawed work of art, but rather a loose collection of ideas that were never properly developed, like a discarded sketchbook.

I wonder if the Black Mesa devs would consider doing their own version of this mini campaign. Would be a very cool consideration.

I'll play it regardless, just kinda thinking out loud.
No, they moved on to their own project. There was an Uplink mod for Black Mesa, but it's no longer being developed.

You can try Further Data, which is loosely based on Uplink.

Top Bottom