• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Live Stream Recap | Jan 2024

cormack12

Gold Member

Upcoming changes and features​

Customization​

• Mark IV Armor Core coming on January 30th, available for free to all players.
    • Armor Cores are free in Halo Infinite, and have been for a long time.
  • Mark IV base helmet is cross-core
  • Cross-core shoulders coming on January 30th
  • Halo TV Show helmets will be available to earn for free via the Ultimate Challenges/Capstone.

Seasonal​

• Seasons are coming to an end in Halo Infinite as they shift to a different approach. There will not be a Season 6.
  • This doesn't mean content is finished for Halo Infinite. January 30th update is simply known as "CU29", as in Content Update 29.
  • Operations and Operation Passes are the way forward for Halo Infinite. There will no longer be a Seasonal Battle Pass like you would see in Season 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Operations​

• Operations continue to run for around 4-6 weeks.
  • There were three new Operations revealed:
    • Spirit of Fire - starts on January 30th
    • Cyber Showdown III - starts after Spirit of Fire ends
    • The Yappening II - starts after Cyber Showdown III ends
  • New Arena map coming on January 30th called "Illusion".
    • Middle area of the map will make you invisible, similar to the low-grav spaces from Anchor 9 or Condemned. Area is clearly marked.

Forge​

• Covenant items being added to Forge coming on January 30th
    • A heck ton of items - floors, walls, FX, etc.
    • Like most Forge items - you can recolour them. If you want an Orange Covenant update, go crazy.
  • You can now customize the colours and textures of certain biome objects.
    • Very vibrant colours were shown on trees, trunks, grass, etc.
  • You can now edit the colours and textures on certain decal objects.
  • Forge Creator Mode functionality coming on January 30th
    • Script Brains logic were previously tied to maps. The Forge Creator Mode functionality will allow you to save the Script Brains to game modes, meaning you no longer need to modify each individual map and place Script Brains on them.
  • "Alien Object" palette coming in a future update
    • Not on January 30th, stay tuned for more information.
  • Flood object palette coming in a future update.
    • Not on January 30th, stay tuned for more information.
    • It's so gross, it's so good.

Miscellaneous​

• 343 are working on a way to unlock old cosmetics that were previously tied behind Events, Promotions, Ultimate Challenges, etc. They specifically make comparison to The Exchange system seen in Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
    • No time frame on this yet.
  • Easy AntiCheat is coming to Halo Infinite later this year.

The Future of Halo​

• Brian Jarrard (ske7ch) says that multiple teams are at work on "future projects" in relation to Halo, and points to the Microsoft Careers page if you're interested in applying!

cReddit

Bry0

To me this honestly sounds like they are scaling back on resources they are putting into the game by cutting seasons. And sticking with just operations.

Last edited:

Bry0

They’re just switching to what they do in MCC.
Aren’t operations generally a lot shorter though? I was under the assumption they would have less items that artists need to be churning out for both seasons and operation passes by cutting seasons. Either way yeah you are right, I liked how MCC did it more anyway. The exchange was cool.

Last edited:

TheShocker

The game is finally in a state it should have launched in. Tons of modes, maps, customizations. Gameplay loops are great.

But sadly, it’s 3 years into the game that has been mostly a living hell.

Typical 343i. Get it to where it should be so they can move on and butcher another iteration.

1 map for this ‘season’ is ridiculous too. They’re obviously leaning in the forge community for maps, so hopefully some of those are good.

Last edited:

Bry0

Operations are changing every 4-6 weeks. That’s more often than seasons.
They are probably taking the battle pass items from the cut seasons and sticking them into the operations instead of having to use artist time for making assets for both. It also means less pressure on releasing big seasonal updates.

I mean it’s fine, it’s not a huge deal, but ask yourself WHY they make this change? To me it seems kinda obvious from a production standpoint, but I don’t work there so I’m just guessing based on my own experience.

I doubt they would make such a change if the season passes were selling gangbusters. But for those still playing the game is good.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
They are probably taking the battle pass items from the cut seasons and sticking them into the operations instead of having to use artist time for making assets for both. It also means less pressure on releasing big seasonal updates.

I mean it’s fine, it’s not a huge deal, but ask yourself WHY they make this change? To me it seems kinda obvious from a production standpoint, but I don’t work there so I’m just guessing based on my own experience.
Again, it’s how they’ve done it in MCC.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Good to see i quitted the game and stopped wasting money with it. In 5 Years every bundle will be made for free

Sybrix

The game is finally in a state it should have launched in. Tons of modes, maps, customizations. Gameplay loops are great.

But sadly, it’s 3 years into the game that has been mostly a living hell.

Typical 343i. Get it to where it should be so they can move on and butcher another iteration.

1 map for this ‘season’ is ridiculous too. They’re obviously leaning in the forge community for maps, so hopefully some of those are good.

It’s a shame is too little too late.

The game will be dead in 2-3 years, this slow down is a clear sign that in 12 months the updates for Infinite will stop.

I just hope the lessons are learnt in the next Halo game.

Phase

I just hope the lessons are learnt in the next Halo game.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

Unless it's made by another studio don't count on it.

Top Bottom