• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Official Soundtrack – Through the Trees

Well, they didnt screw up the music. Liked everything ive heard so far.

but i agree with you, it feels standard. Marty is Marty. Its like replacing John Williams, its just not the same.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
stuff like this makes me nervous

i expect much better but maybe that's a perpetual longing for marty's composition

MiguelItUp

All in all I don't think it's bad, but I think the 1:00-1:20 mark sounds kind of odd, haha. Almost like something you'd hear in the chorus of an 80's/90's pop song. If you told me that was a sample from a Duran Duran or Depeche Mode song, I'd probably believe you.

Tesseract

Banned
they should have money hatted jeremy soule

dat mudda fucka knows how to make video game tunes (speaking of, what the hell is he up to?)

Kuranghi

Its alright, it sounds like a ripoff of something else I've heard but I can't put my finger on it, specifically the bit around 1:15.

The main takeaway is thats its not got much on what Marty did 20 years ago :(

Kuranghi

All in all I don't think it's bad, but I think the 1:00-1:20 mark sounds kind of odd, haha. Almost like something you'd hear in the chorus of an 80's/90's pop song. If you told me that was a sample from a Duran Duran or Depeche Mode song, I'd probably believe you.

This is exactly what I am trying to get at in my post, its like something I would play on a TV in Curry's for customers lol.

Kuranghi

That was the name of the hit song in the movie Jennifer's Body. Doesn't bode well.

From the final paragraph from the article introduction:

"The film had a lackluster performance at the North American box office, making GBP 2,140,808.23 ( GBP 2,125,398.96 ( $2.8 million) [USD]) its opening day and GBP 5,199,105.71 ( GBP 5,161,683.18 ( $6.8 million)) its opening weekend, and received mixed reviews from critics. Negative reviews criticized the narrative and, specifically, the horror/comic premise for "fail[ing] to be either funny or scary enough to satisfy," while positive reviews praised the film for its dialogue, emotional resonance, and the performances of Megan Fox and the supporting cast. Since 2018, in the wake of the Me Too movement, the film has been appreciated as a feminist horror film and as a cult film."

A film that failed to do either of the things it set out to do is now lauded as a cult film by feminists because the main character is an "empowered" woman who murders men who want to fuck her haha, what a mentally fucked up movement 3rd wave feminism is.

Imagine an MRA said that "I Spit On Your Grave" was a fantastic film that really empowered men: "That woman really got what she deserved!" or some madness. I'm sure that would go down well lol.

VAVA Mk2

I like it. Has a Halo classic feel but reminds me of like Metroid Prime overworld music a bit. The idea of Halo mixed with Metroid and the music are at least some things to feel excited about.

II_JumPeR_I

what're yer thoughts on this?

not great not terrible, gots a mario sunshine hub world quality to it

kinda feels like standard operating procedure ...

The tracks so far all sound very meh to me. Trying way too hard to be like Marty... just contact him already smh

VAVA Mk2

The tracks so far all sound very meh to me. Trying way too hard to be like Marty... just contact him already smh
What sucks is he teased a bit a few months back he and Staten were both working on something with Frankie and I think Jen Taylor was in the photo with them.

Top Bottom