• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth | Review Thread

Metnut

Oh man. This looks great. Just started Gaiden a few weeks ago and am really liking that. Think I’ll end up playing this over the summer. I tend to try not to play Yakuza games back to back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Gonna preload when I off work.

Folks, definitely play Gaiden before hoping on 8. After the Gaiden I have faith that Yokoyama can handle Kiryu in 8 well.

Go_Ly_Dow

And ordered. I was torn between either this or P3R to play before FF7 Rebirth but I've opted for this and I'll play P3R after March. I've completed both P3F and P3P anyway and this releases a week earlier and is probably shorter so I won't have to rush it.

Also for for UK peeps who prefer superior physical games then you can buy it here much cheaper than the inferior digital version. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Aenima

Reviewing better than i expected. Good to see Yakuza games getting the recognition they deserve.

Waiting for my Physical PS5 version to arrive this week.

The Shepard

I was always saving this for after rebirth as I'm replaying remake ATM and I completed the man who erased his name over the Xmas holidays. This just makes the wait even harder. The start of this year is mental with so many games releasing literally on top of each other.

phant0m

Fuck now I gotta buy this too

I ‘member when I had to import Ishin and play in Japanese with a translation guide because Sega gave up on Yakuza in the west.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Genuinely curious about the people holding off on getting this until after they finish Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy comes out like 35 whole days after this game does. Do you all seriously not have enough time to play this before the next big game releases? Not judging, genuinely curious.

Go_Ly_Dow

Genuinely curious about the people holding off on getting this until after they finish Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy comes out like 35 whole days after this game does. Do you all seriously not have enough time to play this before the next big game releases? Not judging, genuinely curious.
35 days is enough time yes, but you essentially have Tekken 8, Granblue, Infinite Wealth and Persona 3 all releasing within a week of each other. So I only had time to give one of these games my full attention before FF7. So I just left my decision until the last minute and have now opted for more Ichiban lol.

The rest I'll play from April onwards - probs P3 first.

Last edited:

Gotta play other games. In the middle of Phantom Liberty, never played Crisis Core so starting that next week and really hype for Banished Ghost of New Eden dropping 2.5 weeks before Rebirth. But showing support for RGG so I get this day 1 and let it simmer on the ssd.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You sir, just sold me a digital xbox version.
Bonus: the Play Anywhere games sync progress automatically through the cloud, so there's no fumbling to find the right save file.

Bonus 2: If you use something like cheat engine or a trainer on the PC version to do something like give yourself Infinite Wealth, then Microsoft is more than happy to sync your modified save file to your Xbox.

Last edited:
This game reminded me that I never finished Like a Dragon despite really enjoying it. I am pretty sure I traded my PS4 copy away. I just ordered a fresh PS5 copy.

sachos

2024 is starting off with a bang! Tekken 8, Yakuza and in a short time period FF7RR, Persona 3 Remake, Rise of the Ronin, Dragon's Dogma 2 and maybe even Alone in the Dark.

NanaMiku

RPG Site gave it a 10.

Already preordered it, but can't play it. Gonna go to Japan tonight...
Sad Rabbit GIF by Muffin & Nuts

Last edited:

Hugare

Wont buy it on release 'cause I still gotta finish Like a Dragon, but I'm always so happy when Yakuza games are well received

You can feel like the devs pour their hearts and souls into these games. There's a new one every year basicaly, but they all have so much content.

They are a rare breed

El Muerto

I'm waiting for the mod that replaces Yong Yea with Takuya Kuroda in the english dub. I really enjoyed the dub for Like A Dragon and really dont want to play the dub. There's already a mod for LAD Gaiden that does this and the creator of the mod said he will be making one for Infinite Wealth. There's also a mod that replaces Yong Yea with Darryl Kurylo with the help of AI.

KrisB

Wow, reviews look great! Can't say I'm surprised though, I feel like RGG just keep getting better and better.

Lets go!

nikos

I would absolutely love to play this, but I'm still on Kiwami 2. I did start Like A Dragon (was too hyped) when it released but never finished it.

The non remade/remastered games may be rough. I'm tempted to watch a summary or something and skip ahead.

Last edited:

The Shepard

Pp

I only really get to play games at the weekend as I work long hours in the week, plus I have a one year old. Add me and the Mrs birthdays in February plus valentines day which we'll celebrate on the weekends and I'd just end up trying to rush through the game to get it complete in time for FF7 Rebirth.

Top Bottom