• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC multiplayer

93xfan

Banned
Playing all these classics at 60 FPS, on dedicated servers is ridiculously fun.

there’s such a ridiculous amount of ways to have a great time, from Capture the Flag to Infection to Juggernaut to Richochet/Grifball.

Add in the fun of custom games with friends and a custom game browse common so we can find others for Jenga and Tower of Power and this is a game I’ll likely keep returning to for another decade at least.

So glad this game was fixed and is supported so much right now. The population is great on Xbox for anyone wondering.

Anyone else here enjoying this collection as much as I am?

Also, it’s the 10th anniversary of Reach today

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Playing all these classics at 60 FPS, on dedicated servers is ridiculously fun.

there’s such a ridiculous amount of ways to have a great time, from Capture the Flag to Infection to Juggernaut to Richochet/Grifball.

Add in the fun of custom games with friends and a custom game browse common so we can find others for Jenga and Tower of Power and this is a game I’ll likely keep returning to for another decade at least.

So glad this game was fixed and is supported so much right now. The population is great on Xbox for anyone wondering.

Anyone else here enjoying this collection as much as I am?

Also, it’s the 10th anniversary of Reach today

It's the perfect multiplayer collection for anyone that want something balanced, popular, fun to play and has tons of content. MCC is the smash bros of Xbox.

93xfan

Banned
It's the perfect multiplayer collection for anyone that want something balanced, popular, fun to play and has tons of content. MCC is the smash bros of Xbox.

Perfect way to phrase it. I also feel with forge and custom games, it’s kind of like the LittleBigPlanet of shooters. Especially Reach.

Last edited:
My most played game on Xbox One and am now playing it a bunch on PC. People still talk trash to each other on it all the time and I love it :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Playing it on PC has been fun. Always played it on console so having a mouse and keyboard makes it feel new.

J-Roderton

Really just started giving it a shot last week. I’m finally working through the Combat Evolved remaster story for the first time.

Im loving H2 anniversary multiplayer.

TheShocker

It’s amazing! I still play it regularly. I’ve heard they’re even looking at fixing the god awful BR spread in Halo 3.

93xfan

Banned
It’s amazing! I still play it regularly. I’ve heard they’re even looking at fixing the god awful BR spread in Halo 3.

I heard they’re fixing the hit detection and making it more like LAN play (so maybe you don’t have to lead as much for online play). Is that possibly what you meant?

Graciaus

I wish it was more popular on PC. They finally give you all the customizable options for what you want to play and you can't even use them. There is nothing better then a good back and forth game of CTF in any Halo.

93xfan

Banned
If this isn't advertising I don't know what is.

Thank you for being vulnerable.

This is fans celebrating how Halo MP is such a fun experience. Even during gaming droughts, the next big update for this game cheers me up.

used to get so excited for new maps packs (Halo 2-Reach). Almost as excited as I do for some new games.

if you want to make an OT, I’ll be happy help explain advertising to you.

BigLee74

Performance of both Halo and Halo 2 anniversary graphics editions dived when they introduced Reach to the collection.

Both borderline unplayable now in outdoor locations unless you switch to original graphics.

Hooefully the Series X will get it back up to a flawless 60.

-Arcadia-

Banned
They’re really fun.

My big surprise though, as I’m not a 343 fan, was how much I love playing Halo 5 multiplayer. After the fixes to MCC, Xbox One has been a really cool place for ongoing Halo multiplayer shenanigans, and reliving the old campaigns.

Granted, I would have liked if they delivered a Bungie quality campaign of their own, but... this is a pretty awesome stand-in.

SCB3

Yep, my days of Competitive Halo are long, long gone, so jumping in for just fun these days one night a week is fantastic, still awful though on KB&M

TheShocker

I heard they’re fixing the hit detection and making it more like LAN play (so maybe you don’t have to lead as much for online play). Is that possibly what you meant?
It very well could be. I searched for the post regarding it and couldn’t find it.

INC

Gold Member
Wish I could like it, but I hate its damage model and style of ganeplay

Fun to watch a great player tho

93xfan

Banned
Yep, my days of Competitive Halo are long, long gone, so jumping in for just fun these days one night a week is fantastic, still awful though on KB&M

Get a controller so you can do crossplay with other controller players when crossplay comes out. ;)

Btw, love that they allow Elephants to be forged into most BTB maps. Such a cool thing

diffusionx

Gold Member
I like playing MCC, the way you hop between games is great now that it works.

But the game stopped tracking stats over a month ago, it's super annoying.

Naked Lunch

Post fix, Halo MCC is one of, if not THE, best multiplayer gaming package ever released.
Most multiplayer FPS's get stale after a year or two (some even in months/weeks) - Halo's MP will never get old to me. Every iteration holds up. I find that timeless, ageless-ness of Halo mp pretty remarkable. The game will keep me busy from now until they turn the servers off.

On XB1 the community is some cold blooded killers. You have to bring your A-game or you will get bodied. The Halo 3 players are insanely good. Its like all the starved hardcore Halo fans of the world are focused on that one version.

Even if Infinite multiplayer turns out to be crap - we will always have the MCC.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Definitely enjoyed the multiplayer for awhile, but I was never really a gigantic Halo fan. Had a lot more fun with it than I thought I would though!

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Classic Halo multiplayer is fantastic. The MCC versions are still not perfectly 1:1 with the originals due to issues with the ports but they are good now, much better than launch.

I have no doubt that a classic Halo with modern dressing-netcode, monetization, update frequency, etc would be absolutely huge.

So I been playing Halo 5 lately and the multi is solid, went through the campaign before with a friend and it was decent, but it was not special. Looking at the Infinite footage they showed. I think its going to be Halo. But Maybe we dont need them just preserving Halo, but taking it to a new level.

I remember watching Interstellar, remember the planet with the big wave. I love stuff like that, s Halo needs to be infused with a sense of wonder. I think they need to play with the world a little more. I want to see crazy stuff, graphical effects.

What if the enemys were vampires.

Last edited:
Top Bottom