• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Birthday to Me GAF

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I can't suck my own cock believe me if I could, I wouldn't be here now writing this. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. But somehow I'm about to hit 50 (and no doubt EviLore EviLore is going to give me a ban)

My life has been a disaster - my dad had a heart attack one morning in 1997 and he died I was 23 years old. I was there there was no saving him, I watched him slowly turn blue.

My sister got married a few years later her husband too went for a bath one night after coming home from work and also died of a heart attack (we didn't know at the time that he had been subject to a coronary disease anyway)

My sister then went off the rails and turned into an alcoholic that we had to deal with she then suffered brain damage from a fall that she has never managed to recover from.

And then there's me. Never had any luck with relationships, have trust issues and paranoia. So now I sit here and type this and expect laughing emojis or TLDR insults.

But somehow I've got to 50.

And I've never felt so alone in my life.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Obligatory:
PBF-Todays-My-Birthday.png

Stay strong, brother.

Are you going to do something fun for your birthday? Maybe just play some games, drink a beer or two.

Last edited:
Happy birthday, and thank you for being strong.

I don't think I will live past 40, considering how many mental scars there are on me at 26, but I hope to be as strong as you. And be carrying my scars at 50. Thanks for inspiring me.

Don't want to miss out on Devil May Cry 11 👌

Again, happy birthday.

Reactions: Gp1

Nitty_Grimes

Birthday colonoscopy is one hell of a present to give yourself, friend.
Do you know right, its not just the camera. It's the foul disgusting concoction you have to take to empty you beforehand - it empties you SO bad that if you think you are going to fart it will normally mean you are, yet again, going to quite literally shit yourself where you stand.

And the camera goes in your throat - not up your arse so you have to be sedated.

Last edited:

Gp1

And then there's me. Never had any luck with relationships, have trust issues and paranoia. So now I sit here and type this and expect laughing emojis or TLDR insults.

But somehow I've got to 50.

And I've never felt so alone in my life.

Bud, go get yourself some exercises, do something that you like and focus on that.

That said, I'm almost in my 40's so
tenor.gif

Happy birthday :D

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Mazal Tov. Truth is, life is just living. Most people lead very basic lives and have ups and downs.

"You have to take care of each other. You have to be strong. Dawn, the hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." - Buffy

Pejo

Not what I expected from a "it's my birthday" post, but as you said, you made it to 50, so congratulations and sincerely - happy birthday! I don't want to give empty platitudes but I hope that through GAF you at least find some enjoyable moments to laugh about or ponder, and you keep on chugging through to the 60th, 70th, and beyond.

sono

Gold Member
Happy Birthday!

Life can be hard at time but in the scale of things always precious. You are doing good. From your description what happened to your family would have happened whether you were there or related or not. Look after yourself first that gives you capacity to look after others. Best wishes for your hospital appointment.

reinking

Gold Member
Happy Birthday. Sometimes life sucks balls. I had a good run when I was younger but then lost my mom, grandmother, sister and dad in a span of five years. My philosophy has been, as long as I wake up each morning, it is better than the alternative. Go out, stay in, whatever you do, don't let this life shit get you down. Take the victories it gives you and enjoy those moments.

cbs elton john tribute GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

clarky

Gold Member
I legit have a hospital appointment tomorrow - my actual birthday.
Hey it's my birthday tomorrow as well.

My life's mint, ying/yang and all that. :messenger_sunglasses:.

Edit: Just teasing mate btw, we are a similar age and a lot of the stuff you posted i can say about my own life, as im sure can a lot of other people. Focus on what you have rather than what you don't, no matter how small.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Happy birthday brother, hang in there!

What have you been playing/are you looking forward to play? Just try enjoy the things you do have control over :)

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Happy Birthday! Keep on keeping on. You're also not alone, so reach out whenever you feel you need to. :)

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Happy Birthday, Nitty.

I have had some similar experiences and know how miserable it can feel.

If you're unhappy with your current circumstances, and it sounds like you are, the only thing for it is to make some changes. Happy 50th Birthday, hoping you have a great 51st.

Nitty_Grimes

Happy birthday man!

Have you tried seeking help? Psychiatric help? I needed it before and it helped me, like, A LOT. There's no shame in doing it. Loneliness is tough and it kills. And sometimes we do it to ourselves.
Yes I have seriously had it - my work paid for it. I think I'm just fucked up.

DKehoe

Happy birthday. Hope you’ve had a great day.

Sorry to hear you’ve had such a rough time of it over the years. But, for whatever it’s worth, I’m glad you’re part of the community here.

Mooreberg

Happy 50th Birthday! Glad to have you here on NeoGAF. Best of luck with any challenges you are facing, and any endeavors you pursue. Keep on trucking, buddy.👍

Top Bottom