• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardspace Shipbreaker - Console Release Date Trailer

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The lead designer was Jennifer Scheurle

Who was kicked off the team in November 2021, but was originally hired a few months prior to when people started suddenly complaining that the story was shit...

It's been non stop for months during development and now continues after launch, people hate the story.

I will fully admit the gameplay is great especially in the open mode, but you start with everything unlocked. What people want is progression but without the god awful story mode attached to it, like it used to be prior to the story being patched in prior to Scheurle joining the team.

It's a real shame too, because I love the Homeworld universe, just not what's gone on here, perhaps its a good thing it was a spiritual link to the series and not an official one.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hardspace: Shipbreaker, the acclaimed zero-g spaceship-salvaging sandbox game from Blackbird Interactive and Focus Entertainment, revealed a trailer which fully showcases Hardspace: Shipbreaker’s gameplay ahead of the game’s console release on September 20. Xbox Game Pass will include the game for its subscribers, and other players can already pre-order the game on Xbox Series X|S. Get fully acquainted with your spaceship salvager’s duties in this video!

Hardspace: Shipbreaker releases September 20 on Xbox Series X|S and is available now for pre-order. It will also be available on Day One with Xbox Game Pass, and is already available on PC Game Pass.

Freeman76

Put this on for 10 minutes to check it out. 3 hours later im wondering what it is i enjoy so much about it lol

jaysius

Banned
The game is ok, it's very heavy on the grind. It's like a more stationary Snowrunner type vibe.

Great game for a podcast or some great music while you're playing.

Last edited:
What do you actually do in the game? Space work-sim is not a very helpful description.

What... do you just fly around salvaging parts from broken down ships... and then what? Can you use them to build bases, or you're own ships or what?

Freeman76

What do you actually do in the game? Space work-sim is not a very helpful description.

What... do you just fly around salvaging parts from broken down ships... and then what? Can you use them to build bases, or you're own ships or what?

Its more working out how best to dismantle ships using various tools without destroying the parts or yourself. I dont know why its so good but I have to say I cant put it down

CeeJay

You are simply tasked with breaking down ships and salvaging as much as you can.

Each ship however is randomly generated from about 4 main archetypes so you never get two exactly the same. Each ship type requires a quite different method to take apart and there are always challenges such as pressurised cabins, reactor cores, coolant gas systems, fuel systems. A wrong move can lead to the whole thing blowing up. I would class the game as a chill time sink where you feel comfort from familiarity. It does get repetitive but this is not necessarily a negative about the game.

If you enjoy base building or crafting type games then this is a similar feel except it's about deconstruction rather than building.

Its more working out how best to dismantle ships using various tools without destroying the parts or yourself. I dont know why its so good but I have to say I cant put it down

You are simply tasked with breaking down ships and salvaging as much as you can.

Each ship however is randomly generated from about 4 main archetypes so you never get two exactly the same. Each ship type requires a quite different method to take apart and there are always challenges such as pressurised cabins, reactor cores, coolant gas systems, fuel systems. A wrong move can lead to the whole thing blowing up. I would class the game as a chill time sink where you feel comfort from familiarity. It does get repetitive but this is not necessarily a negative about the game.

If you enjoy base building or crafting type games then this is a similar feel except it's about deconstruction rather than building.

Thanks.... I never would have thought the game would play like this given the title, "Hard Space: Ship Breaker"....

The game's title sounds like it would be some sort of FPS or space combat game, lol. Not some slow-paced chill spaceship demolition sim.

The Stig

love the game on PC (i have all achievements).

I really wish they would add to it.

Damn I feel like cutting open a ship now

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Can you tell me how do I cut when it’s not a cutting point? I get the impression no matter what I do I end up destroying a piece.
Trial and error mostly. You will learn how to get the largest chunks the more you work on those ships in the shortest time possible.

Top Bottom