• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has anyone here had problems with Psychonauts (PC)?

siege

Banned
I never could get passed the loading screen with the birds flying around. It just sits there loading forever.

No problems at all. Entire game ran flawless. Also, P4 3.4Ghz, 1GB DDR2 ram, Radeon x700 256mb, so perhaps specs to low? Maybe you need to update all of your drivers, etc

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Ferny84 said:
I just bought the game and whenever I start it up, theres no picture, just sound.

My video card doesn't support some nonsense version number pixel shaders, and when I tried to get the pc demo to boot however long ago, this is exactly what it'd do (after complaining a little).

You'd think it'd complain about missing hardware support for the shaders in your case, but I'm just sayin' is all.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I can't even get past the CD menu.

I installed it, dloaded the patch and I get a message saying a need a graphics card that supports pixel shaders.

Brilliant.

I got this for my 13 year old nephew who plays too much EA shite. Now he can't sample hot Schafer love unless he gets a fucking 100 gfx card he can't afford :(

PCs are fucking shite.

boutrosinit

pj325is said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121186

That would be like paying for TWO games. Fuck that. There needs to be an option to turn the fuckers off.

pj

Banned
boutrosinit said:
That would be like paying for TWO games. Fuck that. There needs to be an option to turn the fuckers off.

There has to be a point when developers start cutting off old tech. Spending time and money ensuring compatibility with terribly outdated hardware should not be high on a developer's priority list. Cards with pixel shaders have been available since like 2001, GET WITH THE TIMES.

Lhadatt

boutrosinit said:
Agreeance with the Psychonauts fanatic.

Your Matrox Millenium video card from 1999 will not work with current games effectively. Please upgrade.

boutrosinit

Ain't mine. It's my 13 yr old cousin's set up. All his other games (the ones he likes and the ones he's 'allowed' to buy) work fine.

There should be a pizel shaders 'off' option. It just seems silly there isn't and for that, he will view EA as reliable. Boo!

pj

Banned
boutrosinit said:
Ain't mine. It's my 13 yr old cousin's set up. All his other games (the ones he likes and the ones he's 'allowed' to buy) work fine.

There should be a pizel shaders 'off' option. It just seems silly there isn't and for that, he will view EA as reliable. Boo!

But it's so much extra work for the developer.. Every pixel shaded surface would then need a non pixel shaded version for the people too cheap to spend $40 on a dx8 graphics card.

Borys

Banned
boutrosinit said:

No it's not.
Either you have a proper gaming PC or you play on consoles.

This kid of yours, he doesn't even have a PS2?

Besides there are ALWAYS minimum specs listed on the box. Read'em and ask somebody knowledgable does your computer (video card, cpu etc.) meet'em.

boutrosinit

Borys said:
No it's not.
Either you have a proper gaming PC or you play on consoles.

This kid of yours, he doesn't even have a PS2?

Besides there are ALWAYS minimum specs listed on the box. Read'em and ask somebody knowledgable does your computer (video card, cpu etc.) meet'em.

Minimum specs were barely listed on the U.S box. NOTHING was on there about needing pixel shaders to play.

My cousin HAD a PS2. His dad smashed it when he realised his son was paying off friends to gte him GTA and so on. He was 10 at the time (clever little bastard).

On PC, his dad could control his son's gaming content easier. Even asked me to send him a list of games to look out for - GTA, Manhunt, Mortal Kombat, etc...

Sadly, he lives in Dubai (PCs and related equipment are expensive) and he's 13. His dad won't justify a new graphics card for him unless it's for school, and he ain't so dumb to get swindled by some 'I need it for my art homework' gambit, as my cousin's into music and drumming more than art.

Basically, it's a shame as he probably would not have heard of Psychonauts had I not bought it for him, and now he has to wait until his old man upgrades his PC to play the fucker. When that is, who knows.

Top Bottom