• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and Mediabox (tv) no picture in HDMi port 2-3-4

Cyborg

Hi guys,

Just need some help. :)

I got a LG CX55 and I have a strange problem. When I put my Mediabox (to watch tv its a small device) or PS5 in HDMI Port-1 I have picture and sound on both depending which is connecyed to port 1. But obviously this way I can’t use both.

So if I plug my PS5 or Mediabox into HDMI port 2,3 or 4 I have sound but no picture. I thought it was a problem with the HDMI cable but that’s not the case because HDMI port-1 just works perfectly (with same cable) but I cant connect a second device to other ports. They just dont display the image.

Is anyone able to help?

Shakka43

Check if the HDMI ports have an "enhanced" mode in the settings. Maybe they are on Standard and not getting enough bandwidth for HDR + 4K.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I remember having a similar issue with a 42" LG I played with for awhile and for me its was a setting labeled instant game response, under picture settings then additional settings, worth a shot

Cyborg

I remember having a similar issue with a 42" LG I played with for awhile and for me its was a setting labeled instant game response, under picture settings then additional settings, worth a shot
Turned it off but both devices still give me a black screen in port 2. Seems like port 2-3-4 dont support hdmi 2.1 (ultra hd cables). So strange

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Turned it off but both devices still give me a black screen in port 2. Seems like port 2-3-4 dont support hdmi 2.1 (ultra hd cables). So strange
I am pretty sure a CX has all 4 HDMI 2.1 ports, confirmed looking at a review

HDMI 2.1 Class Bandwidth

Yes (HDMI 1,2,3,4)
CEC Yes
HDCP 2.2 Yes (HDMI 1,2,3,4)
USB 3.0

No
Variable Analog Audio Out Yes
Wi-Fi Support Yes (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz)

Update 11/03/2020: We retested it with an HDMI 2.1 source. We confirmed all HDMI inputs support HDMI 2.1.
The LG CX doesn't support full-bandwidth HDMI 2.1. It only has 40Gbps ports capable of 4k @ 120Hz @ 4:4:4 10-bit instead of 48Gbps ports, which could reach 12-bit, but we don't expect this to make any noticeable difference.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled#test_181

Cyborg

I am pretty sure a CX has all 4 HDMI 2.1 ports, confirmed looking at a review

HDMI 2.1 Class Bandwidth

Yes (HDMI 1,2,3,4)
CEC Yes
HDCP 2.2 Yes (HDMI 1,2,3,4)
USB 3.0

No
Variable Analog Audio Out Yes
Wi-Fi Support Yes (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz)

Update 11/03/2020: We retested it with an HDMI 2.1 source. We confirmed all HDMI inputs support HDMI 2.1.
The LG CX doesn't support full-bandwidth HDMI 2.1. It only has 40Gbps ports capable of 4k @ 120Hz @ 4:4:4 10-bit instead of 48Gbps ports, which could reach 12-bit, but we don't expect this to make any noticeable difference.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/cx-oled#test_181
Yeah, thanks. But I just dont understand why port 1 works fine for both devices but ports 2,3,4 just show black image woth sound (on both devices).

It seems like 2,3,4 are broken

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Press the "Gear" icon on your remote.
When the menu appears choose "All Settings"
From the next screen choose "General"
From the General menu choose "System"
From the System menu choose "Reset to Initial Settings"
Confirm your choice, let the display power off, then unplug the display for 15 to 20 minutes
Before powering on the display again remove all cables (except power) from the display
Power on the display
Choose HDMI input four from the remote
Plug in your Media Box directly (not using a splitter) to the HDMI 4 input port on the display
Power On media Box
See if you have signal

Last edited:

Cyborg

It's called deep colour on LG.Settings-Picture-Additional settings-hdmi ultra HD deep colour,and enable it
They are all enabled on all 4 ports but still I have black screen with sound. Only port 1 gives me sound and picture

nowhat

Update: I fixed it, I needed to do a hard reboot on the tv. After that all ports worked fine
Not related to your problem as such, but this is a pet peeve of mine with these "smart" TVs. I have the same TV as you, and I have not had problems with the inputs, but one (not frequent, but has happened on multiple occasions) issue is that the "magic remote" (it's not that magic IMHO, I don't get what's the fuzz all about) cursor will be stuck somewhere in the screen. And that persists even if you turn the TV on and off, the only way to rectify this is to pull the power plug for a while. Since things like this happen, there should be a "hard reset" option somewhere within the UI.

Top Bottom