• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatoful Boyfriend |OT| Summer Of Dove

Persona7

Banned
jazm5iF.png

Congratulations! You’ve been accepted as the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented birds! Roam the halls and find love in between classes as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest pigeon high school.

DeJIPuL.png

• Release : September 04, 2014

• Price : $9.99 / $14.99 (Summer Of Dove Collectors Edition)

• Platform : Windows, Linux, Mac, PS4, PS Vita

• Digital : Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle /(CE), GamersGate, Other

• Developer : Mediatonic (remake) / PigeoNation Inc. (original)

• Genre : Avian Visual Novel

• Official Website, Official Tumblr

de2Ibfb.png

Congratulations! You’ve been accepted as the only human student at the prestigious St. PigeoNation’s Institute, a school for talented pigeons. Roam the halls and uncover dark secrets as a sophomore student at the world’s greatest high school for birds.
Finding happiness won’t be easy, but it’s not all academic - there’s always time for a little lovin’ in this remake of Hato Moa’s underground cult classic visual novel / avian dating sim Hatoful Boyfriend.

It’s the game that has everything:

• The World’s Premier [only] Pigeon-Dating Simulator

• Hidden Boss Battles!

• Murder!

• Intrigue!

• Apocalypse!

iZAln8S.png

• An Avian Love Story: indulge in dalliances with birds of every feather on your way to flirty encounters with potential suitors that set your heart aflutter.

• Replayability to Fall in Love All Over Again: the more birds you romance, the more you discover – unravel the secrets of St PigeoNation’s, and perhaps even why the hell you’re chatting up birds anyway.

• Attend Class and Level Up: Choose elective classes like gym and art class to raise your character’s stats and bend suitors to your will by mixing charisma, vitality and wisdom. Get wise and you’ll pass your classes. Getting fit might save your life!

• Fowl Twists and Turns: Not everything is as it seems at St. PigeoNation’s Institute! Uncover dark conspiracies, unexpected twists, and hellish beasts bent on bringing on the apocalypse.

• Sensual Birdfeed: Purchase delicious beans as a gift for your potential love interests and wow your feathered crushes with Calm Corn, Country Millet or Bitter Black Beans.

• Remake features include improved art and more advanced pigeon AI. 60 flaps per second, 1080 pigeons.

K34Epmv.png

BKoAEvC.png

ffPxEFm.png

pGEAjEc.png

7qUUULh.png

Includes :

• Original game (PC) ♥
• Digital Soundtrack ♥
• Exclusive comic from Hato Moa ♥
• Exclusive Wallpapers of Oko-San ♥
• St Pigeonations Yearbook (Class of 2014) ♥

3KUGGSS.png

• Destructoid Review
• Polygon Review
• Joystiq Review
• The Verge
• GameZone Review
• Giant Bomb

I0rPdWo.png

ZuKhkPg.gif

The evil pigeon saying ho ho ho has been my avatar on giantbomb for years at this point so maybe I should finally play it.

Is there any shit based fan service?

Myself and another Steam-GAF member are going in cold turkey to this game tomorrow, its gonna be pretty fun. First VN/Dating Sim game, outside of Long Live The Queen, so i'm excited to see the ensuing chaos.

Croc

Banned
I preordered this for my boyfriend the second I saw that it was being released on Steam. Pretty excited to creep over his shoulder and watch him play the whole thing.

Tizoc

We may be entering Autumn/Fall and the school season is starting once more, but with this game, it is always summer.

Persona7

Banned
Myself and another Steam-GAF member are going in cold turkey to this game tomorrow, its gonna be pretty fun. First VN/Dating Sim game, outside of Long Live The Queen, so i'm excited to see the ensuing chaos.
Cool, I saw someone else post this already. I'll watch.

Persona7

Banned
It was already localized! This is just a polished-up rerelease.

Yes, they are using the fan localization everyone knows and are not doing anything except fixing a few minor grammar mistakes. Other changes include completely redrawn backgrounds and tweaks to make it look better and wider system compatibility.

hoggert

I'm getting too drunk for this shit... GOTY GOAT the game of the generation of this decade of the season to make all avians avail themselves. Play through the game again or just gift it to a friend to screw with em though... the struggle continues.

Lotto

Bought it immediately the day it went up on Steam. I thought it was releasing last month but tomorrow is good too. This will actually be my first dating sim VN
and probably my last
I'm unreasonably excited to play this.

Inumbris

If anyone here hasn't seen it, I implore you to search out a basic online streaming show called "Metadating".

It's hosted by Day[9] (of StarCraft fame), and he and his co-hosts play through love themed games while drinking fancy alcoholic beverages, discussing game design and just making jokes. They do Hatoful Boyfriend and it is an absolute riot!

GavinUK86

I remember Danny playing this everyday for a few weeks on Gamespot UK before he moved to the US. It was hilarious. I had no idea it was being re-released.

bigkrev

Bought win Gabens made from Idlemaster card sales.

No idea when I'm going to play it, but felt it was -important- to own this

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Question: I asked for the CE as a gift but got the SE instead... :x Is there a way to upgrade without paying full price?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm turns out I DO have the CE when I went to go purchase it again, but can't find where the extras are located >_>
(This is how you can tell I'm not a heavy Steam user :p)

Top Bottom