• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatoful Boyfriend |OT| Summer Of Dove

When I first found out about this game a couple years ago I was like, "lol, this game clearly sucks. I mean come on, it uses goddamn pictures of pigeons for the characters, and the concept is just so stupid that it's clearly a fetishist's thing."

Then I started reading through a screenshot-based Let's Play.

It quickly became clear to me that my initial impression was the wrongest I have ever been about a video game.

Arclaid

YES. Time to replay this sucker.

Ryouta is best bird.

When I first found out about this game a couple years ago I was like, "lol, this game clearly sucks. I mean come on, it uses goddamn pictures of pigeons for the characters, and the concept is just so stupid that it's clearly a fetishist's thing."

Then I started reading through a screenshot-based Let's Play.

It quickly became clear to me that my initial impression was the wrongest I have ever been about a video game.

Reading everybirdie's impressions on this is going to be fantastic.

Cheddahz

Banned
Posting this from the Steam thread, but I'll be streaming the game at 4PM EST this afternoon (and it'll be my first time playing it as well)
TOMORROW
image.php
image.php

WATCH AS STEAM-GAF LEGENDS GUNSTARHEROES AKA THE HUNIEPOP HARBINGER TAKES ON THE ELUSIVE AND MYSTERIOUS CHEDDAHZ IN THE MOST NERVE-WRACKING CHALLENGE THIS SIDE OF DARK SOULS
tumblr_inline_n9j5eeqzCU1r0208w.png

THE FIRST ANNUAL HATOFUL BOYFRIEND COLD TURKEY SPEEDRUN!
WHICH ONE OF US TRULY KNOWS THE CALL OF THE PIDGEON? FIND OUT AT 4PM EST TOMORROW
57_large.jpg

CHEDDAHZ'S TWITCH STREAM: http://www.twitch.tv/japanesedorito
GUNSTARHEROES'S TWITCH STREAM:http://www.twitch.tv/gunstarheroes7
OR WATCH THEM BOTH AT ONCE!:http://kadgar.com/live/japanesedorito/gunstarheroes7
THE COUNTDOWN:
t1409860800z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmmm turns out I DO have the CE when I went to go purchase it again, but can't find where the extras are located >_>
(This is how you can tell I'm not a heavy Steam user :p)

If it's like Dark Souls 2, it'll probably be in the SteamApps/Common/Hatoful Boyfriend folder. Which is beyond moronic and I really wish Steam's "extra pre-order" stuff would be tied to the game for later download a la Civ 5. :|

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
If it's like Dark Souls 2, it'll probably be in the SteamApps/Common/Hatoful Boyfriend folder. Which is beyond moronic and I really wish Steam's "extra pre-order" stuff would be tied to the game for later download a la Civ 5. :|

Oh THAT'S where it is?? Geeze, that's sure not the most obvious place of where to put them... And there they all are! (Thanks!)

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Downloading this. Seems like it will be the most surreal PC game since Frog Fractions.

I don't care that it's not a pigeon, I demand some Bald Eagle (national bird of the United States) DLC! He can give you roses (national floral emblem of the United States) as you sit with him in the shade of a large oak tree (national tree of the United States)!

Will probably buy during the holiday Steam sales (assuming this'll be on there) as I've got a lot of stuff to play right now currently.

TheSeks

Yuuya's ending is O_O

Makes the Achievement have some sense instead of some weird "YOLO" typo I thought it was at first.
Bond reference flew by me until the end.

TheSeks

Well... Oko-san's true ending is uh... certainly something...

Hopefully BBL explains that and a few other things. Going to do that mode before the last two endings I need to do. But I think the achievements mean I won't be able to get "To Be the True Java Sparrow" as my last. T_T I want that to show up when I load the title on Steam. *sigh* Oh well.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Well... Oko-san's true ending is uh... certainly something...

Hopefully BBL explains that and a few other things. Going to do that mode before the last two endings I need to do. But I think the achievements mean I won't be able to get "To Be the True Java Sparrow" as my last. T_T I want that to show up when I load the title on Steam. *sigh* Oh well.

BBL does not actually detail that part. I'd recommend doing every ending you can beforehand since they sometimes contain hints that will make more sense having seen them before BBL, IMO.

Good luck though. It's a hell of a ride.

TheSeks

BBL does not actually detail that part. I'd recommend doing every ending you can beforehand since they sometimes contain hints that will make more sense having seen them before BBL, IMO.

Good luck though. It's a hell of a ride.

You totally weren't kidding. What the hell did I just play in regards to BBL. Just... what. My mind is full of fuck.

BEST. BBL. EVER. I mean I totally wasn't expecting that epilogue ending.

Also you don't need ALL the endings to unlock said epilogue in the HD version apparently. I still haven't done Azami's ending and got it fine. Now to play the normal game and finish Azami's ending so I have "To be the True Java Sparrow" tomorrow and go through the Summer of Dove stuff. Dunno why I held off on finishing this for a few months but I'm glad I did.

(Azami is OTP. For real.)

tearsofash

Got all the endings and now I'm going for the BBL route. I literally just starting making choices related to the ending. I'm pretty excite.

So far my favourite ending was Anghel.

Top Bottom