• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have a great day!

-Minsc-

It can be weird being told this, though I believe it's is due to a latent anti-social behaviour. More along the lines of I simply don't know how do respond or simply am not interested in responding. With all the difficulties a person could encounter during the day I do make an attempt to look toward the positive as my mind wants to go negative. No person can specifically make me have a great day but there's certainly nothing wrong with being pointed in that direction. Beats being told to "Have a shit day!"

93% serious. 6% sarcasm. A healthy ratio?

Now, I wonder, should I post this as a separate thread when the "Blessed one" thread already exists? Am I just crying out for attention? Will the thread be deleted because it's kinda similar and also poking fun at?

I'll just expel these thoughts and move on since the seconds are ticking away.

Hopefully anyone reading this sentence goes on to have a great day.

Thank U Reaction GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

What the fuck are you even talking about
"Have a great day."

It's either a random collection of mostly meaningless words strung together to elicit a fixed response, or it's a dark acknowledgement about the life of quiet suffering most of us lead. "Have a great day," like without encouragement you're just going to be lost in the dark - stumbling through a bad day. Is our default state nothing more than depression? Do we only experience joy when encouraged to push for happiness by others? Or is it all just a lie? Are we merely lying to ourselves and trying to fake our way through a "great day?" It's not like our days will really change that much on average. Or is it that reality itself is the lie, and that if we can master control over our perception then we hold the power to make any day into a great day? Similar concepts have been explored by Buddhist meditation masters for centuries. However they tend to advise that desire is the root of all unhappiness, so isn't it true that - paradoxically - wanting or striving to have a great day is actually the main reason why you wont have a great day? Shouldn't we all strive to just live in the now and abolish the concept of good or bad days entirely? A day is just a day after all. What our little ape brains assign to it in a subjective value judgment doesn't change the day. But in the end we are all mortal, and we can't escape death. Perhaps that's the main thing to keep in mind, is to use this day to its fullest before the light stops shining in your eyes and your heart stops beating. The day itself is irrelevant, but what matters is how we live inside that day. In that sense, "have a good day" is really translated more accurately to - "be brave as you face death."

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
"Have a great day."

It's either a random collection of mostly meaningless words strung together to elicit a fixed response, or it's a dark acknowledgement about the life of quiet suffering most of us lead. "Have a great day," like without encouragement you're just going to be lost in the dark - stumbling through a bad day. Is our default state nothing more than depression? Do we only experience joy when encouraged to push for happiness by others? Or is it all just a lie? Are we merely lying to ourselves and trying to fake our way through a "great day?" It's not like our days will really change that much on average. Or is it that reality itself is the lie, and that if we can master control over our perception then we hold the power to make any day into a great day? Similar concepts have been explored by Buddhist meditation masters for centuries. However they tend to advise that desire is the root of all unhappiness, so isn't it true that - paradoxically - wanting or striving to have a great day is actually the main reason why you wont have a great day? Shouldn't we all strive to just live in the now and abolish the concept of good or bad days entirely? A day is just a day after all. What our little ape brains assign to it in a subjective value judgment doesn't change the day. But in the end we are all mortal, and we can't escape death. Perhaps that's the main thing to keep in mind, is to use this day to its fullest before the light stops shining in your eyes and your heart stops beating. The day itself is irrelevant, but what matters is how we live inside that day. In that sense, "have a good day" is really translated more accurately to - "be brave as you face death."
bruh what the shit

Last edited:
bruh what the shit
I was going to add a whole section about the concept of a day being inherently limiting when you look at how large the universe is and how many billions of galaxies will never see light from our sun before the heat death of the universe, but I figured .... nah. Anyway, have a good one!

Spaceman292

Banned
I was going to add a whole section about the concept of a day being inherently limiting when you look at how large the universe is and how many billions of galaxies will never see light from our sun before the heat death of the universe, but I figured .... nah. Anyway, have a good one!
living with autism

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Now that would trigger something seeing that mouth movement loop x 1.75 speed if encountered early in the morning.

Hey fair is fair.

And I ain't talking about no corndog selling fair. In that case my mouth would going x 1.75 normal speed.

Last edited:

niilokin

Now that would trigger something seeing that mouth movement loop x 1.75 speed if encountered early in the morning.

Hey fair is fair.

And I ain't talking about no corndog selling fair. In that case my mouth would going x 1.75 normal speed.
day so good he smacking his lips

Jsisto

Day and night are merely illusions presented to beings under the illusion of self awareness based on our proximity to a star and the current position of the rock we inhabit. We are a collection of fairly complex organic structures working symbiotically to create the aforementioned illusion in order to perpetuate the survival of the whole. But wait! Even then, we are made of infinitely smaller and smaller chemicals and particles colliding against each other endlessly based on the laws of physics created during genesis. Devoid of any purpose, individuality or free will, merely moving around and reacting endlessly until entropy engulfs us all and this chaos we inhabit flickers out.

But pleeeeeease, have a great fucking day! A blessed one, even!

Top Bottom