• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something wild is going on, and ive tried to contact the moderation team....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varteras

Gold Member
macarons.jpg
NbIrqFD.png

Easy now mods. They're just cookies :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Edgelord79

Gold Member
The majority of my 12 warnings are for a "persecution complex" and "gaslighting" responding to posts similar to the above. I will state that xbox seems to be treated differently on here and that posts like the above are allowed, hence persecution complex. I will have used the words "you're insane if you think starfield is as shit as redfall" hence gaslighting.
12 warnings?! That’s a lot of rope!

Shifty1897

Been offline most of day and had to catch up! cleaning, fixing up the house, juggling an insane toddler. We have family coming to visit tomorrow.

But this thread really is a treasure. BBQ Sauces, memes, redemption, jokes, smoking meats (I smoked some pork tenderloins earlier this week but I grilled burgers today), Jessica Alba, and Sin City. Thanks for being GAF, GAF!

Crayon

Everyone isn’t moderated equally. Reputation matters. When you have a reputation for acting and posting like a moron and you’re use a dozen other warnings, the mods are going to keep you on a tight leash. Not sure why that surprises.

In the real world, it works in a similar way in the office. Your reputation is everything and you can “get away with more” if you have a good one.

This is true. You have to look at how long someoen has been around, what if anything you contribute (funny, smart, expert), and the mix of trolling/raw shitposting/actual discussion you do.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Maybe we should have a fanboy day. Where these people can go crazy let it all out. Poor people can't control their feelings 🤣🤣

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Maybe we should have a fanboy day. Where these people can go crazy let it all out. Poor people can't control their feelings 🤣🤣
Isn’t that “raise your shield thread“ is for?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Somewhere in the GAF multiverse, DenchStevenTyler created this thread but as song. It went something like this.

There's something wrong with the mods today
I don't know what it is
Something's wrong with their eyes
We're seeing things in a different way
And Phil knows it ain't his
It sure ain't no surprise, yeah
Posting on my edge browser
There's something wrong with the mods today
My light bulb's getting dim
There's meltdown in this thread
If you can judge a wise man
By the console in his den
Then moderator you're a better man than I, oh
(I can't help myself from trolling)
(I can't help myself at all)
(I can't stop myself from trolling)
(Everybody, everybody)
Tell me what you think about my situation
Complication, aggravation
Is getting to you, yeah
If evilore tells you that I'm on my last warning
Even if I wasn't, would I still come shilling
Back again?
You bet I would my friend
Again, and again, and again, and again, and again
Yeah, tell me what you think about my thread ban situation
Complication, aggravation
Is getting to me
If evilore tells me that I'm on my last warning
Even if I wasn't, would I still come shilling
Back again?
You bet I would my friend
Again, and again, and again, and again
Something right with the mods today
And everybody knows it's wrong
But we can tell 'em no or we could let it go
But I would rather be a hanging on
(I can't help yourself from trolling)
(I can't help myself at all)
(I can't stop myself from trolling)
(Everybody, everybody)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...
Get thread baning me
I can't help myself from trolling
I can't help myself at all
I can't stop myself from trolling
I can't help myself
I can't help myself
I can't help myself
I can't help myself
I can't help myself
I can't help myself
I can't help myself
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

yeah-steven-tyler.gif

nowhat

Out of morbid curiosity what's your browser of choice and why?
Not who you asked, but I'll reply anyway to evangelize: Firefox. Because a) as a web dev, I don't want another IE6, enough browsers are Chromium-based already, b) as a web dev, I prefer the developer tools and better integration of extensions, c) it uses less memory (this wasn't always the case, but Chrome is much more of a memory hog nowadays, and d) Google knows enough of me already.

Not who you asked, but I'll reply anyway to evangelize: Firefox. Because a) as a web dev, I don't want another IE6, enough browsers are Chromium-based already, b) as a web dev, I prefer the developer tools and better integration of extensions, c) it uses less memory (this wasn't always the case, but Chrome is much more of a memory hog nowadays, and d) Google knows enough of me already.
I can agree with Chrome being a pig. Firefox tools/extensions are great but Edge is my main day to day. As a web dev as well I have so many browsers and logins across too many brands/devices anyhow.

nowhat

I can agree with Chrome being a pig. Firefox tools/extensions are great but Edge is my main day to day. As a web dev as well I have so many browsers and logins across too many brands/devices anyhow.
Sure, but even Edge is Chromium-based these days, so there's that IE6-like monoculture. That, and I run Linux so Edge is not really an option anyway.

Gtafans93

I don't know whats going on but You wanna know why theres Nothing wrong with dog's milk?. Full of goodness, full of vitamins, full of marrowbone jelly. Lasts longer than any other milk, dog's milk

King Dazzar

I must say, maybe this thread has highlighted to me how much the team have given me some leeway for being a nice guy, overall? I dunno

Im Nice Dream Corp Llc GIF by Adult Swim
lol, that's certainly a glass half full way of looking at things. Of course, if they thought you were that nice, maybe you wouldn't have received so many warnings. And its actually the mods who are the nice ones in all of this. Just a thought. 😉

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
lol, that's certainly a glass half full way of looking at things. Of course, if they thought you were that nice, maybe you wouldn't have received so many warnings. And its actually the mods who are the nice ones in all of this. Just a thought. 😉

That, is a very good perspective and one I do believe in for the most part.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Green rats don’t report like the blue ones do.

lol....how would you know?

Idk lately these live threads have had some merit. From what I know of OP he's pretty balanced. Then I hear @Represent getting warnings for quoting a developer explaining why Series S isn't so great. Reminds me of another forum a lot of us sought refugelike.

ChiefDada no likey.

Pretty sure that thread was closed because represent made up a lot of nonsense about Remedy crapping on 60fps modes, not because of the Series S comments. If it were because of the Series S comments then this thread wouldn't exist:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom