• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hawk seeks refuge in man's cab during Hurricane Harvey

Duderz

Banned
https://youtu.be/-6MjdV_8E6Q

https://youtu.be/FMAgZULQimc

A man filmed the moment a hawk wouldn't budge from his taxi cab as Hurricane Harvey barreled towards Texas.

As thousands evacuated the Houston area ahead of the Category 4 hurricane and others hunkered down, one hawk sought refuge in a car in Houston on Friday.

William Bruso was picking up supplies when he found the bird 'looking scared' as the animal sat with its wings tucked close to its side sitting in the car's passenger seat.

He named it Harvey the Hurricane Hawk and said: 'He just kind of hopped on in and doesn't want to leave. He seems to be scared. He doesn't know what's going on.'

Bruso brought the hawk home with him and continued to post videos with his new friend, but handed the bird over to the Texas Wildlife Rescue Center on Saturday.

Coffee my ass if old. That hawk looks like he's seen some things.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Don't birds get a weird illness where they basically turn into empty headed zombies until they die? Or is that just smaller songbirds?

Oppo

tbf I would probably have the same expression if my cab driver just started live streaming me

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
dylan-shock.gif

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I just found a Reddit post where the hawk said "I saw her cloaca and liked it" about some Daisy Duck photos that leaked.
tbf I would probably have the same expression if my cab driver just started live streaming me
This made me laugh really hard.

rackham

Banned
Wow how the fuck can he hang out with that thing? For fucks sake that monster has a confederate flag. Someone tell that asshole to step back into the storm. Save the shelter for the hawk.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
People judge too fast.

Maybe he is just a Dukes of Hazzard fan.

I fly my Texas, Gonzales (Come and Take It), Don't Tread on Me, Confederate Dixie, and United States flags VERY Proudly and VERY Unapologetically! SETTLED!
wouldn't bet on it ;)

Good on him to care about the bird though.

Top Bottom