• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 will soon require all Steam players to sign in with a PlayStation Network account

Mr Moose

Right, of course. But the developers are saying things like 'we don't have all the details yet', it kinda shows that the announcement happened before everything was hashed out with them fully.
Yeah but that part is about the region thing, which honestly shouldn't be a thing to begin with. How can you sell consoles and games in a country but not have PSN?

Sony out here working overtime to destroy the little goodwill they've built among the PC community. IF they need PSN integration so badly (from a business point of view I get why they need to) it should be; (1) communicated well in advance BEFORE the launch and then applied consistently from thereon; (2) bring with it tangible benefits to the end user. Altering the deal after the fact will more often than not create a swift backlash.

Just an poorly thought through business move. But I guess big corporations gonna corpo.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
"Sony should bring their games to PC. It'll be good for their revenue and MAU."

Sony: "Okay."

PC Players:

Screen_Shot_2018-03-07_at_2.08.13_PM.png

Tallahassee

Typical PC Players, piss,moan and beg for releases but then cry incessantly EVEN THOUGH they have been BEGGING for trophy support as well sunce day one, how the fuck else did they think trophies would be integrated hmm?
Absolute fucking morons…
please don't put all pc players in the same bucket, it's the deranged steam hive mind as usual

Mithos

Sony should...

1. Refund the money for anyone living in a country where you can not sign up for a local PSN account.
or
2. Open up the ability to register a local PSN account in ALL countries that they sell their games in.

ZehDon

Anyone knows if this had an effect on player drop off or is this blown out of proportion?

Doesn't become mandatory until the end of the month. When it kicks in and players can't play without a PlayStation Account, I suspect you'll see the numbers come down.

lefty1117

Gold Member
As with everything else that goes wrong with video games as an industry and as a medium, I place the blame for this squarely on Microsoft
You know what's funny about that is I had seen a report a few days ago about MS dominating the playstation store recently with the Fallout games and Sea of Thieves - and how with SoT in particular they are able to claim those players on the xbox platform because they are required to log in with xbox accounts. And then a couple of days later we get this awkward thing from Sony. A reaction to MS?

coffinbirth

200w.gif

Sony just played the fuck around and find out game.
200,000+ negative reviews since the announcement resulting in a reversal of "manadatory requirements" is a not-so-friendly reminder of who's holding the wheel here. Even Stevie Wonder could see what they were up to here, lmao.

Top Bottom