• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Players Are Organizing to Revert Negative Helldivers 2 Steam Reviews

Draugoth

Gold Member
PlayStation has reversed course on the Helldivers 2 PSN account requirement, walking back the unpopular policy after a weekend long backlash that included tens of thousands of negative reviews, some of which spread to Sony's other Steam games.

As a result, players have began to mobilize to reverse the negative reviews of the game:

ladies-gentlemen-and-super-citizens-one-and-all-a-new-major-v0-kp0kxcxxhqyc1.png

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
For what I called it yesterday that they will reverse it and said multiple times that they handeld it poorly but the hypocrisy and hyperbole bothered me the worst review I saw was " we should bomb japan again" which is plain and simple stupid. If you dont agree on the stuff i said put me on ignore, i will do the same for you :).
We all know why here. You are not fooling anyone so don't try to play the victim.

Also I'm not a crybaby, this is my ignore list:

image.png

If I'm disagreeing with someone I'll try to talk to him and understand his point of view. And when I face a stupid troll like you I'm having fun trolling you back.

Last edited:

Three

And some posters seriously suggested policing reviews so people can’t do stuff like this lol. It’s an incredibly powerful weapon entirely in the hands of the consumers.

Don’t fuck with it.
Steam already has a form of review policing but it makes it transparent so you can look at the review policing history.

Three

Believe Gaiff Gaiff is referring to the posts saying the reviews were "illegal" and equated it to "cancel culture" and that Steam should put a stop to it.
Illegal? Wtf under what laws. Na nothing that extreme

Stop cancel culture though it kind of has policing for. That's what I'm referring to. Steam polices and hides reviews if they deem the reviews unrelated to the quality of the game. They make that transparent though and highlight this "off topic review activity ".

Topher

Gold Member
Illegal? Wtf under what laws. Na nothing that extreme

Stop cancel culture though it kind of has policing for. That's what I'm referring to. Steam polices and hides reviews if they deem the reviews unrelated to the quality of the game. They make that transparent though and highlight this "off topic review activity ".

I don't know....here it is....

I read through alot of steam reviews right now and most reviews just mention that they canr make a psn account because its hacked every month.

I dont know but it's illegal to talk stuff about people and companies which ain't true and can damage them. Well at least where I live.

Hyperbole is illegal, I guess

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
PlayStation has reversed course on the Helldivers 2 PSN account requirement, walking back the unpopular policy after a weekend long backlash that included tens of thousands of negative reviews, some of which spread to Sony's other Steam games.

As a result, players have began to mobilize to reverse the negative reviews of the game:

ladies-gentlemen-and-super-citizens-one-and-all-a-new-major-v0-kp0kxcxxhqyc1.png

Told y'all whiny PC gamers get shit done.

DaGwaphics

Sony must really worry about these reviews. It's certainly an interesting case study with so many huge games already requiring an additional account of some kind.

Holammer

Sony must really worry about these reviews. It's certainly an interesting case study with so many huge games already requiring an additional account of some kind.
I aggressively avoid buying games that require an additional account, especially Ubisoft games and I'm probably not the only cranky old-timer with such an attitude.
Companies should ask themselves if the data collection worth the lost sales.

nikos

This confirms my assumption that Helldivers fans are hive-minded basement dwellers. I bought the game when it came out but its community has always been kind of insufferable.

DaGwaphics

I aggressively avoid buying games that require an additional account, especially Ubisoft games and I'm probably not the only cranky old-timer with such an attitude.
Companies should ask themselves if the data collection worth the lost sales.

It's an annoyance for me, but I don't really care about that kind of thing as long as it doesn't cost any additional $, anyone is free to view what games I play on various platforms already that's not information I put much of a priority on.

It's just an interesting turn given that the announcement of PS's plan to bring trophy support and their overlay to PC ports was met with positivity. I don't see how Sony is implementing those features without the use of a PSN account, or at least a link between Steam/Epic and PSN.

yurinka

It is having effect, it went from around 150K negative reviews yesterday to around 100K (and counting) positive reviews today:
image.png

This confirms my assumption that Helldivers fans are hive-minded basement dwellers. I bought the game when it came out but its community has always been kind of insufferable.
Automaton detected!

* Aims to the bot's face and presses L1+⬆️➡️⬇️⬇️⬇️ *

Last edited:

Fabieter

This is a law in germany.

"Whosoever asserts or disseminates a fact related to another person which may defame him or negatively affect public opinion about him, shall, unless this fact can be proven to be true, be liable to imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine and, if the offence was committed publicly or through the dissemination of".

Iam no lawyer, never explicitly said its the case here, but i guess we have alot of lawyer around here so i apologies :p.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
The PSN accounts are no doubt a linchpin of Sony's PC strategy and they can't afford to botch it any further or they will never get PC PSN accounts to be universally accepted.

nikos

By the way, the game suffered no loss of concurrent players throughout this fiasco. Review bombing and mass refunding had absolutely no effect on the game's player count.

So people continued to play even though they review bombed and those who received refunds didn't play the game anyway. I'd request a refund if I didn't buy it on a keysite, only because I don't want to be part of this community. The game also wasn't too great.

1hRiPax.jpeg

Topher

Gold Member
This is a law in germany.

"Whosoever asserts or disseminates a fact related to another person which may defame him or negatively affect public opinion about him, shall, unless this fact can be proven to be true, be liable to imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine and, if the offence was committed publicly or through the dissemination of".

Iam no lawyer, never explicitly said its the case here, but i guess we have alot of lawyer around here so i apologies :p.

The only one suggesting there was anything even remotely illegal about this was you.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

You don't play the game. You don't play on PC, yet you've been here the past few days posting nonstop about this. It doesn't concern you and you're just here to troll. How about you STFU and move on?
I did play the game a lot. Just rn I'm occupied with Predecessor and waiting for the new Warbond this thursday.

Last edited:

Fabieter

You don't play the game. You don't play on PC, yet you've been here the past few days posting nonstop about this. It doesn't concern you and you're just here to troll. How about you STFU and move on?

So we should ban people from discussions where they dont have any eggs in the basket? So we should check in any topic if people have the right to give their opionion on something they might not directly involved with? What?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Stop trying to start fights in every thread you enter.
So we should ban people from discussions where they dont have any eggs in the basket? So we should check in any topic if people have the right to give their opionion on something they might not directly involved with? What?
Aren't you the one who said Steam should ban the reviews complaining about the PSN account linking? That's rich coming from you.

Furthermore, there's a difference between voicing your opinion and spending your time shitting on a community. This dude pretty much does nothing but that. He's been here for three days bitching about the stance the Steam community took against Sony's practice as if they don't have the right to complain. He's also frequently in PC threads regarding games he doesn't even play just to shit on PC or PC gamers. Guy is a troll and he took an L. That's why he needs to STFU and move on. The community won despite their whining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom