• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

help! i clogged my drain :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

it was chinese food wed.

everyone comes over with chinese food. we dumped the meager remnants down the drain, turned on the disposal, and watched it swirl and spit everything back up.

now i'm stuck.

what should i do?

top.jpg

under.jpg

cubanb

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
it was chinese food wed.

everyone comes over with chinese food. we just dumped it all down the drain, turned on the disposal, and watched it swirl and spit everything back up.
Next time try eating the food instead of dumping it all down the drain

Try taking what food you can out of the drain and then go and get some Draino and pour the recommended amount in there . Only thing I can think of ... I also read Vinegar is good at eating shit up from drains .. but haven't tested that myself .

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
MentalNoiz said:
Try taking what food you can out of the drain and then go and get some Draino and pour the recommended amount in there . Only thing I can think of ... I also read Vinegar is good at eating shit up from drains .. but haven't tested that myself .

that's about the best advice. Hopefully something hasn't f'd up your garbage disposal because that is a pain the ass.

Actually, just throw the food away next time.

ChrisReid

Yeah, the disposal is a last resort thing. You can't really use it to get rid of everyday crap.

On to constructive tips..

Vinegar was half right.. You want to try vinegar and baking soda.. it creates a fizzle type reaction that can eat away some of the stuff clogging your drain. Now if the disposal itself is mechnically messed up.. you might need to replace that though. I'd leave it for tonight though.. see if any water goes down so you can easily try the baking soda and vinegar thing tomorrow.

Before you pull out the chemicals....

Plug up one sink, then apply a plunger to the other. If it doesn't work like a charm, THEN get the chemicals out.

Miguel

For the Mario Bros in you...

DOUBLE PLUNGER ACTION! Get a brother/friend/neighbor to bring over a plunger and work that sink like Paris Hilton.

B'z-chan

Banned
Steps:

Fabric sofner sheets (to cover the drain)
Baking Soda
CornStarch
A little bit of vinigar (yes this is a bomb just watch out)
and a little plunger should work wonders.

Now if its something bigger your gonna want a small snake. There about 10 bucks at a homedepot. And can work wonders when you've got a crap stuck way deep in the toilet that was too big to fit through your pipes.

Flynn

I clogged my sink up with pumpkin seeds last Halloween.

On the outside wall of your house exactly behind the sink there might be a trap (unless you live in an apartment building or a newer home). If there is take a wrench out there. Open. Flush. Close. See what happens.

Also you can always put a bucket beneath the elbow joint beneath the sink and remove it. There will probably be a lot of food stuck in there. Before you do so, though, I highly suggest you bail out the water from both sinks, or else you're gonna make a big mess.

If you're not comfortable with minor plumbing call a rooter service, come and snake the pipe, but charge you from $50-$100 bucks.

mj1108

BuddyChrist83 said:
what should i do?

The first thing to do in an emergency is to take pictures with your digital camera and post them on GAF while the chinese food sits there rotting in the sink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom