• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help identify stickman disability

RagnarokIV

Basic_human_drawing.png
I was shopping on the weekend and while in one store I saw someone with what I’ll describe as stickman disability.

They looked like a stickman with their legs like the above image.

They couldn’t bend or move their legs in anyway, so they kind of waddled back and forth from one leg to another to move forward, a little like this:
(Just imagine no bend in the knees)
Dance Fun GIF

I’ve never seen this before and tried searching online for info but I can’t find anything. Has anyone here seen stickman syndrome before?

I know it’s hard to understand this, so an alternative method is to use your index and middle finger to make a Winston Churchill/MGS Big Boss “V” then put it upside down on a table like this - “ /\ “
Then try and emulate walking without being able to bend or move the legs directly forward.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I don’t think so because they were a fairly young boy. He didn’t seem in pain so I thought maybe he was just being silly like I used to be, but he was genuinely like this all the time (saw them in a few stores).
Jeepers, that sounds odd. I really don’t know. Sounds unpleasant though forcsure

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don’t think so because they were a fairly young boy. He didn’t seem in pain so I thought maybe he was just being silly like I used to be, but he was genuinely like this all the time (saw them in a few stores).

Honestly just sounds like a kid being a freak. I'd probably have done this as a game to keep myself entertained while mum did the shopping.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Isn't this what Celine Dion has?

stiff person syndrome, a rare neurological disorder that affects one or two in a million people, according to Johns Hopkins Medicine. The disease notably causes progressive muscle stiffness and painful spasms.

RagnarokIV

Honestly just sounds like a kid being a freak. I'd probably have done this as a game to keep myself entertained while mum did the shopping.
I thought so because I used to this, and still do stuff to keep me entertained shopping like farting, but the whole family had disabilities.

One kid was the stickman, the other looked like downsyndrome and the third kid had a disfigured face with a dent in his head like Max Haus from Wolfenstein.

Maybe I’m getting old and more empathetic, but it’s the first time I thought “poor bastards” for what they have ahead of them in life.

SirTerry-T

Could have had Perthes Disease?
My brother had it as a kid and had to have his legs in plaster right up to his waist which made walking difficult, if not impossible without a "waddle".

RagnarokIV

Front-and-rear-views-of-the-Toronto-brace-for-Legg-Perthes-disease.png
Could have had Perthes Disease?
My brother had it as a kid and had to have his legs in plaster right up to his waist which made walking difficult, if not impossible without a "waddle".

I think it could be this or something similar.

His legs were like this (image search for perthes disease)

But no cast, and nothing linking his legs. His legs were basically locked in that position

Top Bottom