• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya Says Bayonetta 3 Development Is "Going Really Well"

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It's nice when we do get regular updates from developers about how their upcoming projects are coming along. In this case, the latest one is about the anticipated Switch exclusive, Bayonetta 3. A Twitter user reached out to PlatinumGames' Hideki Kamiya recently and asked when fans could expect to hear more. Kamiya responded with the following line: "Development's going really well. There you go"

Camreezie

Weird they've been so quiet about it for a while now since announcing it. Still have high Hope's for next year launch

Banned
I think Nintendo might want to make this one of their bigger blockbuster games.
so development is unusually long for a Platinum game, since they usually make low to medium budget games lately.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Honestly, I cannot see this selling. The original game was a real right-time, right-place success, and the sequel did less than a million despite being released on both Switch and Wii-U.

I doubt a threequel is going to buck the trend of diminishing returns.

Honestly, I cannot see this selling. The original game was a real right-time, right-place success, and the sequel did less than a million despite being released on both Switch and Wii-U.

Don’t forget the going in for the kill commercial, they actually marketed bayo 1

Bayo is Nintendo's 2nd party IP now. So it doesn't matter if it sells or not, what matters is that it is good quality and pads out the game library. Just as Splatoon was Nintendo's version of muliplayer shooter game.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Bayo is Nintendo's 2nd party IP now. So it doesn't matter if it sells or not, what matters is that it is good quality and pads out the game library. Just as Splatoon was Nintendo's version of muliplayer shooter game.

Was just responding to the thought that it might have a bigger budget than its predecessor. No reflection on its quality, just that I doubt Ninty would feel the need to expend too much expense on a title with relatively weak sales prospects. I mean if it was a new IP they could have creative input in and really shape as a big deal going forwards, sure, wheel truckloads of cash up to Platinum's door! They deserve it, but Bayo... its just not that hot of a property to invest too much in.

Sybb

Banned
I've never been a fan of Kamiya's games (Viewtiful Joe, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta) because to me, they're focusing on style rather than precision. But I still hope B3 will be a success because Nintendo has invested in the IP.

lo zaffo

I think Bayonetta3 is as big project as Astral Chain was. Nintendo wants it to be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo is happy as long as the franchise grows, even if it sells 150k copies sold more than the previous games, that's how they work with every IP. No need to set fake unrealistic expectations.

Bayonetta 2 on Switch outsold the original Wii U release so Nintendo was satisfied with it, that's what they said in the investors meeting.

Also as already mentioned the main reason why Bayonetta keeps going is because Nintendo wants action games, more similar to the types of exclusives you get on other platforms, to bring variety, and Platinum has that high pedigree with this genre.

Last edited by a moderator:

I’m on Twitter so I see a lot of comments every day. I’m happy that there’s still anticipation for the title, but one thing I would like to address is the trend I’m seeing which is people who are starting to ask if the game has been cancelled. I want you guys to take any concerns you have like that and throw them out the window immediately because we’re still hard at work on it and it hasn’t been cancelled by any means. Please look forward to it!

Kamiya is sick of fans asking him, but he bloody blocks everyone dare asking if it is being made! (He's blocked me as well for asking a question about his favourite food).

Dude needs to seriously chill out online and stop blocking people who don't suck his dick or praise the game to high heaven. Constructive Criticism is actually a thing.

Nintendo haven't really said much about it either that makes me think that Reggie actually revealed this early to get Americans to buy a Switch early on who want to play Bayonetta.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Kamiya is sick of fans asking him, but he bloody blocks everyone dare asking if it is being made! (He's blocked me as well for asking a question about his favourite food).

Dude needs to seriously chill out online and stop blocking people who don't suck his dick or praise the game to high heaven. Constructive Criticism is actually a thing.

Nintendo haven't really said much about it either that makes me think that Reggie actually revealed this early to get Americans to buy a Switch early on who want to play Bayonetta.

killatopak

Infamous Second Son and Bayonetta 2 roughly launched at the same time and we still got more news about GoT than Bayo 3.

Granted Platinum made a few games in between but like they’re treading on Rockstar Games development time and even they have released a remaster and a big title in the same timeframe while supporting both online modes.

Top Bottom