• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima seems to agree that Alan Wake 2 is the closest thing to Silent Hills

Draugoth

Gold Member
IGN has posted an Article: "Alan Wake 2 Might Be The Closest We Ever Get to Silent Hills"

Kojima himself then retweeted the article:

5IUOQkm.png

Madflavor

Is that true? How is Alan Wake 2? I'm an old school Silent Hill fan and I love my Survival Horror games to be atmospheric and actually scary.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Seriously? I don't remember seeing him? I put hours into that damn thing!

Maybe I saw him and didn't realise. Most likely..

He's a late game guy you can make deliveries to, but he's a massive pain in the ass to reach because hes really dug into that snowy mountain area. I think I made two runs to him before I said fuck it. The distance and terrain just wasnt worth the wear n tear on my gear.

Fuck now I want to play Death Stranding.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

Well I'll be, did not expect that at all :messenger_tears_of_joy:

He's a late game guy you can make deliveries to, but he's a massive pain in the ass to reach because hes really dug into that snowy mountain area. I think I made two runs to him before I said fuck it. The distance and terrain just wasnt worth the wear n tear on my gear.

That does sound painful!

I did get quite far but I don't think snowy mountain far, or did I :unsure:

D'ya know, that's the one game my brain seems to flake out on. I semi remember there were more raider types about, most of the bridges were built and I had the truck, I got hooked on pumping more into the network.. but it's gone :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It's got me an all, I want to boot it up too now. My PS4 save is long gone but I rebought it on Steam and PS5, haven't touched either

PS5 it is.

nowhat

With the Director's Cut (or whatever it is called), you can build a highway around those mountains. And it's pretty epic, I spent many laps just going around it just because it's so cool to drive.

SJRB

Gold Member
It’s pretty clear by now that Sam Lake > Kojima at this point in terms of complex cinematic narrative.

Alan Wake 2 (and Control) are on a whole different astral plane compared to the faux-intellectual schlocky cringe that Kojima is going for lately.

Top Bottom