• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High On Life | Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
From the creator of Rick & Morty (and you can tell)

unknown.png

Squanch Games' FPS will allow us to embody a bounty hunter, in a world where humanity is being threatened by an alien cartel who wants to use them as drugs. It’s up to you to rescue and partner with charismatic, talking guns...

Fresh out of high school with no job and no ambition, you've really got nothing going for you until an alien cartel that wants to get high off humanity invades Earth.
Now, you and a team of charismatic talking guns must answer the hero's call and become the deadliest intergalactic bounty hunter the cosmos has ever seen.

High-on-Life-270550.jpg
High-on-Life-270557.jpg

• Travel to various planets and locations across the cosmos, go up against the nefarious Garmantuous and his gang of goons, collect loot & meet unique characters in the latest comedy adventure from Justin Roiland
  • Navigate dynamic and changing worlds that range from a jungle paradise, to a city built inside an asteroid, the hub of the cosmos.
  • Complete hunter challenges, meet weird, fun, and hilarious characters, collect an array of alien technology, and more!
  • October 2022 (day one on GamePass)
High-on-Life-270554.jpg
High-on-Life-270556.jpg

Robb

Gold Member
This was a nice surprise, I’m worried the jokes/voice acting might get a bit ‘too much’ but I’ll definitely check it out. Looks fun!

Last edited:

Roberts

That one was my highlight for 2022. And don’t even watch R&M but I love that kind of humour - Dan Harmon used to be a showrunner on it and I love everything he does.

Last edited:

apowhungo

jb smoove as a gun?! 5 bucks says there's arguments between dual wields
u6Uaa3z.jpg

maybe it's just the talking guns but it really does seem like it's rick and morty does borderlands, and as i say that it makes me wanna play it more.
And don’t even watch R&M but I love that kind of humour - Dan Harmon used to be a showrunner on it and I love everything he does.
you like dan harmon but don't watch his biggest show?
u6Uaa3z.jpg

Last edited:

Roberts

you like dan harmon but don't watch his biggest show?

Haha, there is an explanation. I overdosed on TV during the 00's and have not really watched any of it during the last 10 years or so (Eastbound and Down, Vice Principles and The Righteous Gemstones is an exception, but that is because I love Jody Hill even more than Dan Harmon). I guess I'm at that point of my life where I spend my free time on games and obscure movies from 60's and 70's. But R&M time will come when I am ready.

arvfab

Banned
One of the very few highlights of yesterday's show. Could have actually stopped watching the rest of the show after that and resume once they showed Starfield.

Hope the timed exclusive period is more like the ones we have seen recently for Xbox games (3 months), as I expect (or hope) this one to have a good DualSense implementation.

coffinbirth

Hopefully this is more fleshed out than Trover Saves the Universe...but to be perfectly honest, while I love the concept and humor and general aesthetics, it seems to be very much the same kinda deal.
In fact, I am convinced this is actually a VR game that Microsoft moneyhatted for timed exclusivity. Dollars to donuts this will launch on PS5 as a PSVR2 title when the exclusivity window closes. The fact that the trailer is available in VR on YouTube backs up this theory.

Orta

Banned
Really caught my eye, not sure how long it'll take the constant 'humour' to get on my nerves though.

Is it a MP focussed shooter?

RPS37

Instantly reminded me of Trover, for obvious reasons.
Graphics look decent and seems weird so I’m in.

RPS37

Just heard a Justin casually drop that this is actually a metroidvania.
Thought that was worth mentioning.

Kagey K

Banned
I wasn't going to be able to get to this until at least Nov anyway because of my annual Shocktober game playthroughs, but danngit.

Shocked Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Well they can't exactly just say "And it's out right now" randomly on twitter :p
I know & you are right, this is not the best example since the game is not delayed that long.
But it's a trend I really don't like, I really hope things will come back to normal in a few month.

Top Bottom