• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

His Holiness Dalai Lama defends his "innocent and playful" viral pedo move

Fbh

A religious leader is secretly a creep?

impossible-star-wars.gif

TrueLegend

This entire thread is representation of American stupidity and how they project the fucked up thing they experience on daily basis on other culture to normalise it by using fringe incidents taken out of context.
This is simply a form of greeting in Tibet on which Dalai Lama decided to do some mischief but boy so many of you who practise probably world's most obnoxious religion actively or passively 'the chistrianity' feel the need to just bring everything in your own religion's context.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I'm torn between "throwing a possibly demented holy man in front of a camera" and "usual pedophilic holy man".

Either way this situation sucks.

winjer

Gold Member
This entire thread is representation of American stupidity and how they project the fucked up thing they experience on daily basis on other culture to normalise it by using fringe incidents taken out of context.
This is simply a form of greeting in Tibet on which Dalai Lama decided to do some mischief but boy so many of you who practise probably world's most obnoxious religion actively or passively 'the chistrianity' feel the need to just bring everything in your own religion's context.

You are really trying to defend this pervert.
It's because of people like you, that so many pedos get away.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
There are just something’s that are inherently known in life.
Like If you get hit it hurts .. so you inherently know that hitting someone else hurts them. EVERYONE understands this. Even if you grew up in isolation you would know that.

It’s Basic physical universal experiences.

This falls under that.

Synless

I don't remember reading about any centuries long systemic abuse in the education system. You might want to expand where you get your news from. I suspect you're living in a bubble.
Nah, im not talking from the long term angle but reports of underage relationships with teaching professionals pop up more in the news than those from religious sectors. This is a newer (several decades) issue.

You wanted another dynamic duo, I’m just listing one, though it isn’t ”more” dynamic.

Last edited:

Scotty W

Gold Member
I have no doubt that monks do all kinds of degenerate stuff. But I also know that many cultures do all kinds of strange stuff.

I am reserving judgement on the Dalai Lama til IT OS proven or disproven that this is a trad greeting.

It is as if moral relativism destroyed morality, and then erased any trace of itself on the way out.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Nah, im not talking from the long term angle but reports of underage relationships with teaching professionals pop up more in the news than those from religious sectors. This is a newer (several decades) issue.

You wanted another dynamic duo, I’m just listing one, though it isn’t ”more” dynamic.
You're not wrong with the teacher student dynamic, though I did say 'name a more iconic duo'. :p

Winter John

Gold Member
I bet the Pope is laughing his ass off. Probably been making jokes and shit, hitting the Dalai on his insta - Your new boyfriend's mangy boo #TwoBagger

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
All joking aside I feel bad for that poor kid. Imagine how conflicted he was and the pressure he must have felt. I'm sure if Ace Sparrow the kiddy diddler defender wasn't banned he'd be in here defending this behavior.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Nor is the Dalai lama is a white dove, this man receives financing from criminal groups in Mexico, I am specifically speaking of Martha Sahagún de Fox, wife of former President Vicente Fox, who shamefully tries to profit from selling marijuana.

dalai-lama-y-fox-1.jpg_390997036.jpg

In addition, the Dalai lama joined forces with Felipe Calderón, who is a criminal who ordered the assassination of many people being president and gave social insecurity to Mexico and who launders money through charitable associations.

His-Holiness-meeting-with-Mexico-President-Felipe-Calderon1.jpg

Shame on the part of the Dalai lama, consorting with criminals.

Last edited:

Banned
This is so overblown it's ridiculous. People want something to hate I guess.

I dunno, I think it's definitely odd and inappropriate. But watching the video, it doesn't necessary seem sexual. I'm not going to condemn the dude, but it's definitely sus.

as someone who loves when religious leaders get fucked, I too find this extremely overblown...

was it weird? yes... but god damn, people act like he took his dick out and slapped the kid across the face with it.

Bragr

Banned
If the outrage and the presentation of the controversy weren't there, you wouldn't even have blinked twice while watching the video.

If you guys were filmed your entire lives, I am 100% sure I could find some awkward situation, slow it down, and write "look at this fuck" on the video and make you seem creepy or fucked up.

The way this morphs into stuff like "I am sure he does more stuff like this when nobody is looking", or how it's portrayed that he likes little boys sexually, is completely insane and a sure sign of people getting played by the perception of the outrage.

Yes, he acted creepy and it should get called out, but the way this is worming its way through the media, and the way most of you guys are acting, is proof of how easy it is to play people like a fiddle with the right sort of controversial content.

I don't remember Brad Pitt sucking tongues in Seven Years in Tibet. Sticking the tongue out is a traditional greeting, the Lama just made a bad joke out of it lol

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
If the outrage and the presentation of the controversy weren't there, you wouldn't even have blinked twice while watching the video.

If you guys were filmed your entire lives, I am 100% sure I could find some awkward situation, slow it down, and write "look at this fuck" on the video and make you seem creepy or fucked up.

The way this morphs into stuff like "I am sure he does more stuff like this when nobody is looking", or how it's portrayed that he likes little boys sexually, is completely insane and a sure sign of people getting played by the perception of the outrage.

Yes, he acted creepy and it should get called out, but the way this is worming its way through the media, and the way most of you guys are acting, is proof of how easy it is to play people like a fiddle with the right sort of controversial content.
So glad to know someone knows the real "truth" and the rest of are just dumb schmucks.
Alternately some things are so absurdly brazen ie. Wacko Jacko that our minds refuse to believe it can be true.

Bragr

Banned
So glad to know someone knows the real "truth" and the rest of are just dumb schmucks.
Alternately some things are so absurdly brazen ie. Wacko Jacko that our minds refuse to believe it can be true.
There is no "real truth", there is a video.

And it's absolutely hilarious how you can say that and then in the next sentence hint at some "wacko jacko brazen truth" that our minds refuse to believe.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
There is no "real truth", there is a video.

And it's absolutely hilarious how you can say that and then in the next sentence hint at some "wacko jacko brazen truth" that our minds refuse to believe.
Oh so you think he was innocent too? I'm starting to see a pattern here no need to reply. Don't want to derail any further. Kiddy diddler defenders go on ignore.

Im more inclined to believe it is some weird tibeten teasing thing. Just cause theres so many international cameras around and even a translator.
That said I still think he needs to be raked over the coals because old people having any physical contact with children who theyre not directly related to is weird af and that shit needs to not be normalized.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Oh so you think he was innocent too? I'm starting to see a pattern here no need to reply. Don't want to derail any further. Kiddy diddler defenders go on ignore.
Innocent of what? it's all on the video. Are you talking about whatever he does behind the scenes? What are you talking about?

That you get so worked up you have to use ignore because a reply triggers you, and then call him a "kiddler diddler", is EXACTLY what I was referring to earlier. I am more scared of you than the lama.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Innocent of what? it's all on the video. Are you talking about whatever he does behind the scenes? What are you talking about?

That you get so worked up you have to use ignore because a reply triggers you, and then call him a "kiddler diddler", is EXACTLY what I was referring to earlier. I am more scared of you than the lama.
Fortunately for you, you're not a little boy so no need to be scared. Back on ignore you go.

Winter John

Gold Member
My entire life? You could find something creepy and fucked up I did today. I threatened to push my wife down an escalator 20 minutes ago. Last week I tried to convince my kid her grandma used to be a man. The week before that we had to get a new babysitter. So I asked one to drop by the bar for a quick meet. When she turned up she asked if my wife and kid were around. I said no, I didn’t want them two cockblockers hanging around spoiling everything. She thought I was serious.

Last edited:

Rran

Pretty obnoxious to take this specific situation and use it as a blanket means of insulting all organized religion.

Might as well say, "Of course he did that, he's a man. Men and pedophilia, name a more iconic duo." Lazy and unfair.

Weird and gross situation regardless.

Banned
Pretty obnoxious to take this specific situation and use it as a blanket means of insulting all organized religion.

Might as well say, "Of course he did that, he's a man. Men and pedophilia, name a more iconic duo." Lazy and unfair.

Weird and gross situation regardless.

it's not as if organised religion needs any more reason to be shit on lol there are plenty already

Top Bottom