• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 2 - Haven Island trailer, it’s the Final Expansion Pass level DLC

GV82

Edit: Release date is, yup September 24th.

Level info
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-2-haven-island/

Looks good, I really like the stormy weather stuff & hope it is in the actual gameplay & not just for this trailer.

on the last IO monthly stream, when someone asked if there would be a new expansion pass for the game, Travis from IO said “No this is it”

But I wouldn’t put it past them if they make another one off dlc for the game later on because technically it doesn’t have to be sold as a expansion Pass, much like they did after the first game with Patient Zero or will they just go to work on Hitman 3? and Their New IP that they hinted at but have no details to share & maybe even next gen Hitman too? Therefore there maybe no spare team to make new Hitman 2 content.

Last edited:

Coflash

It is great, I just wish we had more features. It's 2019 - 13 years on from Blood Money and the series still has less features than we had back then. It'd be nice if we had all that plus the improvements that came from these new games. Blood Money's mechanics (eg: first person view, dual wielding, upgradable weapons, civilians picking up weapons and trying to fight you, taking human shields, being able to look through keyholes without having to use X-ray vision and so on) made levels more random and interesting.

GV82

Huh, I thought for some reason there was supposed to be one more.

Great game. Great series. Hope it continues.

Nah, it was just 2 Levels - the Bank for expansion Pass one & this island for expansion Pass 2 (until they combined the 2 passes into one) and a bunch of Sniper Maps & mini dlc bits like weapons/costumes. It did piss off a lot of fans because they paid £40/$40 etc the both passes (20 each if bought when they were split) pretty much the price of a full game & now they found out that there was only meant to be 2 playable maps & a handful of Sniper maps they got pissed off.

Which is understandable especially when a Lot of people bought it in advance with no indication that there was only going to be 2 levels & they say they may not have bought it in that case if they knew that in advance, especially as the gold edition of the game has gone as cheap as 25 for the full Base game+both expansions passes, compared to those that paid 40-60 for the base game & another 40 for the pass.

For me it was worth it because although expensive I knew I would get so so much play time out of it & knew I loved 2016 (I still play 2016 a lot 3yrs later still) so much, I felt IO deserved it, although Warner Bros now distribute it, so WB must be getting quite a chunk of the money too.

My advice there is if anyone doesn’t have the pass yet and £40 for 2 levels & Sniper maps is too much for you, wait until the sales and it goes 50% off then for about £20 you will feel it is worth it.

I need to replay this. Are there any more levels coming with the pass? I'd rather replay when the whole package is released

Last edited:

T-Cake

I'm quite happy if this is the last major update to Hitman 2. I'd rather they get to work on Hitman 3 for PS5 and make the Hitman 1 and 2 levels available in that game for super speedy loading times. There's nothing worse than reloading scenarios in this game to try other things because it takes too long.

FrankJovine

Neo Member
Still love this game, keep it up, and never lose that slight sense of ioi humor that makes assassination kinda charming

GV82

I'm quite happy if this is the last major update to Hitman 2. I'd rather they get to work on Hitman 3 for PS5 and make the Hitman 1 and 2 levels available in that game for super speedy loading times. There's nothing worse than reloading scenarios in this game to try other things because it takes too long.

Tbh I hope Hitman 3 comes this Gen, I mean it should be announced & released next year if they follow the same 2 yr pattern pattern, 2016 part 1, 2018 part 2, 2020 part 3. Just before the new Gen consoles release.

That then ends the Trilogy they said they had planned in 2016, then they can start fresh on next Gen with totally new mechanics/storyline etc

Wouldn’t mind then a Trilogy Package of these current Gen Hitman games on next Gen consoles as a re-release say in 2021/22 (with all the online stuff unlocked to play as we wish in a complete package like they released the bloodmoney/absolution package just recently on this generation ) as we await Next Gen Hitman & the New IP they are working on.

I need to replay this. Are there any more levels coming with the pass? I'd rather replay when the whole package is released

No this is it, this is the final Level out on Tuesday, it was one level per expansion pass. The Bank was the first one that came out & now this island level is the one for the second pass.

Last edited:

GV82

HZv5fv6.jpg

Btkf4sE.jpg

9O08QX9.jpg

H4C3zhW.jpg

nudI2pH.jpg

It came out yesterday btw, only had a chance to play it for 30 mins, so I haven’t seen the stormy weather yet, I really like the level so far.

Edit: if anyone is wondering I’m playing on a Xbox One S, so if you have a One X/ a PS4 Pro or a high spec PC you would probably get better graphics, plus there is probably compression on the screen caps

Last edited:
Top Bottom