• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Summer Update Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

No Revelio needed here! We’re sharing all of the details around our upcoming summer update. Get ready to dive back into the magic of #HogwartsLegacy on June 6th!

GOtVcXYXgAAiA5i

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
The fact that this game had zero support and zero DLCs after the release is insane to me. They left so much money on the table, except if they have in mind to release a sequel really soon.
To be fair, the game's only been out a year. Feels longer, but the current gen versions came out in Feb last year.

I'm guessing they're working on a multiplayer game in this world. But DLCs would take time. If there are any, I imagine it'll be sometime next year and that'll wrap this game up. Wouldn't be surprised if they're all on to the next one though.

The fact that this game had zero support and zero DLCs after the release is insane to me. They left so much money on the table, except if they have in mind to release a sequel really soon.
They'll absolutely give this game a Spiderman 2 treatment with a sequel. It's easy millions. Why sell DLC when they can sell the same map, slightly bigger or with the ability to teleport to a portion of London, Diagon Alley and the ministry of magic. Maybe even add in some kind of Quittich (that may be too far for them).

No NG+? The last trophies I need are for the other three house specific missions, and there is no way to manually save right before house selection after the prologue.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Day wouldn't be complete without Draugoth's signature typos lol

Nice they finally added Photo Mode, but honestly I was hoping for a bit more than things they listed so far

dorkimoe

i should probably go back and finish this game, i got sidetracked running around getting collectibles more than going thru the story, afraid i wont remember the combat now ugh

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Still haven't finished this. I should really get back to it.

Me neither. Was balls deep and then Elden Ring dropped and that was all she wrote.

This at least gives me a reason to go back and finally finish it. I really just have to finish off the friend side missions and a couple mains and that's it.

Raven117

Gold Member
I really enjoyed the game....and I'm not a hardcore Harry Potter fan.

Would have bought some DLC though, for sure.

You answered the obvious question right at the end. It's all being left out of this game so it can go into the sequel. All to sell another 20 million copies at $70.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I find it refreshing

Me too but also I feel like theres some kinda of ressentment over this game internally, maybe because of JK whole retarded fiasco.
This game is insane in terms of selling, but updates and news about it are scarse.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Warner Bros hires idiots, not that long ago they've announced moving away from AAA releases, completely ignoring how big of a hit Hogwarts Legacy was. I also wouldn't be surprised if they tried to monetize & gaas the sequel and end up with another Suicide Squad like catastrophe.

Kikorin

Why would you even want this? You got brainwashed or what. Tired of DLC for 99% of games. Just release a sequel.
Never said I want, I didn't even bought the game lol
I just find crazy they did nothing to support it since has been so successful.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Warner Bros hires idiots, not that long ago they've announced moving away from AAA releases, completely ignoring how big of a hit Hogwarts Legacy was. I also wouldn't be surprised if they tried to monetize & gaas the sequel and end up with another Suicide Squad like catastrophe.

Can't wait for surprised Pikachu face from WB execs.

StereoVsn

They are going to butcher the sequel, aren’t they? Hogwarts 2 - Kill Dumbledore.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
GAF: i hate gaas

Also GAF: why isnt hogwarts getting updates with lots of new content do they not like money lmao

Obviously, it's the difference between single player games that have good updates and DLC that doesn't feel like they prioritize profit over user experience (e.g. Elden Ring, Ghost of Tsushima, Witcher 3, God of War, Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur's Gate 3, etc), vs. the franchise-ruining ones that nickel and dime you with "pay to win" or "pay for convenience" bullshit (e.g. Suicide Squad, Anthem, Avengers, etc).

I'm glad the PC players will finally get the PS exclusive quest at least. I'll probably go back to my HL save game real quick just to see that quest finally

Meicyn

Gold Member
There is a difference between random stupid MTX and an expansion or large DLCs, like the ones for CDPR or even Bethesda games.
Obviously, it's the difference between single player games that have good updates and DLC that doesn't feel like they prioritize profit over user experience (e.g. Elden Ring, Ghost of Tsushima, Witcher 3, God of War, Cyberpunk 2077, Baldur's Gate 3, etc), vs. the franchise-ruining ones that nickel and dime you with "pay to win" or "pay for convenience" bullshit (e.g. Suicide Squad, Anthem, Avengers, etc).
Oh, I understand the difference just fine. Thing is, y’all have done nothing more than bitch that they didn’t give you more content in a completely free update for a single player, self contained product.

Not satisfied with shitting up the thread, y’all went further into bitching about how the sequel will probably be a GAAS title. All because they didn’t fart out much more content for you in less than a year like a GAAS studio would.

My statement stands.

StereoVsn

Oh, I understand the difference just fine. Thing is, y’all have done nothing more than bitch that they didn’t give you more content in a completely free update for a single player, self contained product.

Not satisfied with shitting up the thread, y’all went further into bitching about how the sequel will probably be a GAAS title. All because they didn’t fart out much more content for you in less than a year like a GAAS studio would.

My statement stands.
Nobody was bitching about free content. You were complaining that folks don’t like GaaS though.

What was said is that WB left money on the table by not releasing a decent DLC/expansion.

As far as Hogwarts being GaaS, WB said they are developing standalone GaaS Quidditch game and that they think AAA are too expensive without full on Live Services.

But go on, complain that people are fed up with Corpo bulllshit.

Last edited:

intbal

Did they ever bother attempting to fix the performance on Series X?
I wrote this game off after the DF video. If it's no longer a stinking trash fire, I might pick it up.

Top Bottom