• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Summer Update Announced

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
bitching about how the sequel will probably be a GAAS title. All because they didn’t fart out much more content for you in less than a year like a GAAS studio would.

No, it's because WB has made statements to that effect, and they have a record of making terrible live service games.

We think the opportunity for us, and games is a bit of a long multi-year business cycle, is to take those four franchises and be able to develop a much more holistic approach, particularly around expanding into the mobile and multiplatform free-to-play, which could give us a much better and more consistent set of revenue. Secondarily, live services. Rather than just launching a one-and-done console game, how do develop a game around, for example, Hogwarts Legacy that is a live service where people can live and build and play in that world on an ongoing basis? We think we've got the franchises.

Meicyn

Gold Member
No, it's because WB has made statements to that effect, and they have a record of making terrible live service games.

So what?

No, seriously. Did you buy Suicide Squad? No? Neither did I.

Will WB make a Hogwarts live service title? Maybe. Probably. Maybe they’ll make another single player title. Personally, I prefer to reserve my bitching for actually announced or released titles, instead of cackling over hypotheticals like a flock of hens. When WB originally made that announcement, I rolled my eyes like most did. And that was the end of my concern on that.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

So what? It means I don't trust them. And there is a lot of evidence to back up that mistrust.

Personally, I prefer to reserve my bitching for actually announced or released titles, instead of cackling over hypotheticals like a flock of hens.

Your characterization of our criticism of WB's business practices and stated direction from actual WB execs seems a tad hyperbolic. This is legitimate criticism.

Saber

Gold Member
Oh, I understand the difference just fine. Thing is, y’all have done nothing more than bitch that they didn’t give you more content in a completely free update for a single player, self contained product.

Not satisfied with shitting up the thread, y’all went further into bitching about how the sequel will probably be a GAAS title. All because they didn’t fart out much more content for you in less than a year like a GAAS studio would.

My statement stands.

Content doesn't necessarally means free ones. Theres people asking for even DLC. I know that you throw up some silly argument in the hopes of some gotcha moment, but I don't think it can be turn around in this case. Specially when Hogwards is selling absurdly well and Suicide Squad, a GaaS, is atrocious in sales to the point of even questioning their support.
So yeah, criticizing the lack of paid content(as you keep spamming bitching) is totally fair in this case, unless you have some valid counter-argument for why its wrong to ask for updates in a somewhat very sucessfull game.

DanielG165

The fact that this game had zero support and zero DLCs after the release is insane to me. They left so much money on the table, except if they have in mind to release a sequel really soon.
This game sold in droves, and is still showing incredible success; I have no doubt that a follow up is being worked on. “Really soon” most likely isn’t a realistic look, but in the next couple/few years, definitely.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Happy Oh Yeah GIF

Meicyn

Gold Member
Your characterization of our criticism of WB's business practices and stated direction from actual WB execs seems a tad hyperbolic. This is legitimate criticism.
I think context is important. I said nothing in Suicide Squad threads because the criticism of shitty WB’s business practices was 100% relevant. But this is a thread about a free content update for a successful single player game that thankfully didn’t try to squeeze every drop of money they could. They aren’t charging $5 for Azkaban robes. It’s free.

If it had just been “I wish they did a proper DLC with meaty content”, I would have said nothing as well because I share the sentiment. I would gladly pay for a proper expansion if it were presented. Hogwart’s Legacy was my game of the year last year. Disappointment about a lack of meaty DLC is fair.

But no, the thread devolved into bitching about GAAS. Yet another thread about it. If WB had the studio pumping out outfits and brooms with $5 price tags, I’d be right there with you. But this IP is at the moment, untarnished. For now.

Content doesn't necessarally means free ones. Theres people asking for even DLC. I know that you throw up some silly argument in the hopes of some gotcha moment, but I don't think it can be turn around in this case. Specially when Hogwards is selling absurdly well and Suicide Squad, a GaaS, is atrocious in sales to the point of even questioning their support.
So yeah, criticizing the lack of paid content(as you keep spamming bitching) is totally fair in this case, unless you have some valid counter-argument for why its wrong to ask for updates in a somewhat very sucessfull game.
See my reply above. Admittedly, my initial post was more snarky than it needed to be, I’m just sick of seeing threads about GAAS in general. I got annoyed that it leaked into a thread about a single player game that didn’t MTX people to death.

Last edited:
Top Bottom