• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hokko Life - Its basically Animal Crossing for PC

Stitch

Gold Member

Developed as a one-person project by Robert Tatnell, who previously worked for Lionhead and Sony, Hokko Life is a "creativity-filled community sim" for PC. It's pretty easy to see the similarities to Animal Crossing titles: there's a bunch of animal villagers, fishing and bug-catching, for one thing. But Hokko Life seems to be putting its own spin on the formula by asking players to be more creative, introducing a workshop editor and painting functions so players can customise individual pieces of furniture, wallpaper, floors and clothing. These can be crafted with resources found by mining, chopping wood and collecting flowers. And there's also some farming, should you need some fresh air after assembling your furniture.

yaaasss, gonna craft me some nice rainbow shirts

Holammer

I like the idea, we need a good Animal Crossing clone on PC, but something about the art puts me off. It's too clean and high poly, the animal heads are freakin' huge (same size as the body), which makes them look like furries or sports mascots rather than anthropomorphic animals.
Toby Fox should make an AC clone set in the Undertale universe, he'd make a mint!

ss_28e2275ac74c063d8761feb4fd8f0283e8948bba.jpg

-Arcadia-

Banned
I really like some of the added customization features, but making it a village full of animals is kind of lame.

That’s where it becomes more copy than inspiration.

I guess that’s fine, and the animals certainly look a lot better than the human avatars ( :messenger_grimmacing_ ), but it’d be fun to see a game like this take Nintendo’s idea and try to stand apart with doing something new, versus, ‘Hey, we made you Animal Crossing, but not as good, on PC.’, which I imagine is what this game is going to be.

Similar feelings on that Pokemon clone.

Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing is one of my favorite genres, and this looks really good to me. I'll get it on the cheap sooner or later.

Isaak

Neo Member
They need to work on the character design. One of the main draws of Animal Crossing is the art style.

Top Bottom