• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
soultron said:
I like how this is turning into GAF-helping-GAF.

Okay, with the help of Rayme, I've managed to get my paypal linked to my bank account. What's the next step? Where do I go to for the link that I need to post here for you guys?

EDIT: Sorry guys, but as I mentioned before, I'm terrible with paypal.

Could either give us an Email linked to your paypal or post a "donate now" button/ link somehow. Both Yield similar results. Looking into how to post a button now.

Rayme

I think all it takes is your email address; whichever one is linked to your PayPal account.

I'd only give that out through PMs, though. =)

EDIT: themustardman is clearly superior, here!

Cyan

Banned
Soultron- good man. I'd be careful with the paypal thing, though--in the past, similar stuff on GAF has led to ugliness.

HJ- good luck! From the tone of your latest posts, it sounds like you're going to land on your feet.

Yeah the best way is probably just to make a list of everyone who wants to donate and send a mass PM of your email address. Probably don't want the billions of Gaf lurkers and the millions of Nigerian banker Gaf lurkers seeing your email.

On second thought if lurkers can donate, you may have enough to afford a small car very soon.
You may also get information on penis enlargement. Hit or miss.

*edit was spelling.

AlternativeUlster said:
I got a place for the next couple of nights but I am just waiting until Thursday when my medical study starts and then I can get like 5,000 dollars to rent out an apartment for like 10 months. What part of town do you live in?

Well I live in Melbourne and my apartment is quite small, but I have a spare mattress you could bunk down on. Check your PMs!

soultron said:
Looks like the paypal thing won't be working for me. It takes 3-5 days to verify since PP has to make small deposits to my bank account.

Hey! Make the paypal thing work.

I am super broke at this moment, but I'll get paid some good moneys on Monday, so I'll be able to help if need be.

HJ! If you were at my city, I would have put you in one of my apartments, you seem way cooler than the last asshole that my dad tried to help. Well if you ever plan on traveling let me now

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Neverender said:
Well I live in Melbourne and my apartment is quite small, but I have a spare mattress you could bunk down on. Check your PMs!

Oh that's cool man. No worries about it. I have no way to get up there since my car broke down when I went on tour and I only have another week before my study starts so I can float around down here. Thanks though.

soultron

Banned
Well, if people want to donate, hit me through a PM and I'll give you the email I created for the purpose of this paypal donation deal.

I can post it here later, but I think whatever regular GAF members want to give to HJ should be more than enough.

soultron

Banned
Okay, PMs have started to come in. I'm sure if HJ were reading this right now, he'd thank you guys. I'll try and keep you guys updated on everything and what it goes towards.

I know this has the potential to get ugly, but let me know whatever I can do to keep this as honest as possible with you guys. If you think posting the total donation amount and items purchased (with pictures of receipts) is the way to go, I will do that. Maybe HJ will tell me to cut the donations off if he feels like he's gotten too much help or something.

AlternativeUlster said:
Oh that's cool man. No worries about it. I have no way to get up there since my car broke down when I went on tour and I only have another week before my study starts so I can float around down here. Thanks though.

Yeah I don't have room anymore anyway, the late Frank Zappa just turned up and asked for a bed, sorry man.

Rayme

If it gets to be too much, then we can just have a poll and GAF can decide which charity to give the excess to. =)

soultron

Banned
Rayme said:
If it gets to be too much, then we can just have a poll and GAF can decide which charity to give the excess to. =)
I think it's only fair that we do this since there are people who don't have GAF accounts and need help.

Okay, the donations are working, so it's a go. Just PM me if you want to donate to the HJ Fund.

Please let me know if you guys want updates on the balance of the account. Like I said, I'd like to keep this as honest as possible and not have people biting at my or HJ's ankles over this.

I'll be seeing the guy in 14 hours now. Haha. I'll say this in advance for HJ;

Thanks to everyone has donated thus far.

soultron said:
I know this has the potential to get ugly, but let me know whatever I can do to keep this as honest as possible with you guys. If you think posting the total donation amount and items purchased (with pictures of receipts) is the way to go, I will do that. Maybe HJ will tell me to cut the donations off if he feels like he's gotten too much help or something.

I'd like to see some pics of you and HJ enjoying yourselves. Just in the same sort of feel good way that's watching a fast motion montage of a house being built on TLC for some family.

At this point i don't think anyone is doubting your legitimacy. If this is the most elaborate hoax every orchestrated to get a new DSI, then by god you deserve to keep my $15.

Someone mentioned they'd donate once they had some money, but Id say if your broke don't stretch yourself. I'm betting by the generosity of Gaf they will end with quite the admirable sum.

Keep us updated! Coming Fall 2009, the feel good thread of the year!

soultron

Banned
Haha. Okay, I'll get some pictures with HJ or something! Hopefully they'll be moreso of him enjoying himself, since this is all going towards him.

That sounds like a really good idea.

soultron

Banned
DeathNote said:
are either of you gay and single?

someone write a fanfiction of them hooking up
Seeing as how both of us have made girl-age threads in the past, we're both straight.

I'm taken right now. Sorry, DeathNote. :[

This thread, and soultron, is amazing. And good luck, HJ. I'm right in the middle of moving and I'm going to start at a university, so I need all money I have at the moment. Otherwise I would have given a donation.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
soultron said:
Seeing as how both of us have made girl-age threads in the past, we're both straight.

I'm taken right now. Sorry, DeathNote. :[
Yeah I realized that soon after posting. :lol

My ex girlfriend was all into gay fanfictions. She made me read something sort of like this.

So, I was making a joke to myself while thinking about how awesome it is to meet neat people in bad times.

DeathNote said:
Yeah I realized that soon after posting. :lol

My ex girlfriend was all into gay fanfictions. She made me read something sort of like this.

So, I was making a joke to myself while thinking about how awesome it is to meet neat people in bad times.

Sure, buddy.

soultron

Banned
Okay, I've sent out screen caps of the donation totals to everyone who has donated.

There will be many pictures of HJ kicking ass as soon as we start getting him some food/etc with the donations you guys have dropped.

While we're all in the giving mood, remember there are actual charities out there that need you guys too. The remainder of the money that isn't used will go to a charity that GAF decides upon!

soultron

Banned
With the amount that you guys have donated thus far, HJ will be able to pay his first month's rent at his new place in no time. You guys are the real heroes here.

Thanks to everyone who has donated thus far.

soultron

Banned
Here's an update for everyone, as promised.

ppDONATIONS-2.jpg

If anyone who has donated thus far wants me to take down the image, PM me. I've done my best to censor the private stuff.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yo yo yo, glad to see this thread make such progress.

I believe I have some unused money from selling digital music in my artist account. I can send it straight to my PayPal account if so. Anyone want to clue me in on how I can donate to Soultron?

soultron

Banned
DeathNote said:
paypal converts USD to CAD right?
As far as I know, yes. Someone donated from Australia and PP took a very small percentage of the donation to convert from AUD to CAD.

EDIT: Ice, check your PMs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
soultron said:
As far as I know, yes. Someone donated from Australia and PP took a very small percentage of the donation to convert from AUD to CAD.

EDIT: Ice, check your PMs.
k.

When you transfer it to your bank account, I'm pretty sure they'll take a little bit more out. Bitches.

Fuck dude, if I were living on my own and you were near me I'd let you crash at my place. Your dad's fucked up. It isn't like you committed a murder or something.

All I can say is good luck, man. I hope you somehow find a place to stay soon.

Arjen

Just wanna say hang in there HJ, really hope you get back on your feet.
And kuddo's to soultron offcourse, awesome thing you're doing.

soultron

Banned
Arjen said:
Just wanna say hang in there HJ, really hope you get back on your feet.
And kuddo's to soultron offcourse, awesome thing you're doing.
I'm not really doing much. I'm letting him use the couch we never do. I'm funnelling all the donations directly to him. If anything, I'm just a crude middle man who wouldn't want to be in this situation either.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Alrighty then, I'll be back in this thread tomorrow and hopefully make a donation, thanks for the tipoff Soul.

soultron

Banned
Black_Ice said:
Alrighty then, I'll be back in this thread tomorrow and hopefully make a donation, thanks for the tipoff Soul.
I'll PM you the screen grab to confirm. There will be periodic updates on the total posted in here too.

KevinRo

This thread has restored my faith in humanity. If I wasn't in the same situation but a little better off than you I would send some money too.

Hope everything works out man, you can only look up from here.

soultron

Banned
KevinRo said:
This thread has restored my faith in humanity. If I wasn't in the same situation but a little better off than you I would send some money too.

Hope everything works out man, you can only look up from here.
Hopefully this thread can lift the spirits of those who are in similar situations then, like you said!

EDIT: I'll try to get back to you guys in a bit, but I really need to start/get back to studying for my exam tomorrow. Less than 10 hours until game time... :[

Arjen

soultron said:
I'm not really doing much. I'm letting him use the couch we never do. I'm funnelling all the donations directly to him. If anything, I'm just a crude middle man who wouldn't want to be in this situation either.

Well even if you feel you're not doing much, i think it great what you've done for the guy.
And i'd be happy to donate to, got to stick up for my fellow engineers

Ok, too much pages to read since i'm in a controlled traffic bandwith internet.

Let me resumo so you guys fill up the gaps:

- HJ gets kicked out of the house with nothing.
- Soultron (dunno if you're a friend of him or anything) get a paypal thingy so we can donate money to help him.
- I'm posting this.

This right?:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom