• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many Gacha games do you play ?

Cuantos?

Votes: 140 79.1%

Votes: 20 11.3%

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • 3+

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters
I’ve played Fire Emblem Heroes since it launched. It has a lot of content added quite often and I’ve enjoyed all the characters from various FE games interacting with each other. The gameplay offers a ton of modes and challenges which are updated regularly. I probably have well over 1000 hours in the game as it was my lunch break time killer, then my “I can’t sleep” time killer for years.

I have spent $0 in the game. I kind of feel I should drop a few bucks at some point considering my time spent but then I remember someone else will drop $100 to get a jpeg of a character wearing a swimsuit which offsets my being a cheap fucker.

Tams

Ingress, Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. I played Pokémon Café ReMix for a short while.

I've spent no more than £20 in total on all of them combined and haven't bought anything for well over six months.

Looking at fhe shops on them disgusts me. Ingress has an absolute ripoff of a subscription, and Pikmin Bloom... it shouldn't be legal to have a £220 option.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
0 now, but I have in the past with the biggest time spent on Dragalia Lost.

It makes sense, all these games are designed specifically to annoy you, that's the entire intent behind their design, from concept to development to updates. The developers don't want you fully enjoying your time, so design the game from the ground up to do that and push you towards spending money to replace that lack of reward.

To those who are enjoying the game despite the literal design doing its best to try and make you not. Well done, I just don't have that mental fortitude to play a game that is designed to tell me to fuck off unless I spend money on the slot machines. I'd rather play a game designed to be a good game.

Its sad because you can see little nuggets of greatness in some of these games worlds. It's one of the reasons people are excited about the Granblue JRPG, intresting world, intresting characters, not dog shit designed garcha system for whales.

Last edited:

ssringo

I've played Azur Lane since it launched. Despite it being a horny harem collect-a-thon it's based on naval history and inspired me to learn more about famous ships and battles and led to me making donations to historical preservations; namely Patriot's Point where Laffey and Yorktown are located.

Btw, here's some gacha games releasing in the future that caught me eye:

I won't mention Zenless Zone Zero or Project Mugen since those got lots of media attention already.

Oh and Danjin44 Danjin44 looks like Wuthering Waves named one of their characters after you. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

nYK3AxV.png

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Fate Grand Order and i really regreted it. The game is only worth playing if you are really rich.

Now i've been trying to sell my JP account to no avail so i could get some losses back.

Last edited:

killatopak

None atm but the last one was Star Rail because of how free player friendly it was.

The only thing I could complain about it is the thing that plagues all gachas which is time commitment. Dailies etc. I just want to play when I want to and not have consequences in failing to do so. I just try to go back when a story update hits.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Played Genshin for a bit around release. Busted my ass to get a couple of scent characters (after many pulls of the same damn one), then got to the second area and they expected me to do that shit all over again, that’s when I stopped.

Fbh

None.
Years ago I got into Once Piece Pirate Cruise for a while.
It got me in the usual gacha way where at first the pacing is nice and you are unlocking new characters, and leveling up fast and advancing through the story. But once I hit the point where it all slowed down to a crawl and the grind begins I quickly gave up.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah overall great game but I really disliked most of the mechanics related to the Blades outside of combat like the completely unnecessary Gacha stuff and the annoying way to level them up

Madonis

Five, which is too many (yet somehow they aren't even the most popular ones, so it's probably...not enough, I guess).

That said, I'm essentially spending nothing on them right now, mostly doing only daily missions and going full F2P after learning a difficult lesson a few years back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom