• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble SNK NeoGeo 25th Anniversary bundle, including several PC debut games

BiggNife

Got some screencaps of Garou, uploading them now.

The long and short of it

-These are emulated but they have a fancy frontend provided by DotEmu
-keyboard/gamepad controls
-Save states
-No online modes
-They all seem to be running in MVS mode and if there's a way to change it to AES I haven't found it

Corpekata

Banned
Yup, lotta ROMs, but eh, 10 bucks, not too disappointed.

Some games appear to not play well with high refresh rate monitors, like Shock Troopers 2, so may require some fiddling.

Xbox 360 pad working fine on Windows 10.

Tried Garou now.

Didn't see any online options.
XBOX360 Gamepad worked without any problems.
Game ran fine in Windows 10.
Graphic options seemed to be just a choice between windowed and fullscreen.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-A9DD9AC3D56EA7E9 - Taken by Miff. 4 entrants total.
Metal Slug X -- MB-ADFF3A7875BA6F77 - Taken by Nudull. 9 entrants total.

t1449613584z1.png

MQX

Is there a chance that Humble Bundle will give you the Steam keys if those "Humble Debut" games will also be released on Steam? (kinda like how Groupees does with Steam Greenlight Bundles)

It's a really great bundle.
But I'm still thinking if I want to bite. The games in the bundle are mostly DRM-Free games :/.

Syril

The long and short of it

-Remappable controls
-Save states
-No online modes
-They all seem to be running in MVS mode and if there's a way to change it to AES I haven't found it
Wow that's disappointing. Some of the AES versions of these have extra modes.

The only two reservations I have- is the emulation any good//will I get steam keys? The *only* reason that those are even a question is because I have all of these physically.

That being said, $10 to a charity place for a super killer bundle? Going to likely do it regardless. I can't remember if I've ever seen some of these available outside emulation.

This year has been a weird one for gaming. There's a few titles I still want sequels and such to- but the gaming companies came in and knocked out so many titles that were on my "given up hope/not going to happen" list.

Great time to be a gamer.

BOTEC

Ha ha ha. These are just mame ROM sets packaged with a DotEmu emulator. So bootleg, but so awesome. Does this give me license to use the sets with mame legally?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Folks who want to play Garou online with amazing GGPO netcode should really look into Fightcade.

PhaZZe

Banned
if i buy it now, they will give me steam keys for non-steam games later???

Still amazing bundle, everyone should buy it now!

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
What a weird bundle. So you play the games in your browser but you could also download them. What are you downloading? Files that still require a browser? There are 5 games that are on steam so there's that.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. I mean, it's a pretty good deal no matter what, but what bits of this are limited to playing in a browser? I don't want to play any of these in a browser.

edit - never mind, you can download them separately from the Humble Bundle account page. Answered my own question.

well this is what I mean... you gotta pay 15 dollars for just MS3 or LB2 on ps4

I just refuse to buy those but boy oh boy I bought this humble bundle...

It's just great what these guys do. But its sometimes hard to split the money up when everyone involved deserves money imo

I'm hoping Humble will say something about whether we will get Steam keys for the leaked games or not, because that's the difference between me getting the $10 tier and me not buying the bundle at all.

Tizoc

The long and short of it

-Remappable controls
-Save states
-No online modes

How do you remap the controls?

Folks who want to play Garou online with amazing GGPO netcode should really look into Fightcade.

You know what, if there's a way to get these ROMs onto fightcade that'd be interesting.

Gren

FYI, the soundtrack (at least for AOF2) is just the arcade-originals, no arranged samples. Still good, though.

I would die happy if Capcom did something like this with their CPS2 library.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gren:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gren, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH -- MB-502BFB12C933B335 - Taken by 2n2
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-FA7C073DC36292CC - Taken by Nairume

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
One of the best, if not the best retro bundles to date. I definitely like seeing the SNK titles distributed like this. I grew up around SNK and these games are beyond being great. They stand out with quality alone.

The fighting games can't be outdone in a lot of ways.

BiggNife

How do you remap the controls?

You know what, if there's a way to get these ROMs onto fightcade that'd be interesting.

Fuck, I assumed you could change the controls on the controls screen, but now that I'm trying to do it I'm not getting anywhere.

Honestly, for $10, I am not really bothered with all of them not being Steam and most of them buying some sort of ROM. I will gladly rebuy the ones I want from Steam in the future if they are good enough. That $10 is buying a lot of content that will hold me over.

entremet

I was not prepared. Only it's missing is Windjammers. If that gets added I might come.

Windjammers is tricky since Data East owned the rights and those rights were acquired by another company.

It's in rights hell right now.

Sad because it's such a great game and deserves legitimate exposure.

There is the emulator and ROM route, but that's not legitimate.

Top Bottom