• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a 21" flat CRT 4:3 monitor, and now I'm obsessed with (re)playing newer PC games on it. Perfect motion is perfect.

Xdrive05

Quick technical update for Nvidia users testing out their CRT monitors. When creating custom resolutions in the Nvidia Control Panel, change the Timing settings from "Automatic" to "GFT". This helps you stably reach those higher resolutions and refresh rates big time. I'm now settling on 1600x1200@85hz for this ViewSonic G220f, which looks like the sweet spot.

Also, check your Windows 11 "Advanced Display" setting to make sure you're getting 8-bit color depth (or even 10-bit if your VGA adapter allows that):

68joFUu.png

Apparently some cheaper adapters will restrict this to 6-bit color.

Tarin02543

bf2042 is pretty sweet on my 19 inch Sony CPD 420. No place on my desk for that big boy though so no mouse and keyboard. I've sacrificed an old IKEA office chair and use its undercarriage to roll around this beast around in my living room.

Couch CRT + controller gaming!

Last edited:
Top Bottom