• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate Red Coins!!!!

Chittagong

Gold Member
They've completely ruined my ability to enjoy modern games. In GTA Vice City and GTA: SA, I always load the previous checkpoint and redo the mission if I fail. On Burnout 3 I replay a mission until I get a gold medal. On RE4, I had to search each and every corner not to leave anything behind. I wonder if GTA: SA would be good if I never completed all the missions. Dunno, I played until a sniper mission I just couldn't complete and gave up.

I blame Red Coins and Yoshi Coins.

aparisi2274

thats why I love my gameshark and action replay....

I can enjoy the game, and not worry about searching every god damn nook and crannie for a red coin that may or may not get me that super terrific happy ending....

aparisi2274 said:
thats why I love my gameshark and action replay....

I can enjoy the game, and not worry about searching every god damn nook and crannie for a red coin that may or may not get me that super terrific happy ending....

Yeah I am sure your parents are REAL proud to have a cheater as their offspring.

Dear me, what would jesus say?!?!

Acosta

I hate when the game has multiple endings and I don´t have a single idea of how to get them. However, I just play from beginning to end and hardly care for extras, I enjoy the game, see the end that I have got and forget about the game. Exploring too much the same place looking for something ruins my experience, I love to explore, but to see the game, not for searching some obscure object.

Sometimes I start again, but the game has to be really good like KOTOR or Baldur´s Gate, games that can actually offer you quite a different experience.

shibbs

Hehe i had the same thing, untill a while ago when i forced myself not to go back (to get something i missed). This way i might have a chance to complete a game.

Gchaime

That's what i liked about Beyond Good and Evil, you didn't have to look for al kinds of shit, no back tracking and once you completed there was no way to go back to look for stuff that you missed. I felt completely at ease while playing it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gchaime said:
That's what i liked about Beyond Good and Evil, you didn't have to look for al kinds of shit, no back tracking and once you completed there was no way to go back to look for stuff that you missed. I felt completely at ease while playing it.

You felt as ease? That made me restart the game :lol. And I just recently 100% completed GTA:SA. It took some work but IMO it was so worth it.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I tried to get 100% on Pac-Man World 2 and broke 2 GameCube controllers doing it. I've forced myself to give it up. It's too aggravating for me in most cases.

Gchaime

That game opened my eyes, and made me realised that i don't want to spend 10 hours on stupid sidequest just to get some statistic (that i won't even care about once i finished the game) to say 100%. I now only those play parts of that i enjoy or are absolutely necesary for completing it.

Jeff-DSA

fennec fox said:
I tried to get 100% on Pac-Man World 2 and broke 2 GameCube controllers doing it. I've forced myself to give it up. It's too aggravating for me in most cases.

I'd say so. If you were going ot 100% a game on the Cube, it should be Pikmin 2 and...uh, well, not much else. Well, F-Zero and Metroid Prime are worth it as well.

Top Bottom