• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a confession to make, something Ive never told anyone anyone before...

Tesseract

Banned

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Distance is ok. His first album "My Demons" is an easy listen from top to bottom

And then there's Burial. Everybody was listening to his self-titled debut when it came out. No shame in that, it's a great record.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is dubstep the techno with fake wah pedals?

Also, why are there so many different names for techno? The only one that actually sounds like its own subgenre is house music, and it is still definitely techno.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

Also, why are there so many different names for techno? The only one that actually sounds like its own subgenre is house music, and it is still definitely techno.
I thought it was confusing in the 90s when it was House, Bass, Bass n Drums, Dance.

We labelled it all as Electronica,

Now there’s even more sub labels to it.

Mr Sky

I was a huge Dubstep head during highschool (2010-2014) during it's golden years. It was a fun time to be honest, my whole circle was into Dubstep as well and we would jam out to new songs and even go to raves together. These days the genre definitely hasn't aged well and is almost cringey, but i'd be lying if I said that the Dubstep era wasn't a fun time in music for me.

Last edited:

Mr Sky

Techno is a style of Electronic music. In America we somehow got confused into calling all Electronic music "Techno", i'm not sure why. The rest of the world usually refers to it as "Dance Music" or "Electronica", in the US it's usually "Techno" or "EDM"

lock2k

Banned
I still like it.

I don't have a profound knowledge but I always liked noisy stuff and industrial. It fits my bill pretty well.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Techno is a style of Electronic music. In America we somehow got confused into calling all Electronic music "Techno", i'm not sure why. The rest of the world usually refers to it as "Dance Music" or "Electronica", in the US it's usually "Techno" or "EDM"
It's all techno.

Top Bottom