• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I installed the Epic client and I feel ashmed of it

keraj37

:(

For Crysis Remastered - I installed Epic games, I feel bad

cMGNQXN.png

Last edited:

keraj37

I use Unreal Engine so I have to have it, but Epic Games Store isn't that bad. What are you ashamed of?

Because they thought they can buy anyone, they just need to find what they value. They found I value Crysis :/
Also Epic Games client is one big ugly spyware - and I installed it voluntarily.

Crysis Remastered is worse than Epic Store so you should feel extra ashamed.

We will see, I am going to play it tonight.

TeKtheSanE

Because they thought they can buy anyone, they just need to find what they value. They found I value Crysis :/
Also Epic Games client is one big ugly spyware - and I installed it voluntarily.
I'm curious, what spyware do you think they are using? I've used this client for quite some time, is Epic stealing my debit card info? (I don't use credit cards, f that)

Fbh

Eh, it's fine.
Some good free games, some good sales, good regional pricing too.

Using GOG Galaxy 2.0 it hardly makes a difference if a game is on epic or steam.

I mean if a game is also on Steam I'll still get it there but Epic isn't the end of the world, and both are equally shit compared to GOG anyway.

Last edited:

keraj37

I'm curious, what spyware do you think they are using? I've used this client for quite some time, is Epic stealing my debit card info? (I don't use credit cards, f that)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I've claimed a ton of the free stuff, but still have not purchased anything and have no plans to do so for the foreseeable future. I came close with Control, but eventually just waited for the Steam release.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
We should be passed the point of feeling bad, it's just how things on PC are. It's not changing anytime soon unfortunately.

If anything I feel bad that you installed it solely for that poor "remaster." It's pretty poor.

thief183

Gotta say that with all the bad games on Steam, IT is somewhat refreshing looking at Epic store and don't see all that crap... For now at least.

Also, the store is not that bad, and It doesn't disconnect as often as Steam lately.

VN1X

Banned
Yeah EGS is a laughable client compared to Steam and all of the features that offers.

Still I had to install it because of Rogue Company and Diabotical, I pretty much use it only for those two titles. Never bought a game on EGS and never will either.

Last edited:

timmyp53

Lol I've installed it and disabled auto startup like every other application in the world I use. Not sure why it's important at all. It's just a way to get and play games. I honestly care nothing about all these features people complain about.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
This is a victory for the CCP OP. You should uninstall it. Fuck the Epic Games Store and Tencent in particular.

llien

GoG client NATIVELY supports games you buy on EPIC store.
Go to integrations menu and simply enable it.

Steam is also supported, although, through community plugin.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
You should feel ashamed for paying $30 for this instead of the original fixed version for $5 right now on GOG.

Last edited:

adamosmaki

i installed epic just to get Ark for free but honestly its so bad and the lack of mod support for games made me buy ark for a tenner on steam. since then never used epic again

LOLCats

Banned
Pc gamers are the most cry baby persons in the industry. So you have to install another program? Big fucking deal.
maybe not crybabies, but complainers and grudge holders for sure... . For me its true, Ive been pitching a fit about facebook account linking requirement with oculus devices for weeks. I currently hold a grudge against corsair for over 2 years, i dont really like epic because moneyhat data miner garbage service, etc.

basically if PC gamers dont like something, they let everyone know about it (at every opportunity).

Last edited:
I bought Hades on it with my $10 coupon for redeeming Rocket League. The launcher is nothing to write home about but it's not terrible either.

Top Bottom