• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I installed the Epic client and I feel ashmed of it

Kamina

Golden Boy
fb0.jpg

the_master

So they give some good free games, and you feel bad? You think they buy people out by giving free games and paying devs for excusivities?

Do you have thoughts of your own? Or do you just read them from the Internet?

petran79

Banned
After their online drm validation fiasco with Samurai Shodown, I'll never bother with them again. Hope they get flooded with hentai games

Kataploom

Gold Member
I actually uninstalled it and the... like 3 games I had installed, right after seeing this thread.

After apple debacle started, I just started feeling, from uncomfortable to absolutely dirty by supporting Epic in any possible way, I even started uninstalling their games then, just didn't pull the trigger to get rid of that thing as a whole.

I don't know why, it just "feels wrong" to me...

Last edited:

Rubik8

I installed it so I could load Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for my daughter to play. It was a free game last week. I have never spent a penny there, and likely never will. Who wins? Me.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I’ll never understand how something as simple as having to open a different launcher causes people such anger and distress.

Shrap

Good work comrade! Do not feel shame, we are more connected than ever and we can see everything you do. Do not forget to backup all of your personal documents on the same PC your EGS client is on just in case you lose them.

You have done well. Your social credit score has now increased.

theclaw135

Banned
I’ll never understand how something as simple as having to open a different launcher causes people such anger and distress.

People don't want a free and open marketplace where game companies can sell a game directly, on multiple stores, or a single store, without fear of retaliation.

Being locked into one vendor is overwhelmingly public preference. The outrage were consoles ever to allow other launchers would be incredible.

People don't want a free and open marketplace where game companies can sell a game directly, on multiple stores, or a single store, without fear of retaliation.

Being locked into one vendor is overwhelmingly public preference. The outrage were consoles ever to allow other launchers would be incredible.
Yeah I'm going to have to disagree. There are multiple storefronts like gmg, fanatical and humble bundle to buy keys from. There is a reason most folks get games on sale even while they are full price on steam. Even if you only play on steam, you aren't locked into one vendor.

There is also GOG which earned it's respect through good customer practices and listening to feedback. Epic has done no such thing. You either buy on epic or you don't. Yeah real fucking free and open bud. Look at us miserable fucks who don't want to buy games on epic holding down the free market by not supporting epic trying to choke the free market by holding games hostage. 👍 Keep up the a+ logic comrade.

As for console gamers, pretty sure they would jump on that shit without a second thought. Egs would be like an oasis ina desert for those walled in garden folks who don't know what the meaning of choice is.

Last edited:

theclaw135

Banned
A free market is a two way street. Publishers have the choice to sell a game only on epic. Don't be entitled. If a game isn't on the store you want, don't buy it.

Kataploom

Gold Member

I have GOG, Steam, Uplay and, if there's something I care about EA, Origin... I don't care at all.

It's not about having another client, it's about Epic Games. Take what you will from that.

GymWolf

Installing the epic store is ok, installing the epic store just to play a botched port of a mediocre game is far worse tbh :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Tumle

I don't know if i care that the CCP has my personal information.. google has it, apple has it, facebook has it, microsoft has it, the N.S.A has it and the list goes on.. so what's the difference, if another big self serving entity, in a foreign country, gets my info?

im fucked either way, if shit goes sideways :p

Top Bottom