• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i just read that eidos really wants to make another deus ex once the deal with embracer is finished

samoilaaa

i know that i shouldnt be excited because in this day and age being excited for a product is very dangerous , it can leave you with alot of disappointment but i cant help myself , deus ex is one of my fav games of all time , ive been gaming for over 20 years and its one of the few games that for me had everything

i really want a deus ex made in unreal engine 5 with a mature complex plot filled with mystery and conspiracies , complex level design that lets me aproach the mission the way i want to , a set of useful skills that arnt there just for the sake of it like in cyberpunk , i dont think open world would work so they should stick with hub areas , just make them bigger

i know this is a useless thread but i have alot of excitement in me and have to let it out

this trailer is so awsome even after 12 years , cant wait to hear jensen's voice again

Fbh

d60.jpg

Though to be honest I think if they go back to it their best bet might be some sort of soft reboot and start a new storyline with a new character. Adam Jensen was cool but a third entry in his story might be too alienating to new players.

Count me in, Deus Ex is also one of my favorite series ever and I’d be all over a next gen version. Was even considering another play through of MD but not sure if it still holds up

Begleiter

It makes sense to do, but I certainly wouldn't count on it having the graphical fidelity of a Mankind Divided. Without S-E money there'll be compromises, especially if there's to be any hope of actual depth.

Karak

I can't tell if this is based on the same bit I talked about on the podcast months ago but "Eidos" is not the same as some people in the company.
That being said the idea originally wasn't to shoot for Cyberpunk as Deus Ex isn't really in competition for that space(though of course, it could be), which is now what the supposed idea is.
Also Embracer was very open, refreshingly so, that making massive AAA games isn't something they were going to push. So it makes me interested knowing if the explanation is a bit off on this one, or how Eidos would go about it especially pushing the funds needed for a fulltime massive open world. Even if they started discussing it back when I heard about some ideas thats still 3 years out which sucks.

I still say Shadowrun should try lol but I want more of these kinds of games so I want them ALL to try.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I can't tell if this is based on the same bit I talked about on the podcast months ago but "Eidos" is not the same as some people in the company.
That being said the idea originally wasn't to shoot for Cyberpunk as Deus Ex isn't really in competition for that space(though of course, it could be), which is now what the supposed idea is.
Also Embracer was very open, refreshingly so, that making massive AAA games isn't something they were going to push. So it makes me interested knowing if the explanation is a bit off on this one, or how Eidos would go about it especially pushing the funds needed for a fulltime massive open world. Even if they started discussing it back when I heard about some ideas thats still 3 years out which sucks.

I still say Shadowrun should try lol but I want more of these kinds of games so I want them ALL to try.

Oh man I'd love another Shadowrun. It's been too long since Harebrained made their shadowrun games.

It makes sense to do, but I certainly wouldn't count on it having the graphical fidelity of a Mankind Divided. Without S-E money there'll be compromises, especially if there's to be any hope of actual depth.
Lol

Square Enix market cap is 5.85 billion

Embracer group is worth 9.52 billion

So what exactly are you basing this on?

Edit. Captain already pointed it out.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
i know that i shouldnt be excited because in this day and age being excited for a product is very dangerous , it can leave you with alot of disappointment but i cant help myself , deus ex is one of my fav games of all time , ive been gaming for over 20 years and its one of the few games that for me had everything

i really want a deus ex made in unreal engine 5 with a mature complex plot filled with mystery and conspiracies , complex level design that lets me aproach the mission the way i want to , a set of useful skills that arnt there just for the sake of it like in cyberpunk , i dont think open world would work so they should stick with hub areas , just make them bigger

i know this is a useless thread but i have alot of excitement in me and have to let it out

this trailer is so awsome even after 12 years , cant wait to hear jensen's voice again

I'm with you, OP. Deus Ex is one of the main reasons I was hoping Xbox would buy Edios Montreal and Crystal Dynamics. Love Human Revolution and Mankind Divided and I want more.

P.S. The Adam Jensen character is awesome and would LOVE to hear his voice once again too.

flying_sq

I still have to finish Human Revolution and Mankind Divided. I have started HR so many times, and never got farther than China. At one point I just figured screw it, use mods, enjoy the story. Gave myself any weapon I wanted, infinite ammo, and those ability points. Still couldn't finish it. I kind of feel like I want to though.

Karak

Oh man I'd love another Shadowrun. It's been too long since Harebrained made their shadowrun games.
I fully expect that someone somewhere has looked at the idea of a Shadowrun attempting the Cyberpunk style game. The cost is enourmous but I would have loved to see Rockstar try that versus the next GTA. Nothing against GTA

Soltype

I don't know, those games weren't bad but I don't think they are a good fit for Deus Ex. I'd like to see another company try their hand at it to see if they can get closer to what the 2000 game was doing.

On the actual output of the publishers they own and the relative success of Deus Ex. Market cap certainly isn't the whole story.
Lol that's not what you said though, you said they'll miss SE money, they obviously won't. Square Enix thought Deus Ex was anything but a success btw. Why wouldn't they have done another deus ex otherwise? They're saying they want to do it now because the cunts in Japan won't be stopping them.

And it isn't the whole story, you're right. Maybe now they can actually finish their game without being rushed by SE like they were with mankind divided. The developers are still there, now they don't have Japan's overlords rushing them and calling the product disappointing like they did with literally every western release.

EDIT: maybe they can get back to sleeping dogs as well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom