• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I paid $23K for my wolf suit — now I’m free of human relationships

Cyberpunkd

Well no shit it could easily be some guy who typed in the wrong number or some spam caller calling me to advertise some junk I've never heard of. That's not a problem
It is a problem since you assume things, which for many is an excuse to limit social contact.
Don’t assume things, pick up the phone and see what it is about.
FYI his situation is worldwide, and Europe doesn’t have a problem with robocalls.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It is a problem since you assume things, which for many is an excuse to limit social contact.
Don’t assume things, pick up the phone and see what it is about.
more often than not those assumptions are true and i just end up with wasted time on my hands. We've got contacts for a reason
besides... i feel it's fine to be able to make an assumption when it's on the phone. it's not like it's anyone you know

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

This fellow from the NYT trending caught my eye while reading about the other guy.

black-alien-380.jpg

At least the fur suit guy can take the costume off.

9hOLOi3.jpg

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Yes. A lot of young people outright refuse to answer phone calls from numbers they don’t know.
Mate, if I answer a call from a number I don’t know in Italy there’s a fair chance I’m gonna get automatically subbed to a service I don’t want and have money taken from me with no hope of getting it back. Phone scams are literally a daily risk here. Even if I was still a teenager, which I’m not, I’d rather waste the very slim chance that some girl wants to talk to me on the phone than getting scammed.

That’s a really good looking wolf mask. I admire the craftsmanship.

I’d have some fun scaring the fuck out of people with that. Of course living in America I’d probably get shot within five minutes.
Five? In America they wouldn’t even stop a second to question the bipedal walk. Too many werewolf movies.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That’s a really good looking wolf mask. I admire the craftsmanship.

I’d have some fun scaring the fuck out of people with that. Of course living in America I’d probably get shot within five minutes.
I kinda assume people like this are walking around Portland constantly. You'd be fine there.

Cyberpunkd

Folks be talking as if western countries did not have this issue. Japan is just the endgame.
Other countries can solve it to some degree with immigration. Japan is on one hand inherently xenophobic and resistant to immigration, on the other hand their work/live structure and place of women in society (you get pregnant, you become a housewife) makes it way harder to change things.

They are fucked.

Cute Girl GIF by Lina

Last edited:

Tams

To each their ow... nah, this is mental illness and people are encouraging and facilitating it.

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

At least it looks great quality though, unlike the sex suit furry shit in the West.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
A bit off topic, but still part of the conversation.
Is social media and the computer the reason we as humans are losing the ability to communicate face to face?
also.. 23K for a wolf outfit??? Seriously insane that somebody would drop that on a costume.
It’s none of that. It’s the smart phone. Without the smart phone neither the computer nor social media would be a problem. Working in Hong Kong right now and it has never been so obvious to me. The amount of people looking at their phone outside is just staggering. No wonder there is no real communication.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Bro... The skill on that fursuit is legit movie quality... What the FUCK. Completely lacks cartoonish aspects that normal Fursuit costs. I'm impressed.

Kovet

What happens IMO is they become nerdy hermits. Instead of trying to hang out with friends, get laid, and at the same time find a significant other to marry like everyone else does, they get accustomed to watching and playing anime TV shows and video games and jerk off. By the time they grow out of it (maybe), it's too late. They are too weird and nobody wants to get near them.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Bottom